• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats's Up Brothers Its Been A While

Smoking Mex

Fuma Lo Que Te Gusta
What's up everybody? I have been on a bit of a hiatus due to my work situation and some family matters. Thankfully most everything is settled now except for my living situation. Not that any one particularly cares but just to bring things up to speed here we go.

Earlier this year the account I was working at HON office furniture began a massive cutback in labor and production in their L.A. area production and distrubution facility. Since January I have been dealing with a reduction of workforce as a direct result of our customers economic situation. In the spring they announced that they were going to cease production completely and focus on distrubution only. They let go over 200 people in 1 day! That led to another staff cut back. Finally in June they announced that in October they were going to close the facility entirely, again another cutback for us. Man i'm tired just thinking about all that has happened so far this year! Any way after that annoucement it was apperant that finally this situation was going to affect me personally. I began traveling all over the southwest exploring other opportunites within my company. Finally earlier this month I found a new home I accepted a position in Rialto, CA with our Target account. I have been training and communiting over an hour each way!

Then my Grandfather who had been battling diabetes aggresively for that past 2 years passed away ealier this month as well. So that was another setback and emotionally difficult.

Monday is my first official day at Target and now I can focus on finding a home out that way, the best part is the cutbacks and stress of that are thanfully over and behind me now. It has been very hard letting people go especially with the way the economy is right now, I was honestly drained. As you can imagine there was not a lot of time for much of anything but my wife and kids, after work. I have had a occassional smoke here and there but I am out of the loop on the latest and greatest and the duds.

There is bright side though my smokes have aged a little during this time. Now I look forward to catching up with my friends, and new faces here on CP. As always Rod, thank you for this great place to escape the everday grind and mingle with those who share the passion of the leaf like I do.

Lastly I would like to send a quick shout out to my Brothers on CP and sorry if I missed anybody but you know who you are.

Rod, Greg, Greg SVT, Charley, Charlie, Tim, David, Jonas, Justin, Mike Mas Puros, "Philly Mike", Geoff, Darrick, Joe, Matt "Jesus", Kyle, and again countless others that I have had the pleasure of meeting here. See you all around fellas, and it feels good to be back.

Adrian

Adrian! Very sorry about your Grandfather, my condolences brother. I can imagine having to tell folks they are being let go is about one of the toughest things to do. Very glad to hear you've found a good spot and can hopefully settle down and rest a bit. Oh yeah, those REs ought to be smokin' real good huh? :D Glad to have you back!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear that things have been so rocky lately. :( Hopefully things settle down enough that you can join us other California guys for a herf sometime.

Adrian. I can imagine the amount of stress you went through just over the layoffs, and then your grandfather. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Hang in there.

Lets all get together for a herf. :thumbs:

Edit:

And finding a job only an hour away is not bad. You are still here and that is the good thing.

What up Adrian!

Here's to hoping your next year looks brighter, and hoping you're around more!

Condolences to your grandpa Adrian.

I was bummed to miss you at Monrovia while I was down there, but it sounds like I might be making it back down there again soon. Glad to hear things are starting to settle down for you bro.

Sorry about your loss and I hope all the rough times are in your past. Focus on a new start and smoke a good one!

Woops, double post, don't know how the hell that happened.

Adrian, good to hear everything is settling down for you finally. Now......when are we gonna hook up for some herf time?

In case you've been to busy to notice.........

The Dodgers are still on top, the Gnats still suck, Charlie's still a Putz and I'm still the coolest guy you know.
laugh.gif

I'm glad that things are turning around for you Adrian, sorry for your loss. Hang in there brother and I hope you get more of a chance now to be on CP....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

What's up everybody, thank you all for the kind words and support. This place hasn't changed a bit and is exactly what I needed after the way things were going recently. I heard the word "Herf" mentioned more than once in this thread, and boy am I ready. I am sorry that I missed Justin and Drew recently, I enjoy meeting CP'ers face to face and show them how we do it here in So Cal.

Justin, I owe you one and we will drink it up soon. :thumbs:

Welcome back my friend! Very sorry for your loss, at least your grandfather is in a better place now.

You've been missed at the herfs; looking forward to getting together again soon. Your stories at the herfs are always entertaining! :)

Great to see you back Adrian. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Glad to see things are getting better for you.

Good to see you posting again, brother. Hope the rest of the year is better for you.

We've missed you Adrian!

The Dodgers are slipping and yes, I am still a Putz.....

Glad things are turning around for you. I can attest it's tough out there lately.
Good thing this place exists for some solace.

Since you are new to that area...
There is a B&M in Rancho called Zigari (formerly Hilands)
it's on 4th and the 15 just South of 4th by the Starbucks
Super nice guy named Kim that runs the place. I try to get up there once a week to sneak a mid day smoke.
I've even spotted a
couple CP guys there on occasion. (names witheld to protect the guilty)

Glad things are turning around for you. I can attest it's tough out there lately.
Good thing this place exists for some solace.

Since you are new to that area...
There is a B&M in Rancho called Zigari (formerly Hilands)
it's on 4th and the 15 just South of 4th by the Starbucks
Super nice guy named Kim that runs the place. I try to get up there once a week to sneak a mid day smoke.
I've even spotted a
couple CP guys there on occasion. (names witheld to protect the guilty)

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I can only imagine who you might be running into out there ;). Don't be surprised if you see me in there sooner than later. :thumbs:

Good the see you around Adrian! I am sorry for the challenges life has brought you. Strength my friend.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but its good to see that your job situation is resolved and your living situation should be shortly. Congrats.