• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where I live

anvil

Distant Member
Hi mates.
Yes i finally got a camera.
So I thought I would show youall where I live now. Im still looking after my old uncle and he is hanging on for dear life.
Im staying here for good now as ive got family and history here. So its my home town.
Anyway. I will take photos and post em for the guys that will like to look at another part of the world.

This is the local Rugby football club.
One of Colin Meads old clubs.
DSC00452.jpg

Looking southward. With the Ongarue river in the foreground and the Whanganui River at the rear of pic
DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

Looking east over the town.
DSC00449.jpg

And the Ongarue river at the start of town. We had pretty bad storms these last two weeks so the river is very high.
DSC00448.jpg

I will post more as I get em. Hope youall like em. Its a very quiet town with a population of about 6000.
Not a lot going on here as the Timber mills all closed down. The railway has stopped using it as a junction point and the meat works shut.
Still a great place to live and visit.

Cheers
Dave

Looks beautiful, Dave. A hell of a lot better than here!

Definitely some nice country side Dave, thanks for sharing the pictures with us and keep em' coming...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks for posting the great pics, Dave. Also, I commend you highly for caring for your uncle. It's not an easy row to hoe.

:thumbs:

Why are you hiding in the woods?

:p

-----------------------------------------

Nice looking area! :thumbs:

That is a very beautiful place to live! Much better looking than the urban forest that I live in...

lived in Australia for a while and always wanted to go to New Zealand...maybe that's where I should go this christmas. It looks wonderful there! It is very good of you to take care of your uncle. Give him a greeting from all the CPers for us :)

Beautiful place to live and great character of you to help your family like you are. :thumbs:

I felt so peaceful looking at those pics Dave, thank you!