• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was the last cigar that really let you down?

Pipe Smoker

Along the lines of the "What was the last cigar you really enjoyed" thread:

After work today my wife and I had dinner down town. The weather here in Philly is unseasonably pleasant so after dinner I swung by Holts and picked up a couple of cigars. One was an Opus Petite Lancero. Now I have a few sleeping in the cooler, but I haven't actually smoked an Opus in years so I decided what the heck lets fire this bad boy up. It smelled great, but it was plugged tighter than...well tighter than something really darn tight. I could barely get any smoke through it at all. I kept at it, but in less than an inch the burn went to hell. I ran my makeshift draw tool through it but that was of little help. I could barely pass it half an inch into the cigar before it hit something solid and started to split the wrapper. I smoked about a third of the cigar before I had to give up. Damn shame.

What a downer man. Hate it when that happens. Had a 5 Vegas Gold the other night that didn't go too smooth either. The draw wasn't too bad but it just seemed a bit acrid and bitter.

The one I'm smoking now. Fortunately, it was a gift. :p

It wasn't performance as much as flavor. Lacking at first and mostly Nic spice in the end.

At the price point of the Undercrown, I expected more complexity. I still appreciated the chance to try it.

Can't remember the name, but Jose Seijas blended them for Vegas Fina. Lower priced, but friends who like the same kind of stuff I do raved about it, and I love me some Jose Seijas.

But it pretty much sucked ass. :(

~Boar

Tie:
Padron 46- More like their x000 series than anything worthy of a "Family Reserve" name. First Padron ever to disappoint me.
and Tatuaje The Face. Like the 46, poor draw and construction. After Frank Boris and even the Drac which has aged into a fine smoke this was a letdown.
Like Godfather 3, an average product seems downright mediocre when expectations are high

The one I'm smoking now. Fortunately, it was a gift. :p

It wasn't performance as much as flavor. Lacking at first and mostly Nic spice in the end.

At the price point of the Undercrown, I expected more complexity. I still appreciated the chance to try it.

Sorry you did not like it Steve. :(
I smoked one last Sat. and felt the same way about it. I expected alot more from this cigar.

The last cigar to really underwhelm me was a
vomit-smiley-31.gif
DIC 2010 Parti Short. It was WAY to young. It was like smoking a dirty litter box with all the ammonia the cigar had. Hopefully I forget about how bad it was and revisit the box next year.

vomit-smiley-9529.gif
Fuente Opus X 'all of em'
sick0007.gif
- This line has been the biggest let down since I've been smoking cigars. I haven't liked them since ~2004ish. I don't know what's different, but Opus cigars back then were better. Now I feel like crap every time I smoke one. The taste is overpowered by the nicotine. I wouldn't smoke another even if it were free and partnered with a fifty dollar bill.

The only Fuente offerings I enjoy are the Anejo's and Hemingway's. :love:

Opus X robusto. Ive given about 5 of these a chance and every time I'm overwhelmed by bitterness and just an overall lack of any sort of defining flavor.

Never have had one......Just cigars I like and cigars I don't like.

I had a Padron 1926 #6, with a couple of years on it, that basically tasted like flowers. That was a real let down.

Some Gurkha. I got a really cheap 6 pack off a gimmick sale that cigar bid was putting in. Each of the cigars had a number... tight draw, tobacco wouldn't stay lit and tasted like moth balls. You would've think I learned my lesson.

I'd say the Padron 45. What a let down that was. It was way too young (odd for Padron to have that problem, right?) and it was plugged all to hell. On top of it, the ash was hardly breaking off like it had too many stems in it. :(

The other one was a natural Padron Milli. I'd venture to say it was faked.

So, after reading all this I'm sure it looks like I hate Padron, but I freaking love them. Just had a couple crap cigars.

In general cigars over $10 are let downs for me.
Sure, they're a little better than most of my regulars,
but usually not $5-$10-$15 better.

Some of my $5-$8 regulars are better than some $20
cigars, imho.

Chemyst :cool:

Cohiba Siglo VI Tubos, purchased in 09, Smoked after 1 year of aging in 2010. Not that it was horrible, because I did enjoy it. It wasn't quite as smooth and honey/almond like as the first few I had picked up in 07/08 and smoked after 6 months to 1 year of aging. It seems like this particular blend/batch had the Cohiba grassiness and coffe tones but the graham/almond/ honied flavors we're over powered by maybe a tad too much Ligero IMHO.

I wasn't pleased with the Tat Fausto. It seemed loose and not much flavor. The flavor issues could be due to what I had smoked previously in the night; however, the overly loose draw was from poor construction.

Similar to James, I had an Alec Bradley Black Market which had a bad burn and not much flavor. It was on a fresh palette paired with a vanilla porter.. needless to say, the beer definitely out shined the cigar this time around.

Brickhouse. I've read, and read, and read about how great these are. I've tried them 3 times now, and still can't find a thing about them I like. I'm not giving them another shot.