• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Hygrometer Do You Use

Do you use an analog or digital hygrometer?

• Analog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

gibu

Hi guys.

I am sick of my hygrometer's. I have five or six digitals and two or three analogs that came with humi's. I don't have a single one that is acurate. I know the correct way should be just see what smokes good and not even need the hygrometer, but I always notice problems too late it seems, plus I just like accuracy.

Do you guys try to get accurate or just use the analog and your best judgement.

If you have a hygrometer your really, really happy with then I want to know about it.

I use a $20 radio shack model that is now discontinued. It is easily calibrated and works great. I can't speak for the new ones but they probably have the same internal workings with a newer sleeker cover. I'd check Yahoo for hyrgrometer calibrating and see what pops up. If you find one that can be calibrated, chances are it will be close to accurate after calibration.

Thanks for the advise Stack. I've never had one I could calibrate.

I'll look around.

As posted on the other hydrometer thread ;)

click here orHere

A bit more but worth the price. Or you can check out the Arlin's post with the retailers. :thumbs:

Wascal, I have one of each of those they list at aristocrathumidors(although purchased from a different retailer) and they are both around 5% high. I was really excited about the pen one especially because I figure 1 or 2% off in middle range would be close enough, but like I said its more like 4 or 5 high at 70%. I was really disapointed.

I can assure you that despite whatever you may have heard or read, the EXTECH Recalibrateable Digital Pen is the most accurate.

I even got one sent to Habitat Monitor to evaluate in Habitats 'chamber' and it was 'on the money'!

My clients spend ALOT on Humidors I make & I must have a hygrometer that is consistent, accurate & reliable. Or else my clients would have strung me up a long time ago. [Grin]

Cheap it ain't, but IMO the best out there!

gibu said:
Wascal, I have one of each of those they list at aristocrathumidors(although purchased from a different retailer) and they are both around 5% high. I was really excited about the pen one especially because I figure 1 or 2% off in middle range would be close enough, but like I said its more like 4 or 5 high at 70%. I was really disapointed.
If it's that much off send it back. I'm sure they will stand by it.

Just bought the new Radio Shack. A little large for my humidor, but still quite accurate.

ALostTexan

I use both but I prefer my digital Caliber hydrometer.
Click me

p768.gif

Arlin do you sell those directly or just recommend them?

They look sweet.

If you're selling them for $99 that's a good price.

check out this huge list!

(Arlin's in in there.....)

http://www.professionalequipment.com/xq/AS.../qx/default.htm

looks like you can also get the unit sans calibration bottles for $55:

http://www.instrumentation2000.com/catalog...1/0701123e.html

you can make your own 75% calibreation solution....that's the area where you want it to be accurate too...I bet you could dig up the azeotrope that produces 33% too.....

this is cool stuff!

notice how the site has a 10-pack offer? ANybody interested in a group buy for $49 each for the one Arlin recommended, just without the calibration bottles?

I use a Csonka digital. It's ok. I think it reads the temp a little high. RH is pretty accurate. Can't calibrate though.

Arlin are the batteries on those pen-type deals good enough to leave them on all the time? OR are they just for spot-checking every time you open the thing?

analog. it looks cooler. and it's cheaper. though mine cost around 10 bucks.

with a digital, i'm also afraid the humidity might screw up the thing after a while, like maybe the battery leaks, even though that's prolly not going to happen, since they rarely do taht.

I have 3 humis, 3 analog's. 2 don't work at all. The third was calibrated about a year ago and if I remember correctly (whch I hope I do as I use it as my guide LOL) is 7%-8% high.

One day soon though I plan on getting a good digital hydrometer.

Sam