• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where should a CC virgin start?

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
First off I would like to say that I have indeed had less than 10 cubans in my life and the reason for asking this overasked question is because I am tempted in dabbling in them to see what I like. Majority of them I smoked were Cohiba Siglo VI, which were good. But while I smoked them I felt like I wanted more, it was lacking strength I think. I tend to smoke alot of different things but a stick I can always count on are the Padron Anniversaries. By using this information, what CCs can you recommend my trying?

That was my initial thought but I figured it wouldn't hurt for a little guidance at the beginning. Something to trampoline off of.

First off I would like to say that I have indeed had less than 10 cubans in my life and the reason for asking this overasked question is because I am tempted in dabbling in them to see what I like. Majority of them I smoked were Cohiba Siglo VI, which were good. But while I smoked them I felt like I wanted more, it was lacking strength I think. I tend to smoke alot of different things but a stick I can always count on are the Padron Anniversaries. By using this information, what CCs can you recommend my trying?

If it's strength/full body you're looking for - you can't go wrong with a Boli or Partagas... I recently got some Boli peit coronas and I can't keep my hands off them... RASS are also some of my favories too...

Just some suggestions, I am sure others can chime in as well.

-Frank

BOLIS!!!
biggrin.gif

x2

I could recommend strong Habanos as well as sticks that I enjoy, but a sampler would fit best so you can gauge for yourself. Another thing is, certain years taste better than others, much more so with CCs, so don't cast out a cigar if you dislike it at first.
In fact, that's part of the beauty of Habanos.

If it's strength/full body you're looking for - you can't go wrong with a Boli or Partagas... I recently got some Boli peit coronas and I can't keep my hands off them... RASS are also some of my favories too...

Just some suggestions, I am sure others can chime in as well.

-Frank

Bolivar PC is a great smoke. I've had some from '08 and '09, and they smoked great. Dip. #4 is another favorite of mine, but not quite as smooth as the Boli.

Aaron

Some love SigVI's, some hate 'em. I think they're way too mild for a Cohiba, and to me they just taste "diluted". The non-Siglo ones are my favs (Lancero, Robusto, Esplendido, etc.).

I have to agree with these guys that you can't go wrong with Bolivar and Partagas in just about any size. If you really crave strength, a real oddball is the Romeo y Julieta Cazadores. Whereas most RyJ's are medium-bodied, the Cazadores are true powerhouse lonsdales! :thumbs:

CC's seem very inconsistant to me, I haven't had one that was amazing. The RASS and RASC were pretty good but I have only had a couple of each. The Bolivar pc's that I had were pffffttt, one was pretty good, and one was below par. For the price and quality you can't beat it and I keep several in my humidor but I wouldn't go through any trouble trying to get some anymore. With that said I have never had a Cohiba but I have one in my humidor that I haven't fired up yet.

As stated, try samplers. In addition to different brands, also try different sizes. When I smoked NCs, I mostly smoked larger ring gauges (48+), so of course when I rreally started smoking CCs I also went with larger ring gauges. I later found that many times I prefer smaller ring gauge CCs (~43).

RASCC
VR Famosos
Siglo IV
CoRo
Diplo 4
ERDM Choix Supreme (mild)
SCdH Principe

Hard to go wrong with any of these!
According to my tastes anyways!
:thumbs:

The only CC I think is sort of close to a PAM is the Cohiba Maduro 5 and it's not for me...

-Rob

I am amazed no one has mentioned a PSD (any of em' imho) they ar egreat outta the box and after a usually short 4-6 mos "sick period" they just get better and better

Pick a size you like or prefer and then buy some singles of different brands to get a feel for their profiles.

Buy a box of BBF and a box of CoRo. Wait a month and buy a box of RASS and a box of RyJ short Churchills...