• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who needs a Bomb?

atuck

ANEJORE
Since I want to prove my worthiness on this site so I have to ask. Who needs to be bombed? I have a nice package ready for the most reccomended brother!

You don't need to prove your worthiness Alan. Just join in, try not to be an asshat (as we all do), have fun, accept the constructive help/criticism, and don't engage the not so constructive criticism. Those who seem to have a problem with you might even be won over in time, if you seem genuine. Some might not, but you can't please everyone.

Bombing won't accomplish what the above will...... That being said, bombing someone has to be a personal choice as to why someone is deserving. Might do you some good to catch up with some reading. A lot has changed since you've been gone, and a lot is the same. ;)

You might find that target when doing so.

jfields said:
You don't need to prove your worthiness Alan. Just join in, try not to be an asshat (as we all do), have fun, accept the constructive help/criticism, and don't engage the not so constructive criticism. Those who seem to have a problem with you might even be won over in time, if you seem genuine. Some might not, but you can't please everyone.

Bombing won't accomplish what the above will...... That being said, bombing someone has to be a personal choice as to why someone is deserving. Might do you some good to catch up with some reading. A lot has changed since you've been gone, and a lot is the same. ;)

I agree with John here Alan. You don't need to prove your worthiness. Just look around at what's going on on the board, or see someone you feel has done a good deed and decide from there. Or you could just go with the old random selection which is what I always liked to do!

Worthiness is proven over time. No act can make up for that, and you can't buy it. Asshats always show their true colors when given the time. Bomb whoever you damn well please, but it won't get you want you want. It may get you just the opposite. Only time and the track record that goes with it can do that. Your impatience with how things go around here are not a good sign.

Doc

First rule about bombing is don't ask who should get hit, defeats the purpose of the whole act.

Secondly it should come from the heart as it's not a token to gain respect, but a genuine gesture shown to someone you found worthy.

emoshun said:
First rule about bombing is don't ask who should get hit, defeats the purpose of the whole act.

Secondly it should come from the heart as it's not a token to gain respect, but a genuine gesture shown to someone you found worthy.
Also this kind of thing turns the target into a mooch.

I tell you what, atuck, find a noobie who's been on the scene for a little while who's made some good contributions and who has exemplified what we'd like to see from Cigar passers.  Hit THEM with your goodies.  

Hey guys, can't we cut this guy a little slack. What's past is past. We all make mistakes, let's get over and beyond than. Remember, we have Inifinity and Souldog watching us

Huh, looks like atuck received some solid advice here - core forum etiquette stuff to me.

As has been said, bomb who ya feel deserves/needs it. It doesn't buy ya brownie points man. Just have fun with the reaction when the receiver gets the package.

I was just trying to have some fun. But oh we'll. I can't seem to make any right decisions according to this board. I am trying here! I have lost my palate for the complexities of a cigar. I still love them. But I don't think I am going to write any great reviews. I have tried to join in on this board. I am getting frustrated tho.

How would you all suggest I get the addresses of these new people? Or anybody for that matter. From what I gather, nobody wants to give me there address. The first member that I will bomb is Blindedbyscience.

Jonesy said:

I agree with John here Alan. You don't need to prove your worthiness. Just look around at what's going on on the board, or see someone you feel has done a good deed and decide from there. Or you could just go with the old random selection which is what I always liked to do!

Bro, I've got nothing to win or lose here, I've seen your posts since you've returned, your not accomplishing anything in the right direction.
I can tell you that in the short time I've been onboard, this is one of the best groups out there IMHO, there is a lot of great information.
Take some of the great advise being given to you (including Doc's & the above) & it will all occur naturally.
Best of luck!

atuck said:
I was just trying to have some fun. But oh we'll. I can't seem to make any right decisions according to this board. I am trying here! I have lost my palate for the complexities of a cigar. I still love them. But I don't think I am going to write any great reviews. I have tried to join in on this board. I am getting frustrated tho.

I think your frustration is stemming from your stubbornness.  John and Brian gave you some great advice and it doesn't seem like you wanted to listen.  Advice was given, you responded "Ok." which would've been perfect, but then you kept going.  Just relax, my brother!

Bombs typically aren't announced by way of "hey everyone look at me I'm going to bomb this person!"  They're sent out when one of us just wants to pass on some good vibes to another member, not as a way of getting people to see how awesome you are.

Bomb if you feel like it, don't announce you're going to do it.  There are ways to find addresses.  Ask other members, search, read, etc.  You can't go and get frustrated every time someone tries to point you in the right direction.  We've been more than patient with helping you out since your return.  Best advice at this point is to contribute by reading and hanging back a bit.  Its not a race.  Put in the time.  Good things come to those who wait. :thumbs:

Good advice from all our members here. I to learned to just calm down and have a good time here. Its not a sprint its a marathon. But about those free smokes.... lol just kidding. Send whatever you want to whoever you want. If you cant find a address move on to your next subject. Members that may or may not want to be bothered or included in some activities may or may not include there address in they're profile. If you have questions like addresses or who is a good candidate to be bombed or any question for that matter....maybe trying pming a active member first and maybe they can answer your question or give you advice in private so it doesnt blow up on you.