• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where to start.....?

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Well, it's been a while. I've been off the boards, mostly because I've just been too damn busy to even pay attention to what I ate for breakfast. Life has been hectic (in a good way), and I just let a lot of things slide as I tried to juggle. Jon's passing has brought everything crashing down, however, and also brought me back to where I first met the hilarious giant bastard at; CP.

Lots of new faces here, and definitely one fewer of the familiar ones. Shit.

Let's see here...what has happened in the past couple years?

Well, I married a long time highschool friend, who only became something more after reconnecting after a long time of not seeing each other. Amazing woman, amazing wife, and couldn't be happier. Hell, she loves that I smoke cigars, take bad guys to jail, and doesn't ever nag me as long as I make sure to tell her I love her every day. Seems a damned good price to me. That was October of 2012.

Started patrol training after six plus years of working for my department doing prisoner transport. I spent four and a half months working a pretty fast and fun station. I then transferred to my final destination to finish up training. I am now done, and a proudly "pinned" and eager new guy working a line car. It's busy, thankless work at times, but I work with some great cops and I love my job.

The same week I was told I was done with training, I found out my wife and I are going to be parents with our first child. Definitely the best moment of my life so far. It was planned, but that didn't take away from the surprise and elation. Looks like it's going to be an October baby, which is funny considering our anniversary is at the end of October. What a great month.

That's it in a nutshell. I've missed herfing, and I've been telling myself the moment I was done with patrol training (and the 16+ hour days that come with it, five days a week), I'd reconnect.

Hopefully I can come to the next herf and see some of you guys again.

Welcome back brother. Sounds like you've been busy with some great things in life and more importantly congrats on the new addition thats on the way.

Welcome back brother and congrats on all your success! I wish your wife and future baby a safe and healthy delivery.

Paul

Welcome back Sir! You have been busy with some great thing, but the best is yet to come, your first child! Congrats!!

Welcome back Charles! I've been keeping up with you on Facebook, but prefer to see you over here talking cigars and life.

Oh! You forgot to mention "K" also seems to love beer. :)

Welcome back and congratulations on everything you have going on.

Welcome back Charles...!!  Facebook is OK, but this is better.  Great to hear about the positive turns you life has taken....well done on all counts...!!

Welcome back. Sounds like you are batting 1000. Congratulations on your marriage, and your upcoming child. Nothing in life is more profound than a child. I wish you all the best.

Congrats on all your successes Charles!! And how awesome that you have a little one on the way! I'm in the same boat...

Now it's time to get to some herfin! All us SoCal Guys need to get to it. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Well, that was one hell of a start Charles... :thumbs:

Nice to read how well you've been doing. Congrats on the new marriage, the new phase of the job, the arrival of a new family member, and for coming back here to visit once in a while.

It's all good...try to stay in touch. 

Congrats, Charles, and good to hear from you again!  I'm sure we'll be setting up some herfs in the future.  We've already had two within the past 6 months which for us L.A. lads is a recent record.

Welcome back bro, and thanks for the SITREP.  Glad to hear things are doing well.

I can't really say welcome back as I've been away a long time as well. Regardless, wonderful post with a lot of sentiments that I share. Hope to see more of you on the boards!

Welcomee back. Thanks for the update. That child will most definitely be a blessing and life changing moment.

Thanks everyone, life is good all things considered! I'm looking forward to seeing as many of my fellow brethren at the next herf. It'll be good to catch up with everyone and see what's what.

Yeah, I forgot to add, the wife loves craft beer....bless her heart!

Good to see you back Charles!  Congrats on all the accomplishments over the last few years.  Here is to many more to come!

Welcome back. As CMontoya79 says, " That child will most definitely be a blessing and life changing moment."

The "life changing moment", when they grow up start smoking your Opus......