• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine Cooler made from metal

jepe

If the Wine Cooler is made of metal is it going to harm my cigars?

I'm looking for a wine Cooler to help me fight the warm
weather we're having in here ...its almost 90F :0 everyday.
The RH is steady on 70% on average.

A friend of mine told me that if the Wine Cooler is made of metal the cigars eventually will taste like acid and will suffer from bad smell.
I doubt that its true,but I'm just checking before I buy one.

BTW,is a Wine Cooler really keep a good TEMP for the cigars or its to low?

Any thoughts ?

If you can set the cooler to 65-70 degrees, have some kind of humidification device (beads, active, whatever) and either cedar line the cooler of keep everything in boxes you won't have a problem. I don't know any 100 bottle or less wine coolers that aren't made of metal.

Great,thanks.

Does 65F is ok?
I read that they should be kept in 70F and all the wine coolers I saw were 65F maximum,isn't it to low?

65/65 is what I strive for and have had no problems (of course, I don't achieve that target regularly with just wood humis). Your question is going to quickly get into the "personal preference" realm. I'd say pay attention to your temp and humidity, but then relax and don't worry as hard about a few degrees on the plus side. Many wise ones around here for answers.

/wishes he had enough smokes and space for a freakin' wine cooler to store them in. *shakes tiny fist*

Trey