• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What kind of Lighter Fluid?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I need to refill some of my cigar lighters... What's a good lighter fluid to buy? Thanks.

Rod,I have had good luck with the Colibri brand. I was using Ronson's and my Blazer knock off kept getting plugged.

I have been using Lava Fuel in my el Cheapo Blazer knock off for over a year now.
Longevity may be in technique too. Be sure to empty your lighter completely before refilling.

Ed, you better stock up on Lava fuel. They are out of business. Both the Colibri and Prometheus fluid work fine. I also understand that there is a brand called Vector which is similar to Colibri and Prom. they are all tripled refined.

I've been using Blazer fuel for quite some time. It's great stuff, but hard to find at times.

I also use Lava. I went out an picked up a dozen cans to tide me over for a while, as I heard they were going out of business. Colibri in the brown can (Odorless) works well also, and the Vector.

Thanks for all the info. I remember Bill told me to use Lava a few weeks ago (during the thursday night chat). Too bad their going out of business. Seems the next best brand is Colibri, so I'll pick some up this week. Thanks again.

I have a Volcanoe lighter so I only use Lava in it. But for the cheapie knock=offs I generally use Colibri. Guess I have to go find some Lava now. Anybody know of a source. I've had the same can for a while now and don't know where I got it. I think a buddy gave it to me.

Although i haven't tried this one yet, a good friend of mine from another BB says Vector is really good and cheap. It's my next butane purchase. You can get it at Holts &#363.50 a can