• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your first real cigar?

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
So, first real cigar....

For me a CAO Brazilia, still like them :)

A fake Cohiba. Had a glass top box gifted to me when I was visiting a friend in Canada. We both thought they were real. But I enjoyed it anyway.

Macanudo Portofino....but the Dominican H. Upmann petite corona was what got me started smoking with any regularity.

You mean not counting Swisher Sweets and Garcia y Vega bundles from the drugstore? A RyJ Bully.  Loved it.  Smoked the hell out of those and, when I could find them, Macanudo's Vintage releases.  For years.

Then I went to my first ever tasting at a B&M and they handed me an Ashton VSG Spellbound and say "Light this" . . .  :love:

~Boar

Ashton Imperial. (2008)
I bought a box to give out to my wedding party and there was a few extras in the box then I needed so when I got home from the B&M a buddy and I lit one up and the rest was history.

Royal Jamaican petite corona. A lovely cigar made with Jamaican filler and Cameroon wrapper. They don't make them anymore, or any other Jamaican tobacco cigar, thanks to hurricane Gilbert, which decimated the cigar industry on that island.

Doc

************************************************************************************

Royal Jamacian LANCERO back in 1962. Like Doc said, you can't believe how good they were, but the stuff,out there now is suffering from the Gurka effect.

The first cigar I ever smoked was a Swisher Sweet the day I got hired at my first job. Other that that, I don't recall my first "real" cigar.

Just like Jerry. "Macanudo Portofino". :)

I used to love me some Royal Jamaicans. Good stuff.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

The first cigar I smoked was an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos, it kicked my ass but it was love at first puff.

madurotrout said:
Just like Jerry. "Macanudo Portofino". :)

I used to love me some Royal Jamaicans. Good stuff.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
"The Ultimate Cigar"

Plenty of rubbish cigars years prior, but my first real cigar was a Partagas Tubos of some sort over in Germany in 2003.  Bought a box when my daughter was born to hand out.

I used to work out and then go to the bar for a beverage at the Missouri Athletic Club in the early 1980's, stop at the humidor and pick out an AF 858 for $.90 and smoke it with the beverage.  That all stopped in the 90's when AF was no longer available.  Then I had to try some other schitt.  So, AF 858.