• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been drinking lately ??

Well this is a spin off of the smoking lately theme but thought I’d throw out I’m enjoying a beautiful oatmeal stout waiting for the pork loin to finish in the smoker. Probably top the night off with Hemi/Macallan 15 yr old single malt combo. The days are once again brutal(90-94)in AZ but evenings(68-70) are AWESOME!

I've been enjoying Wild Goose Oatmeal Stout and Porter for the last few weeks. Both goes great with a cigar. When I want something a little stronger I reach for my go to drink, Jameson's Irish Whiskey on the rocks.

I have the luxury of living near (and soon owning part of) a microbrewery. (Did I mention that the bar is cigar friendly?) This makes for very easy access to hand crafted, small batch brews. I'm a hop-fiend, so I generally drink ales and the occasional bitter. Lately, though, I've been drinking a Russian imperial stout.When the urge for a stiff drink strikes me, I open up the bottle of 10 year old Laphroaig, or warm up some sake.

And were might this be:confused:
I myself am freind to the Hop when I'm not spending the money on cigars LOL
When you own a peice and get a signature brew ( which I know you will, because I would love to have a sig brew) I'd like to try that.
Oh ya I have been drinking alittle Killians Red as of late. :)

shadowWhat are some of your favorite oatmeal stouts ?? My local store only has two but there is a liquor store that supposedly has the motherlode of bears. The brand I current have is called "youngs" from the UK, it is a stout thats for sure but boy is it pretty!

Darren: It's right here in Louisville of course! It's the perfect place for a herf. If any of you show up on my doorstep, I'll buy a round.

I have been enjoying a nice Irish Stout that I brewed. I have been alternating between that and a brown ale I also made.
When I am in the mood for a wee bit stronger libation, I am going for Evan Williams Single Barrel or Gentleman Jack.

Michael,The best oatmeal stout that I have had has been the one that I brew. I got the receipe from a friend of mine who got me started on homebrewing 17 years ago. I've made some changes to it over the years to gear it to my wife's and my tastes. I had an Oatmeal stout at the Pike Place Brewery in Seattle a few years ago that comes a close second to mine, then the Wild Goose.I've had Youngs, not bad. But there is still nothing like a pulled pint of Guiness IMHO.

You know shadow, a cigars for homebrew trade isnt beyond me, I am expecting some madi WOA's anyday and I invite you to email me for my other "choice" selections ;)Michael H(Edited by Michael harvey at 8:45 am on Mar. 28, 2001)

Well I tried myself a new oatmeal stout "samual smith" , I found it not very note worthy ,not much in the color/taste department, 2 gulps out of 5.

Michael, you liked it more than I did. YUCK!Now the Russian Imperial Stout they make is pretty good.

I was trying to be nice :) Never know who likes what ! Kinda like dog rockets,someone somewhere smokes em or they wouldnt make 'em :)

Anyone on here like black/tans? Thats another favorite of mine, its great in a pilsner glass out of the freeze.

I like black and tans ,, also one of my fav's is Harp or just plain guiness . We have several real Irish pubs here
that have all the good stuff . Pat

I'll bet that DarrenR has heard of this one.I just picked up a six-pack of "Burning River Ale" from the Great Lakes Brewing Company in Cleveland. Very hop-centric ale. I've been looking for them ever since they won the best of show award at last year's Louisville brewfest. I'm going to enjoy working my way through the six-pack. It will give me something to drink while I set up my home-brewery in the basement. :biggrin:(Edited by KStevenson at 10:00 pm on April 3, 2001)

I am one of those that love dog rockets, LOLSamual Smith's Pale Ale, is one of my favorites. Also enjoy Fuller's 2000 Vintage Ale.

Found a large bottle of Cadillac Mountain Stout from the Bar Harbor Brewery that was 5 years old. I had forgotten all about it. Poured a glass and was amazed that after that amount of time it had lost very little of its flavor. The rest of the bottle was quickly consumed. :biggrin:

Way to sacrifice yourself Shadow :) what if that 5 year old bottle had fallen and hurt/cut someone ?? The manner and time in which you disposed of it says it all !