• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Would these be any good to a cigar club?

gawithhoggarth

I have boxes and boxes of these that we appear to have acquired a few years ago as a promotional item, presumably to show humidity for tobacco/cigars.

Brand new, boxed weather multi-function LCD clocks

Features:

Measuring temperature range 0-50 degrees
Measuring humidity range : 20-95%
Display: max/min temperature and humidity records
Calendar

Power: 2 x AAA batteries (included)

I don't want to get into sending out individual items to people as the postage makes it prohibitive, plus I don't have time for numerous trips to the post office. But if a pipe or cigar club wanted say 10 or 20 of them and was happy to pay postage could do this. Please note postage probably going to be in region of £5 for UK to £25 for abroad. Might need to take batteries out as not meant to send by post!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 29
Did I miss you signing up to sponsor the forums?

Did I miss you signing up to sponsor the forums?
Did I miss something where you need to make a rude reply? Why would I need to sponsor a forum to give a way something for free? Have made the same offer on various other tobacco related forums and folks have been grateful and mentioned it being a generous offer. Seems this forum is less than welcoming and friendly.

Did I miss something where you need to make a rude reply? Why would I need to sponsor a forum to give a way something for free? Have made the same offer on various other tobacco related forums and folks have been grateful and mentioned it being a generous offer. Seems this forum is less than welcoming and friendly.
You are a manufacturer, you posted an intro and then asked/begged for reviews while trying to drive people to your product. Then you post for people who don't know you to trust you to send things after they've given you money. I am being realistic not rude. I'd glad Rod is able to give you a free platform to try to peddle and steal from people.

You are a manufacturer, you posted an intro and then asked/begged for reviews while trying to drive people to your product. Then you post for people who don't know you to trust you to send things after they've given you money. I am being realistic not rude. I'd glad Rod is able to give you a free platform to try to peddle and steal from people.
Pleasant individual aren't you!

Well, I tried. I find it hard to believe GH would behave in this manner. They must have sold off the company, because I’ve known GH for over 20 years and your representation of the company is not the GH I once knew.

Nope, same family ownership! Same as it has been for 200 odd years.
And I will state again same as I told you in PM - I joined the forum as there is a pipe smoking section and same as I do on numerous other forums and social media platforms, engage with those that have questions about our products or queries. I have kept an eye on the pipe smoking forum section here but no such questions have really come up. I posted a welcome. I posted a request for reviews as I did on many other forums and received hundreds. I now offer items for free with just postage paid as I have done on other forums as I thought these could be useful to the members here and any cigar clubs, instead of throwing them away and was met with rude responses accusing me of trying to con and steal from your members. I fail to see how I am the one being rude?????? Surely anyone that was interested could have just contacted me by PM to discuss further and the accusations of me trying to peddle and steal were completely uncalled for.

Nope, same family ownership! Same as it has been for 200 odd years.
And I will state again same as I told you in PM - I joined the forum as there is a pipe smoking section and same as I do on numerous other forums and social media platforms, engage with those that have questions about our products or queries. I have kept an eye on the pipe smoking forum section here but no such questions have really come up. I posted a welcome. I posted a request for reviews as I did on many other forums and received hundreds. I now offer items for free with just postage paid as I have done on other forums as I thought these could be useful to the members here and any cigar clubs, instead of throwing them away and was met with rude responses accusing me of trying to con and steal from your members. I fail to see how I am the one being rude?????? Surely anyone that was interested could have just contacted me by PM to discuss further and the accusations of me trying to peddle and steal were completely uncalled for.

You gotta see it from both sides. We’re a very tight knit community, who watch out for each other and this board. We see scammers and people who come/join, just to take advantage. It’s great that you want to give these away for postage, but realize that we’re always skeptical, until proven otherwise.

All we ask, is that vendors/manufacturers get with Rod and be listed as such.

Rachel, we have spoken before and you seem very pleasant. The problem is you have more argumentative conversations here than positive interactions. Is does not look good on your business. Many of us love the tobacco G&H produce, but just because you’re a big name manufacture, doesn’t mean you can skip reading the rules of the forum. Not trying to be rude, but if you had read all the rules, you’d know that this post would be seen as taboo with only 16 posts to your name. If you continue to be upset with how this forum operates, I’m not sure why you keep coming back. We’d all love to have you around as you are a widely respected brand and a pleasant person, but if you swim against the current, you’ll do nothing but tire yourself out. Just my two cents.

I don't feel I have been argumentative anywhere. I do feel there have been several rude and fairly nasty replies to my posts to which I have responded. I posted a welcome. I posted asking for reviews and of course got some rude responses that were uncalled for (seems same people with chip on their shoulder). There was one person (maybe yourself?) asked about where they could get a product from and I answered him by PM (although others continued to say I had not responded and be rude). I offered items for free that I felt might be of use.

What rules have I broken? I am not buying/selling/trading - I am giving away. I am not a cigar manufacturer looking to post in that part of the forum. I am giving away items. I have looked through the forum topics and have not seen anything that says I cannot post offering items for free with less than a certain number of posts.

I would point out the following which appear to have been broken in certain member's responses to mine:

Rule 2

Treat others with respect. If someone failed to use search prior to asking a common question, posts a thread in the wrong forum, etc… please kindly point them in the right direction. Ego’s have no place at Cigar Pass.

Rule 3

Absolutely no flaming or name calling

And I don't 'keep coming back'. I keep an eye on the pipe smoking topics but there has been little to respond to and I posted this as thought it would be nice for members. It certainly does not seem that some 'love to have me around' so maybe I will just stick to all the other forums where members are pleasant and appreciate posts such as this and my contributions. I agree, it is pointless and a waste of my time to try and offer something to just be called names and accused of trying to steal off members. Considering this forum says it is the "internet's friendliest cigar forum" it is anything but.

This debate could simply be put to bed with the answer to one question. Has your attendance here been for the betterment of the pipe smoking community, or the benefit of your company?

If you’re here to enrich the pipe community, post pictures of tobacco you’re enjoying. Have conversations with people about something other than your company.

If you’re here only to promote your company and your products (which is fine if approached properly), there are requirements that I’m sure could be found via PM to Rod, or in the Manufacture thread.

Outside of that advice, I’ll bow out of this thread as I’m a noob here, relatively speaking. There are many other people far more educated than me who can continue with you.

I don't feel I have been argumentative anywhere. I do feel there have been several rude and fairly nasty replies to my posts to which I have responded. I posted a welcome. I posted asking for reviews and of course got some rude responses that were uncalled for (seems same people with chip on their shoulder). There was one person (maybe yourself?) asked about where they could get a product from and I answered him by PM (although others continued to say I had not responded and be rude). I offered items for free that I felt might be of use.

What rules have I broken? I am not buying/selling/trading - I am giving away. I am not a cigar manufacturer looking to post in that part of the forum. I am giving away items. I have looked through the forum topics and have not seen anything that says I cannot post offering items for free with less than a certain number of posts.

I would point out the following which appear to have been broken in certain member's responses to mine:

Rule 2

Treat others with respect. If someone failed to use search prior to asking a common question, posts a thread in the wrong forum, etc… please kindly point them in the right direction. Ego’s have no place at Cigar Pass.

Rule 3

Absolutely no flaming or name calling

And I don't 'keep coming back'. I keep an eye on the pipe smoking topics but there has been little to respond to and I posted this as thought it would be nice for members. It certainly does not seem that some 'love to have me around' so maybe I will just stick to all the other forums where members are pleasant and appreciate posts such as this and my contributions. I agree, it is pointless and a waste of my time to try and offer something to just be called names and accused of trying to steal off members. Considering this forum says it is the "internet's friendliest cigar forum" it is anything but.
This debate could simply be put to bed with the answer to one question. Has your attendance here been for the betterment of the pipe smoking community, or the benefit of your company?

If you’re here to enrich the pipe community, post pictures of tobacco you’re enjoying. Have conversations with people about something other than your company.

If you’re here only to promote your company and your products (which is fine if approached properly), there are requirements that I’m sure could be found via PM to Rod, or in the Manufacture thread.

Outside of that advice, I’ll bow out of this thread as I’m a noob here, relatively speaking. There are many other people far more educated than me who can continue with you.
Well stated - no need to bow out!

Only thing I might add is when a new member starts quoting the rules, it’s a sure sign they have put little effort into getting to know our community.

Or maybe it shows they have read the rules and see how they are not being enforced against more established members?

I can only state for the numerous time that I joined here to take part in the pipe smoking topics to answer any questions people had about my company's products or more general questions etc. Having kept an eye on that forum section there has been little to answer. I don't smoke cigars or know much about cigars so cannot take part in the main part of the forum. I feel offering items for free that may be of use to the cigar community is more a benefit to that community than to my company. It would be far easier for me to just put them in the bin than take time to offer here, package up and send stuff out. As a tobacco company I have to be very careful about what I can post about as legally not allowed to promote products or advertise. So posting pictures of tobacco and products, except to explain general manufacturing or history etc is a no no. I am not here to promote products as it is not allowed and also we don't need to. We cannot keep up with demand as it is. If I posted pictures of tobacco then I would no doubt be accused of just plugging our products........I genuinely came here and posted as I thought it was a nice thing to do to offer these items to the community, Indeed it has gone down well in other forums and have posted packages out to various pipe clubs. But here I was called a thief and scammer basically for absolutely no reason except that that person seems to have a rather large chip on their shoulder (having made similar nasty remarks on my other posts) and yet no one has taken issue with what he and then others have said, only at what I have commented.

Or maybe it shows they have read the rules and see how they are not being enforced against more established members?

I can only state for the numerous time that I joined here to take part in the pipe smoking topics to answer any questions people had about my company's products or more general questions etc. Having kept an eye on that forum section there has been little to answer. I don't smoke cigars or know much about cigars so cannot take part in the main part of the forum. I feel offering items for free that may be of use to the cigar community is more a benefit to that community than to my company. It would be far easier for me to just put them in the bin than take time to offer here, package up and send stuff out. As a tobacco company I have to be very careful about what I can post about as legally not allowed to promote products or advertise. So posting pictures of tobacco and products, except to explain general manufacturing or history etc is a no no. I am not here to promote products as it is not allowed and also we don't need to. We cannot keep up with demand as it is. If I posted pictures of tobacco then I would no doubt be accused of just plugging our products........I genuinely came here and posted as I thought it was a nice thing to do to offer these items to the community, Indeed it has gone down well in other forums and have posted packages out to various pipe clubs. But here I was called a thief and scammer basically for absolutely no reason except that that person seems to have a rather large chip on their shoulder (having made similar nasty remarks on my other posts) and yet no one has taken issue with what he and then others have said, only at what I have commented.
There are plenty of assholes in the world, this forum is no different... @CBoukal and @drunkfish3 are two of the biggest I have ever came across. I often wonder why Rod has not banned them both... Don't let them ruin your day, like they have done to so many... Thanks for the original offer. Although I am not in need of item, I'm sure if someone is interested they will PM you. Have a great day and continued success... :cool: