• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Win an Indian Chieftain

Voted. Last year when Indian came through, I took a "Cheif Dark Horse" for a ride. Very impressive bike on many levels. Low speed handling was the best I've experienced to date....really comfortable. When I win that one, my Vulcan will be jealous....;-)

The only issue I have is that Polaris got rid of the tear drop headlight. That one feature let you know what was coming at you from a long way off. Now you can't tell it's an Indian until it passes you like everything else.

Ye gods and ancestors those are fugly. :confused:

To each their own, I guess, or as has been said, it is pointless to disagree on matters of taste.

Or the complete lack thereof. :eek:

Wow.

For the record, THIS is an Indian motorcycle:

59073e550f63ec90bcea00d940027eca.jpg

~Boar

Ye gods and ancestors those are fugly. :confused:

To each their own, I guess, or as has been said, it is pointless to disagree on matters of taste.

Or the complete lack thereof. :eek:

Wow.

For the record, THIS is an Indian motorcycle:

59073e550f63ec90bcea00d940027eca.jpg

~Boar
Now that is classic elegance. You're right though, old bikes just have a look that can't be matched.

Incidentally, the Harley Softails are based on old school Ventura choppers, from back in my day. Bikers would get an old wide glide and swap everything into a rigid frame---big fatbob tank, keep the tins on the forks, turn the front fender around and put it on the back, slap a solo seat on it. You get used to a certain style bike and that's what always says chopper to you. When I started looking at Harleys again they were making Evos and Arlen Ness's swoopy "Hamster" bikes were all the rage, then WCC and OCC started doing fat rear tires and long front ends and way too much festoonery. :rolleyes:

Sheeza was a '68 XLCH, last year of the magneto bikes. Put an SU carb and Flanders apes and period-patent forwards on her and she was still a tad too small for a guy my size. I ever do it again I'm doing THIS bike:

7887a183292cc05c3f4fbc5db693c1d1.jpg

But probably in a Softail frame. These old bones ain't gettin' any younger! :rolleyes:

~Boar

Didn't someone say something like '....ugly is in the eye of the beholder....'....??...:p

Dunno, if a guy is looking for a cruiser these days, and you aren't willing or ready to drink the HD Cool-Aid, your choices are rather limited. I was sweet on the Victory Vegas 8-Ball but that option went away. I heard last calendar year, Victory only sold something 10K bikes world wide. Can't sustain a manufacturing business with that. Too bad.

In the meantime, I guess I'm 'stuck' with my Vulcan 900. Gets me around the back roads here just fine:

Vulcan_900.jpg