• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wild Game

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
Can't recall if I ever posted this here or not but a few months ago I smoked a little piglet that we trapped. Damn these little sucklings make for some excellent table fare.

Take one wild piglet and season well with some Tony Chachere's........
Prep_Pig.jpg

Get a little smoke working........
pig_smoke2.jpg

Pull her off the smoke at about 165 and enjoy.
Pig_smoked.jpg

That looks tasty.

You trapped a piglet? Do these things run rampant in your neck of the woods? Smoked pork is the best!

Thats one nice looking smoker bro.
(The pork looks nice too lol) :D

when we shoot a boar here we will roast it on a stick over a fire. with a curry and oil baste good stuff.

Nice looking smoker there Kenny. What brand is that? Is it a Bradley?

I have a cookshack that I'm happy with, but I've never seen one with digital controls.

Pigs were trapped on my duck lease about an hour south of Houston. Had 7 pigs in the trap this time. I kept a med size one (abut 40-50 lbs) and two piglets. They definently run rampant and are extremely destructive little sh*ts. Impossible to get rid of and will over run the property if you don't stay after them.

I think the smoker is made by Masterbuilt. Mine has a trade name of Cajun Injector on it which I'm sure they just contracted with Masterbuilt to make for them. A year ago you would have never convinved me that I would use an electric smoker. After tasting some meats out of one I couldn't tell the difference and then after using one.... well, lets just say I now get some sleep when cooking brisket all night long. :cool: