• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your go to smoke?

JBL11183

Lurker
What's your go to cigar? I don't necessarily mean the one you smoke to celebrate you 50th wedding anniversary. I mean the one(or two or three for that matter)cigar(s) that you always have to have in the humidor. The cigars that you find yourself smoking the most offen. The cigars that you know will never dissapoint and you just don't get sick of. For me, for the last year or so it has been the Padron serie 1926 #35 maduro and the Fuente Don Carlos Robusto. I'd love to here everyones thought and maybe pick up a few new sticks to try!!

Those are both top notch sticks.. I usually find myself stuck on an El Triunfador, Tat Black CG and Padron Exclusivo. I have not had a bad batch yet.

Those are both top notch sticks.. I usually find myself stuck on an El Triunfador, Tat Black CG and Padron Exclusivo. I have not had a bad batch yet.

I love the El Triunfador. It's one of my favorite lanceros. I wish could find enough Black CGs to make them a go to smoke!!

Ahh yes, the El Triunfador. I really love those.

I haven't been smoking long enough or often enough to really have a "go to" smoke. I'd say the smoke I have the most of and really like is the Punch London Club Maduro. Cheap and an excellent smoke.

Padron 2000 maduros, and Pepin blue label. They aren't the fanciest sticks, but they rarely, if ever, let me down.

Edit: Don't know how I forgot about the Epernays. I find myself reaching for those a a lot lately.

Been smoking a lot of AVO #9's, Liga's (t52 or #9) and My father Le Bijou's lately.

That's a tough one. For Economic smokes, probably Padron Delicias and Devil's Weed.
For Pricier smokes, the whole 601 line, Illusione, & Tatuaje.

edit to clarify

LFD DL Chiselitos. They never fail (to overpower) me. They're delicious!

If it's cold out and I want a cheap smoke, I go for Villiger Exports. Not a bad smoke for a dry cigar. Either that or a Padron Londres.

LFD DL Chiselitos. They never fail (to overpower) me. They're delicious!

If it's cold out and I want a cheap smoke, I go for Villiger Exports. Not a bad smoke for a dry cigar. Either that or a Padron Londres.

I've eyeballed those Villagers for years. Which ones do you smoke (I believe they come in differant wrappers?)
How would you rate the flavor intensity?

I like Padilla Miamis, Illusione Epernays, and Casa Magna Colorados right now. Good strong, full-flavored smokes with lots of character. Prices aren't terrible---great on the Casa Magnas---and frankly, the "bargain" sticks almost never really do it for me. I'd rather just spend more and have every cigar be great.

~Boar

I've eyeballed those Villagers for years. Which ones do you smoke (I believe they come in differant wrappers?)
How would you rate the flavor intensity?

I smoke the Naturals. I want to get a pack of the Maduros but nowhere near me has them and I don't want to order a box of 50 just to find out I don't like 'em. As far as flavor intensity, it's a pretty medium smoke. It's not knock-your-socks off complex, but it's no slouch either. Sometimes it even tastes like BBQ too, which sounds gross but is really actually really tasty. See if you can find a 5 pack box of each kind and try 'em.

Also, it's about $46ish for 50. For $.90ish a pop, they're a damn good deal. Can't get a cigar that good for the change in my couch.

Edit: Actually, y'know what. PM me your address. Why explain it when you can try it for yourself!

El Triunfador... where do you find them? Sounds like I need to give 'em a try, but I can't seem to find any online.

They aren't too hard to come by, there was a bunch released over the holidays to alot of the Tatuaje dealers. If you can't find them there keep your eyes on the Buy/Sell/Trade section, they will pop up eventually.

rdj735, I sent you a PM for El Triunfador sources. Let me know how you make out.

Tauaje Regios, Cabaiguan RX Maduro, Don Pepin Black Label.... noticing a trend? Ha!

DPG Serie JJ maduro
San Cristobal
RP Olde World Reserve, either wrapper
AF Hemingway maduro
Ashton VSG

Any one of these always makes me smile.

Chemyst :cool:

RyJ NO.1 and Juan Lopez NO.1 and offcours Boliver Belli :love:

Never had a bad one from those three.

HdM Epicure 2 and Partagas SDN4, both great smokes that always get the job done...

Padron 1926 #35 in either wrapper, Anejo 46, Opus PL.