• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite morning cigar

JBL11183

Lurker
For me cigars taste different at different times of the day. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite stick with their morning coffee... Some of my buddies at the shop swear by their Connecticut shade in the morning. I tend to go towards the Opus XXX for my morning drive or a padron 26 #35 maddie. I was just wondering what all you other guys out there like with their morning coffee or tea or scotch ahahi

These days E.P. Carillo New Wave Connecticuts are my go-to morning smoke.

A Padron Londers Maduro (with at least a year of age to smooth it out) with my morning coffee is the perfect combination to start the day with.

Depends. If I know I'm not going to be disturbed, a Padron 3000 natural or an AF Château Sungrown. If I'm likely to be bothered ;) , and there's a chance I'll have to let my cigar go out, a Nick's Stick Sungrown.

Three that come to mind, listed in order of preference;

- The little Tatuaje Petite Cazador Reserva. An ass kicking little spice bomb that's potent enough to really play nicely with a cup of fresh French Press. That combo will start the day with a roar, to be sure... :p It is without question my current favorite.

- Padron '64 Principe, natural or maduro. Your choice there.

- Illusione 68's are darn tasty too.

Those are my current three favorites. I think you'd dig any of them.

Padron Panatela maduro.

Morning dragon breath, and all... I really like these first thing in the morning when the air is crisp and the sun is just coming up.

I like, in no particualr order:

Padron Delicias Natty or Maddy
Illusione 68
Illusione MK
Fuente Hemingway Short Story
The old Devils Weed Robusto :(

Mine would be, in no particular order, because it depends on the morning, Padilla Miami Robusto, La Riqueza #4, Padron 2000. I like a lot of flavor first thing in the morning.

I don't usually have time in the morning, but when I do, the RyJ Short Churchill and Epi #2 are perfect morning smokes. The AF Hemingway Classic's another.

~Boar

I like, in no particualr order:

...stuff...

The old Devils Weed Robusto :(

Nothing wrong with that! Those are anytime, anywhere smokes!

The sad face is me lamenting their demise. That said, I really need to try some from the current runs, to see if they are anything at all like the Originals.
When I tried the new discount bundles, from CI, they tasted very musty and rotten. Nothing at all like the original.

Ahhhh... gotcha. I recall that discussion on the board here before, now. I've had a few (maybe three or four) that have had a distinct unpleasant smell to them pre-light. However, I don't think they tasted too bad. I cannot compare them with the old blend from personal experience, though. That is kind of crappy that it was changed for the worse. Perhaps it's my less-than-discerning tastes, but I still enjoy the ones I've gotten recently in the last few months. Then again, I probably just don't know what I'm missing.

*EDIT* Is CI the only place you can get the Devil's Weed? I have not looked around, honestly.

Tabak Especial either Dulce or Negra. Goes great with a cup of coffee.

On the Devils Weed, I believe they have gone down hill in taste and quality. The add says long filler, but I swear the other night I kept getting pieces of tobacco in my mouth, got tired of it and broke it open to find a short to medium filler. I will have to look at that tonight.

I have pretty much smoked each of my rotation with coffee in the morning, and really have enjoyed them all. Now that the cold weather is coming, there won't be as many morning cigars. I will really miss my Sunday mornings with the newspaper, a great stick and a cup of hot coffee. Come on spring.......... :thumbs:

You smoke opus XXX's in the morning??

The XXX is one of my favorite morning cigars. I love the little opus's. They give that little kick in the a$$ with my coffee to get me going. Lately though I have been smoking a lot of ISOM's in the morning...well pretty much all day. I picked up some '07 mag 46's I've been sparking up a lot lately in the morning and the BHK 52's have been smoking great...though im running low on my stash....that being said if anyone has a box or any extra 52's they are looking to get rid of shoot me a PM