• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you guys use to maintain inventory

ilikefishes

I found an app on the market that is called CigarGeek. It works really well and is pretty easy to use. I have five humidors, so I wanted to start to kind of watch what I am smoking and how often. My question is what you guys use to do this? I am also really interested in any sort of beer apps you might know of? Thanks in advance for all your input.

I've started using cigar boss. It works pretty well for keeping an inventory.

I use an Excel file. I find it works pretty well for me, and I can enter any information that I want into it.

I haven't really looked into inventory apps, but might take a look at the to mentioned here.

ETA - I find the Excel file is nice because I can also keep inventory of other things at the same time. Like when I am involved in a pass, I can keep track of all the P/Ts and I don't have to worry about the host updating the OP after each round. It also helps me figure out what I would want to trade in a pass, as I can toggle between sheets and get a good idea of what I have vs. what I want in the pass.

I open my coolidor, look in, move boxes around, move more boxes around, move some beads, grab a stogie, and put all the boxes back.

I use an Excel file. I find it works pretty well for me, and I can enter any information that I want into it.

I haven't really looked into inventory apps, but might take a look at the to mentioned here.

ETA - I find the Excel file is nice because I can also keep inventory of other things at the same time. Like when I am involved in a pass, I can keep track of all the P/Ts and I don't have to worry about the host updating the OP after each round. It also helps me figure out what I would want to trade in a pass, as I can toggle between sheets and get a good idea of what I have vs. what I want in the pass.
X2!

i dont maintain my inventory, i try to deplete it as fast as i can....lol

Tim

I open my coolidor, look in, move boxes around, move more boxes around, move some beads, grab a stogie, and put all the boxes back.
i dont maintain my inventory, i try to deplete it as fast as i can....lol

Tim

^^ Yeah, pretty much what these guys said. I don't have nearly the inventory as many of you, though, even though I have a fridgidor full of boxes and singles (dorm-size mini-fridge). Maybe if I had THOUSANDS of cigars I'd want to know what's where in a little more detail, but for now, just the quick visual and grab keeps me up to date on what I have enough of and what I'm running low on. As for aging of cigars, I write the date acquired on the bottom of the box or ziploc bag I keep the singles in.

I tried Cigar Boss, didn't like it. Started a spreadsheet which worked fine, I just never kept it up. So I have resorted to the not keeping track and every day is a suprise approach.

Actually with around 250 cigars I can pretty much tell you what's in there with reasonable accuracy.

Yup...I like this method since I lose things and find hidden gems years later!!! :)

I couldn't lose a cigar in my humidor if I tried, in fact I don't even think I could lose a grain of sand in there. I really need to work on a bigger new humidor.

Dude, with your skills you should be able to build a humidor we would all envy.

Dude, with your skills you should be able to build a humidor we would all envy.

Well its not an issue of ability, I'm just too cheap. I'm gonna put together a little Coolidor soon.

To give my answer to the OP's question, I haven't managed in the past. I did just download the cigar boss ap, it's pretty neat.

Search craigslist for free wine coolers. I have found several for myself as well as others. Great cheap option.

I pretty much do a quick look to see what I have as well. With just one Vino, it's easy to open the drawers and take a peek.
HOWEVER - I do keep a strict log of my purchases... I bought a book of 'receipts' at the local CVS and fill them out myself with
the date of purchase, from who, where, what, and how much. I then break it down by dividing the total price by the number of sticks
to get my 'price per stick'. This way there is no confusion when I go to do a sell (which has yet to happen, but at least I am prepared
to offer a 'fair' price based on my notes.) I then tape the individual receipts to my "Cigar" notebook where I also write to the side of
the receipt, a little information on the cigars I purchased. Just helps me keep track more on how much/what Im spending my $ on.

Here is a brief pic of my notebook. . .
gallery_13416_1487_58210.jpg

About the only thing I use is an old boot camp maxim. "Smoke 'em if you've got e'm".

I do however, keep a box of all my receipts underneath my Koolador. In the kooladore, I have a small box on top that I use to keep my smoking notes. Essentially, after smoking a new cigar, I write a numeric grade on the back of the band, and a one or two word description/impression of the smoke. I then throw the band into the small box, which I have nickmaned band-in-a-box. :laugh: ;)

I use Stogierate for iphone and love it. It will sync with the desktop version and viceversa.

Some of you guys are hardcore with your inventory. :)

I thought about creating an inventory years ago, but then decided it's just another thing to manage and keep track of. I smoke what I have, and if I run out of a particular blend, I buy more. Easier that way. :)