• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's for dinner?

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
Had the opportunity to get some roasted pork shoulder yesterday. So tonight I will be making some Cuban sandwiches. I just love these things. Roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickle, some mojito spread on the bread. No not the mojito you drink, the seasoning sauce with garlic and olive oil. Man I can't wait to get home.

Had the opportunity to get some roasted pork shoulder yesterday. So tonight I will be making some Cuban sandwiches. I just love these things. Roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickle, some mojito spread on the bread. No not the mojito you drink, the seasoning sauce with garlic and olive oil. Man I can't wait to get home.

Definitely one of the best damn sandwiches on this planet!! :thumbs:

Why did you not here it was St Paddy's its mandatory to eat corn beef and cabbage in America, and ham and cabbage in the Emerald Isle.

We did the corned beef and cabbage saturday because that is when the family could make it (and my son's second birthday was Friday so it was a double celebration). Probably going to be carbonara tonight unless my wife decides to be pissed off about something between now and then :cool:

We did the corned beef and cabbage saturday because that is when the family could make it (and my son's second birthday was Friday so it was a double celebration). Probably going to be carbonara tonight unless my wife decides to be pissed off about something between now and then :cool:

Are you planning on talking to her 'between now and then'?

:laugh:

Does the roast pork need to be cooked a certain way to make it authentic?

Doc.

Corned beef and cabbage yesterday. Tonight the wife is making pan seared Ahi.

And you don't invite me over, what a jerk. You making the bread with lard. It's so hard to find a place in NYC that actually makes the cuban bread with lard.

The place I got the roast pork cooks with lard. With the health police out there, I'm sure that will end soon! I had to use local bread from Jersey, close but no cigar, LOL

Doc: Here is a quick video on the roast pork, like everything else there are variations:

Pernil

I freaking LOVE cuban sandwiches. Its a very good use for my smoked pork I have packaged up in the freezer!

GREAT sandwiches!!!

....never had one but the ingredients and seasonings sound delish..... :cool:

They came out great. I can get the bread locally, but the I have to go to Trenton. They have this small supermarket with all kind of neat food from the Caribbean and Central and South America.

Piece of cake. We have the technology. Thanks for the Video, Anthony.

Doc.

Definitely one of my wife's favorites. My father-in-law swears he makes the best, no contest! I like'em substituting turkey or chicken, hold the pork and ham.... that stuff'll kill you man!..... if that don't the lard will for sure! :laugh: