• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever happened to Dark Lord Day?

Johnny-O!

Did anyone go this year? Did a search and couldn't find any thread on it or pics. John

I'm not sure we have too many in that area anymore. Sack used to go often, but he doesn't come around here anymore.

I'm not sure we have too many in that area anymore. Sack used to go often, but he doesn't come around here anymore.

Ya where is that guy and where is MadTrout?

Sack is still in the same area I believe. We used to get together for cigars and beer now and again when I lived near Chicago. He stopped hanging around here a few years ago, just didn't care for something that happened....I honestly don't remember what it was, but I think he was given a hard time about something. He said screw it and left and hasn't been back. He's a good dude though. Hope he's doing ok.

I sure miss the heck out of Mr. Fish, he was a good brother. He was my Padron amigo.

I met Sack at a Don Pepin Garcia event in Chicago once. Really nice guy.

You never know, some of us who have been gone for a while seem to find our way back...;)

I friended Sack on facebook. He seems to be doing well enough.

Yes Sack is an awesome brother, wish he hadn't given up on CP!

If you mean MaduroTrout, he's MIA. I sent him a letter when he stopped responding to our box split pass. Never got a response.

If you mean MaduroTrout, he's MIA. I sent him a letter when he stopped responding to our box split pass. Never got a response.
That is to whom I am referring. He was all over the place for quite a while and then poof, gonzo. Any idea what happen? Did some one or something piss him off?

Nothing that I can tell pissed him off. After missing his pass month I reached out the only way I could, snail mail, and still no response. Honestly it doesn't seem like him so I worry something happened. Google didn't turn up any local news stories though.

I heard it still happened on April 30th. That they also made some changes this year with an all inclusive ticket that included four bottles of DL and a DL variant with "added ingredients". Also included $40.00 in food vouchers.

I didn't get my hands on a ticket and was trying to go with my Indiana cousin who lives nearby. Never heard how good this years was, but one thing I was glad to hear was that the ticket purchaser had to be the one entering with picture ID. I had seen them going for over $300.00 on EBay in years past.