• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wrapper Cracking?

dav1041

Andy Sipowicz
On the last couple of cigars I have had, out of my humi, the wrapper has cracked while smoking, right in the middle of the cigar :angry: . On one it didn't seem to effect the cigar much, but on the other, the draw was hard and it didn't seem like I was getting much smoke(until I got past the crack and then it was good :) ).

So is the humidity level in my humi too low or do they just crack sometimes? The needle on my analog seems like it sticks sometimes but for the most part the humidity jumps around between 62%-72%. I am in the process of ordering a digital, but I won't get it for a week or so.

So, I guess my main question is, Does anyone think my analog is way off and my humi is too low? I don't want to completely dry out what few cigars I actually have.

Thanks,
Dave

I guess I should salt test my analog?!?!?! Anyway, any knowledge or advice would still be appreciated! :D

Actually I think your humidity is really high which would cause the cracking and the tight draw. Do the salt test on the Hygrometer immediately if not already being performed.

In progress as I type!!! :(

I initially thought that as well, took out my humidifier to help bring it down.
I just need to get beads and digital!

If it is too high, should I get cedar blocks to help bring it down?

I suggest going to Radio Shack and picking up a digital therm and hygro. They are reasonably priced. Just check them by salt test too...bought one that is +1 degree and bought a second that was completely off. Exchanged it and the new one is +4. Close enough I suppose.

Going on 12 hours now and it looks like it might only be +4 or +5, if that's the case the humi was probably only about 70%-78%, which is better than what I was thinking. :) Left the humi open for a few hours tonight as well, and purchased a few more cigars to add, as soon as they arrive. I thought that might help as well!! :D

Defiantly going to buy beads and a digital.

dav1041 said:
Going on 12 hours now and it looks like it might only be +4 or +5, if that's the case the humi was probably only about 70%-78%, which is better than what I was thinking. :) Left the humi open for a few hours tonight as well, and purchased a few more cigars to add, as soon as they arrive. I thought that might help as well!! :D

Defiantly going to buy beads and a digital.
[snapback]231554[/snapback]​

I think buying cigars is ALWAYS a good think and can help almost ANY situation! :D

On thing to do and a cheap solution is to put in white rice! Cheap and will help soak up the humidity! and when your done a good side dish... :)

Thanks for all your help, I got everything worked out. Now the humi is sitting nicely at about 68%, which is a whole lot better than 78%.

Thanks Again Guys!!!!! :D