• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who wants to raise tobacco?

MrMaduro

It's that time of year. I'm making a list of who wants cigar tobacco seeds. If you want to raise your own tobacco let me know.

I would love to try to grow my own (though someone will probably try to tax the crap out of that too).

I tried to raise tobacco once, after touring the General Cigar facilities i grabed some seeds and brought them home to Illinois, just let me say it wasn't a success. :whistling: :laugh:

Darn apartment life!!!!! I would be all over this if I didn't live in an apartment.
B

Do you have a patio or balcony? You can grow one in a pot. just for decoration. Besides they smell good, have good looking blooms, and no one else on your block will have 1!!!!!

I tried to raise tobacco once, after touring the General Cigar facilities i grabed some seeds and brought them home to Illinois, just let me say it wasn't a success. :whistling: :laugh:

You just didn't have the right tutor. LOL!!! If you want to try this again I'm sure we can get you some better results.

Any one who would like to try this just post here, if your addy is in your profile we're good. If notplease pm me with your address.

If you have one of the faster-growing varieties available, then I'm game. I'm limited to producing 15kg of final product, so that's what? A few plants? Making a little greenhouse to grow the seedlings should be relatively simple, but making a kiln for fermenting will be interesting!

Thanks!

I'd like to try as well. How big a pot do I need? :)

Nice of you to make these available. :thumbs:

Growing the tobacco is pretty easy and they are beautiful plants. Grandpa grew tobacco for many years back home in Indiana.

The processing is a different story and I wish those who wish to go that route good luck. :)