• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats the best EL?

jepe

I set my eye on PSD 5 EL, what do you guys think about it?
There is only one review of it by Greg and he liked it a lot.
Anyone else smoke it and can give me some feedback?

I already ordered Monties Sublimes but haven't tried them yet.

I haven't tried any of the recent EL's, but some of the previous years have been hit or miss...

I've tried several of the PSD5's. When they first came out in 2008, I thought they were a tad harsh and not very good at all. I smoked one recently, however, and it was excellent with lots of flavor and without any of they harshness that was present a couple of years ago. I would like to see what these will be like in another year or two, but I only have a couple left and I'm not sure if I have the willpower to stay away from them. The only bad thing I can say about them now is that they're too damn short!!

My favorite has been the Monte C's from 2003. Also enjoyed the RyJ Hermosos No.1 from 03 and the Partagas Serie D No.3 from 06.

I think I am against the norm on this one but I believe that the HDM 48's have great potential. Still a little harsh right now but great flavor. Haven't had a chance to try any of the newer production EL's aside from the Mag 48's.

My favorite has been the Monte C's from 2003. Also enjoyed the RyJ Hermosos No.1 from 03 and the Partagas Serie D No.3 from 06.

I think I am against the norm on this one but I believe that the HDM 48's have great potential. Still a little harsh right now but great flavor. Haven't had a chance to try any of the newer production EL's aside from the Mag 48's.

I've had the good fortune of smoking a Monte C a couple of years ago and you're right, it was an incredible smoke.

Yea I know what ya mean flavor bomb , but knoced me on my ass,,a couple more years

I think I am against the norm on this one but I believe that the Upmann Mag 48's have great potential. Still a little harsh right now but great flavor. Haven't had a chance to try any of the newer production EL's aside from the Mag 48's.

Fixed. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the EL's as I feel the maduro wrapper mutes some of the flavor of the cigar. That said, I like the Trini Ingenios of the recent EL offerings.

Great question....the longer I think about it, the harder it is to come up with one!

The one that is being smoked is always the best. :thumbs:

I think I am against the norm on this one but I believe that the Upmann Mag 48's have great potential. Still a little harsh right now but great flavor. Haven't had a chance to try any of the newer production EL's aside from the Mag 48's.

Fixed. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the EL's as I feel the maduro wrapper mutes some of the flavor of the cigar. That said, I like the Trini Ingenios of the recent EL offerings.

Wow - that was quite the typo I made! Thanks for the fix! :laugh:

Taste is always subjective of course. .. Some of my favorites have been the PSD No. 3's, the HdM Piramide, and the often overlooked HdM Regalos.

The 03 Cohiba DC and 01 PSD3 have been my favorites of the ELs, but IMHO, the best recent offering oddly was the 09 Boli Petit Beli.

As has been stated, taste is subjective. These have been some of my favorites:

Cohiba Double Corona EL 2003/Sublime 2004
Montecristo C EL 2003
Partagas Serie D No. 3 EL 2001
Romeo Y Julieta Escudo EL 2007 (really smoking good right now)
Hoyo De Monterrey Regalos EL 2007 (same as above)
Trinidad Ingenios EL 2007 (same as above)
Montecristo Sublime EL 2008
Bolivar Petit Belicosos EL 2009 (actually very good OTT)

I set my eye on PSD 5 EL, what do you guys think about it?
There is only one review of it by Greg and he liked it a lot.
Anyone else smoke it and can give me some feedback?

I already ordered Monties Sublimes but haven't tried them yet.

It's all about personal taste.

And don't forget the RE's.

As for EL's....Cohiba DC and Mag 50 and PSD3 and some others.

Gotta agree with the Monte C and RyJ Hermosos #1. My fav is probably the Monte Sublime.

These Monte Grand Edmunos have some really interesting potential though. Good flavor now for an EL.

Fave is a tossup between the Cohiba Sublime and the Party Pyramids. Close third is the HdM Epicure Especiales.

My favorite is the Mag 50 EL.... I'm burning my fist Mag 48 EL as I type this has a lot of flavor but has some bite to it. Excellent potential to be great IMHO.

Brian