• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your cigar rotation right now...??

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Thought it would be interesting to see what other folks are smoking right now. Let me preface this with the statement that I'm lucky enough to have a ton of different cigars in my cabinet. And, I love variety. So, what I smoke daily changes up depending on what's available, and what's smoking great. But, most of the time, right now, these are the ones that you'll find me on the gazebo with.....

• Boli RC - ULA JUL 15 - What's to say about this classic other than to say recent examples are just kicking ass. A full, complex, affordable cigar. Put a box down, get a box to smoke now. They are easily that good.
  • Monte #2 - EML SEP 14 - Recent examples are smoking like a beast ROTT (right off the truck) and have solid aging potential. A rich, tasty smoke that always holds my attention. Recent shipping examples are very box worthy.
  • Boli Belicoso Fino - RAE JUN 15 - Another classic. Haven't had a bad one in months. Another that smokes fantastically ROTT and has some aging potential. If you're into the strength and spice of them out of the box, don't bother putting them down as that 'edge' seems to quell in a years time. Still wonderful, but these show their aging quickly, in my experience.
  • Party Shorts - TOR ENE 16 - Little beast cigars, I just love 'em. On the weekends when I get to start the day with a French Press of Jerry's Killer Beans and a smoke, I smoke one of these. Any day I'm home or working from home, this is first up. Recent examples have been on the money. A little spice, a lot of flavor. Buy a cab, you can't go wrong.
  • Tatuaje TAA 2016 - one not from the island, these are just big, burly, tasty Nicaraguan smokes with a truckload of flavor. Pete pulls out the stops for his TAA's, and these are no exception. When I want a change up, these are a go to. Decent deals to be had right now, I'd get a 5-er and see what you think.

Sure, I have lots of others in the cabinet. RASS have been really good lately. So have PSD4's. But, as I said, the ones I listed are the ones that stand out as incredibly consistent and really tasty smokes, right this second. You bet that in six months, that list will have changed a little.

So, what are you guys smoking....??

Cheers - B.B.S.

Was actually going to pull the trigger on a box of 20 of the TAA based solely on your recommendation Tom (Which I trust completely), and they were out of stock.

Been smoking a good number of Petit Monti #2s...my new current favorite.

Boli Tubos #3 (that BBS turned me onto last year) is running a close second.

I rediscovered a box of OR Fuente R44s hidden in one of my coolers that are smoking incredibly well.

Boli RC from 2014 are very tasty...another box I forgot I had.

I have a 2015 box of La Gloria Cubana Medaille D Or No. 4 that I'm really enjoying along with a box of Por Larrañaga Montecarlos ....long and skinny cigars rule!

Bought a box of Partagas Serie D No.6 that is bangin'....again, thanks to BBS.

On the other foot, I have had a few cigars that I always enjoyed that have completely let me down...

HdM being the worst of the bunch. The recent Epi #2s (in both tubos & SLB) have a completely different taste to those I've been smoking for many years....almost unsmokable. Even young they always had a creamy taste...GONE. I have a recent purchase of the Petit Robustos & Epicure Especial that will hopefully restore my faith in the brand.

I've been sitting on a box of RyJ Wide Churchills that have sucked balls...but recently have made a semi-positive turn...barely.

I bought a box of Trinidad Reyes that have their trademark acrid young flavor...nothing new there.

I also bought a few different sizes of Vegueros...I don't know about those...o_O

So what have you been in the mood for lately...??
Everything I have posted in the "today's smoke" thread :)
Lately:
H.Upmann #2
Oliva O
HdM du Prince
Cuaba Divinos Petit Perfecto
Montecristo Edmundo
San Cristobal La Punta
Partagas D No 4
Partagas Serie E No 2
Fonseca No.1
San Cristobal La Fuerza
Por Larranaga Petit Coronas

Summer is a tough time for me and without realizing it I've blown through a box of 1964 Anni corona maduo's without realizing it. Yea, that stem in the foot pissed me off back in June but I bought a small punch that took care that. I also smoked a bunch of Monti 2's and PSP2's on a regular basis but it seemed, without realizing it, I kept going back to anni corona's. Good thing I have two more boxes. THANKS JIM!

Right now:

Monte 1 some from 05 and some from 15, the 05 are smoking great the 15 are pretty good but the extra time in the humid is obvious.

Por Larranaga Picadores, have smoked most of one box and have a backup.

H Uppman #2.

Punch Coronation for the quick smoke.

Bolivar Corona Gigantes for a longer one.

This will change but these have been the most frequent as of late.

Just where am I supposed to rotate them? Frankly, I don't like the connotation. :)

No real rotation to speak of.

Just been smoking those Robaina farm rolled cigars on a regular basis. Really into the mille fleurs vitola from Partagas and Romeo y Julieta 2014 -16. Great second cigar or a quick smoke, these have taken the place of PLPC in the rotation.

I've got a ton of singles lingering about but I've grown to having My Father and Caldwell as a semi regular rotation.

I guess I worded the OP badly. I get it; most folks don't have a strict 'rotation' in the full sense of the word, However, I don't know anyone that will start on a box and smoke nothing else until it's gone if they have other good choices. I've found that I'll end up with four to six cigars that are on the mark, that I'll bounce between for a few months. Then, then those choices change as other smokes hit my radar.

What I was after is what are other people smoking, right now. Not a test, no one gets graded......just curious.....:oops:

Picadores, Mag46's, Warped Maestro del Tiempo are in pretty heavy rotation, but most noteworthy are Boli RC's and Punch Punch, all 2015 except current PP dress box is 2016. Singling those out just to mention the fact that in both cases I'm having way better luck with tubos vs. dress boxes. Construction and flavor have just been better, and the BRC tubo wrappers were the darkest/toothiest I can remember. Not sure if it's just my personal preference or luck of the draw... I do favor smokes without any box press to them. Tempted to buy tubos, remove the tube and store in cab boxes.

I've always had this bias against tubes in the back of my mind from waaay back when I started on cigars and had FOG's tell me "that's where they hide inferior cigars". Think I finally resolved that notion for myself.

What I was after is what are other people smoking, right now. Not a test, no one gets graded......just curious.....:oops:

I picked up some HdM from a sale on here that I'm really liking. Nothing that I'm sure you haven't had but again My Father's and Caldwell the king is dead hit just right for me.

Picadores, Mag46's, Warped Maestro del Tiempo are in pretty heavy rotation, but most noteworthy are Boli RC's and Punch Punch, all 2015 except current PP dress box is 2016. Singling those out just to mention the fact that in both cases I'm having way better luck with tubos vs. dress boxes. Construction and flavor have just been better, and the BRC tubo wrappers were the darkest/toothiest I can remember. Not sure if it's just my personal preference or luck of the draw... I do favor smokes without any box press to them. Tempted to buy tubos, remove the tube and store in cab boxes.

I've always had this bias against tubes in the back of my mind from waaay back when I started on cigars and had FOG's tell me "that's where they hide inferior cigars". Think I finally resolved that notion for myself.
Tubos are gems and worth the premium especially for aging IMHO!

I've still have boxes of RYJ Short Churchill's from 2007 in dress and tubos. I hands down prefer the tubos even though they're both great.