• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wii Seekers...

tigger

gutter-grade asstrash
Bestbuy.com has 'em right now - basic set for $249 + shipping and tax. Don't know how long for.

IMO money can be spent on better things and I'm a strong gamer.

I dunno, if you got children it's worth it I suppose. I got one at launch and sold it for 150% profit a year later.

Just nothing really that is marketed towards the gamers anymore after the launch and nothing playable for me since Smash Bros.

I dunno, if you got children it's worth it I suppose. I got one at launch and sold it for 150% profit a year later.

Just nothing really that is marketed towards the gamers anymore after the launch and nothing playable for me since Smash Bros.

Fair enough. I know folks here have looked for them in the past, and that demand still seems to be outstripping supply, so I mentioned it...

Fair enough. I know folks here have looked for them in the past, and that demand still seems to be outstripping supply, so I mentioned it...

Trick is is that it may look like they sell out a lot, they just arent making as many as a lot of people think they are.

They are in the lead for most consoles sold but software sales are embarrassing for it.

3rd party games on it are just duding left and right, kinda sad actually.

I just dont get how people can be contempt with just Wii Sports and Wii Play

I love mine i got it a launch I just walked into Nintendo world in rock center and picked it up. No lines no wait msp It was easy. mario cart is a kick ass game

Are these still that hard to find? ? ?

I found out a shipment was coming into our local Toys R Us last year about two weeks before Christmas and that it would be limited to 50 units. It was impossible to find this thing and my son wanted nothing else for Christmas. I was told that if I wanted any shot of getting one I would need to be at Toys R Us no later than 6:00 AM, two hours before they opened. I figured to be on the safe side I'd show up earlier and be one of the first in line. I showed up to at 5:00 in the morning and couldn't believe my eyes. There were already over fifty nuts in line with lawn chairs, sleeping bags and thermos's of coffee! As far as temps it was in the teens! After some brief conversing, I found out that the nuts at the front of the line had been there since the store closed at 11:00 the night before.

After about an hour the line had grown by about another 30 or 40 people. At 6:00 a store worker came out and began handing out tickets. She said that if you get a ticket, you have to come back when the store opens up and you're gauranteed to get a system. There were at least fifty people in front of me and I just knew there's no way I was getting one. She's coming down the line getting closer and I can see the pile thinning in her hands right before my eyes. She's a few people away and it looks like she's got practically nothing left. She steps up to me and hands me #47 out of 50 tickets. I was so happy that I felt like a kid again. It was all worth it. I'm not a gamer per se, but it really is a lot of fun for the whole family.

I enjoy the Wii more than other systems because I actually have to get up off my ass, and exert a little physical effort to play. When the new Star Wars game hits for it next month, I will definitely be in the market for the console and game.

I've always wanted to be able to weild a lightsaber. Yep....I'm a douche. :(

Thanks!!
Been looking like crazy for this!
I know someone is going to be happy this weekend!!

Tiger Woods golf is fun and is every bit as frustrating at times as the real thing. I play it during the winter to lessen the golf withdrawl symptoms. Have to fight my son for it, though.

Check your local Target. Ours has had them every time I've been in there over the last month. I just assumed they were getting easier to find since they routinely have them. Maybe I should pick one up next time I'm in there.

My local Costco had a bunch of Wii bundles last time I was in there...
I have almost bought the Wii just for Bowling and Tiger.

-Rob

My local Costco had a bunch of Wii bundles last time I was in there...
I have almost bought the Wii just for Bowling and Tiger.

-Rob
It almost worth it just for the bowling and the boxing now only if they made a fight night

If I had the money I would get one right now. It is the only game system my wife likes (i.e., the only one I could play while she is awake)

I'm planning on getting a Wii as a present for the whole family for our collective birthdays in November (My wife 2 kids and I all from 17 Oct to 19 Dec). I've seen them in the Bay of E for ~$175 and my local Wally World has them on Wednesday and Thursday fairly consistently.

I love our Wii, we play mostly Bowling, Darts, or Super Smash Bros. I want to get the Wii fit game! I usually buy games for the Xbox360 because they are cheaper than the same game for Wii, at least Guitar Hero Aerosmith was $10 more for Wii. :blush:

Apparently they are upping production on these. I still have people ask me daily at Blockbuster when we get them in. Wal-marts in the area keep them stocked, but if your still searching check a Blockbuster. Odds are they won't have them in stock, but ask for the weekly shipping dates and call a few hours before they come in.