• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

would any one like to grow cigar tobacco?

mel

if anyone is interested i can send you some seed and info on growing them :) curing and rolling too ;)

I saw your web site and must admit that I was intrigued. I’m not in a position to harvest tabac now but if I can get a little bit of land… I live in Connecticut so the climate is right.Best of luck to you!

you dont need land i plant mine behind my work or in pots a freind of mine plants them in vacant lots they look like weeds and no one bothers them :)(Edited by mel at 11:09 pm on Jan. 21, 2001)

I grew up in Eastern North Carolina and I've primed all the tobacco I intend to prime. Now I'm gonna smoke my share.

Mel i'd like to give it a shot if ya still have a couple of seeds lying aroud.
Email sent
Thanks

chohiba got your generous gift seeds are on the way you da man

Mel, I live in Ct and would love to grow some tobacco!! I actually work in windsor and am surrounded by the tobacco fields where I am. I think they would cut my arms off if i picked thier leaves though. The ct shade they are growing, seems to be fetching a good price in the market these days. Maybe I can by a few leaves from them though!! Can I grow a cigar to taste like the diplomaticos No2 or the choix supremes?

well taste depends on blending and fermenting the #608 cuban that i use makes wonderful cigars grown here in Ga but it will tast a little different there due to growing conditions. but i think you'll like it. let me know if you can talk your neibores into sellings some shade grown ill chip in for a few pouns.they'll probly laugh at first thinking that you cant cure or ferment it but i got all the equipment we need :) and i would give a lot for a few 1000 seeds i have yet to find a supplier for that plant. if you want some seeds send me a message and ill give you an address(Edited by mel at 1:29 am on Mar. 4, 2001)

Hey Mel, Ill try and get ahold of someone next week. Thier names are all over thier red barns so getting ahold of someone should be easy. How long do they have to cure for? Would there be any available from thier harvest last fall? I know after they pick it they hang it in the big red barns they have and open up every other slat in the walls of the barn. What happens to it after that , I dont know. Ill send you a message. I'd love to know more about it.

curing takes 4 weeks min so dose fermenting or twice as long for maduros last years would be great if they will part with some :) as for what happens im working on a series of artical on that :)

Jeff,I live in CT as well & have seen those same barns.  I used to work in Bloomfield right next to the Culbro farms.  The General Cigar offices were walking distance from where I worked.The Luddy/Taylor Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum in Windsor gives tours.  I'm thinking of stopping by some day after work - maybe in the Spring.  You can find more info at: http://www.tobaccohistsoc.orgYou can also check out: http://www.cigarweekly.com/1998/Issue12/cthistory.htm

lol i have a few 1000 #608 havanna seeds :) good all around tobacco for a puros cigar