• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wurm...

mrjinglesusa

CP Chemist
Wurm said:
Alot of receiving and not sending in return...
[snapback]253405[/snapback]​

You posted that in response to somone questioning why the Secret Santa 2004 thread was pulled in this thread:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...opic=17037&st=0

CC and others have asked you to explain this and you have refused. I disagreed with them following you around and have taken a beating for it. But yet, despite them trying to get you to explain yourself, you still have yet to offer anyone an explanation for this comment.

Time to pay the piper. You owe this board one of two things:

1) An explanation and list of names of people who did not receive SS packages last year but sent them out

2) An apology for saying what you said

Instead of having this brought up in every thread you post in you need to explain yourself here and right quick. You offended a lot of members by that statement you made about SS.

Paris Hilton 123» 5
scariest woman alive... 94 Wurm 1769 Today, 09:01 PM

Copied and pasted from another thread so wurm can't miss this:

Swissy said:
coventrycat86 said:
Swissy said:
My dad used to tell me...

"Opinions are like A-Holes... everyone has them and some of them stink"

Sorry... just had to throw that in! :laugh:
[snapback]257251[/snapback]​

Yeah "yuck yuck" but the point here is wurm did NOT express his opinion, he made a statement AS FACT that was completely untrue. When he was called on it, he got nasty, defensive, belligerent and negative then started with his flaming which he's noted for.
[snapback]257254[/snapback]​

True- no arguement here. My 'yuck yuck' was more a comment on the arguement regarding opinions- I for one think that opinions are not right OR wrong- they are merely one persons opinion. As long as they are based on the exact same thing- like my opinion that cold weather is better than hot weather- I think others here would say opposite- but who's to say I'm wrong, just because *I* like it cold?

but this only applies when everyone is running off of the same data! ;)
[snapback]257496[/snapback]​

The question was asked,

"What was the problem with Secret Santa? I think I have an idea, just wondering."

Wurm's IMMEDIATE response:

"Alot of receiving and not sending in return..."

I don't see how you could possibly construe that as being an "opinion". It was a statement. I won't disagree it was a very misinformed statement, but it was a statement.

In journalism, when one makes an incorrect statement - a retraction is printed. There's a damn good reason for that. Because a statement, such as what wurm put forward, can damage the reputation of a person, community, process, organization, etc. As in this case, the reputation of the Secret Santa process may suffer because wurm made such a flippant comment. Some have said they have confidence in the secret santa process, while others really don't know what to expect. Certainly, by what wurm put out there, one who is not familiar with the ss process has to wonder if "Alot of receiving and not sending in return..." is what is going to happen this year. Given he has a pretty substantial post count, a person unfamiliar with this board would have to think there must be some credibility to what he said...

wurm's refusal to accept responsibility for such a reckless comment certainly speaks volumes about his character. I'm getting that he could care less what the community thinks. As long as he is satisfied with what he put out there - why should anyone care, or better yet, anyone challenge him on his statement. That's pretty damn dangerous if left unchecked.

So what - it's one comment... Who really cares?

Well, there are an awful lot of people who have invested a great deal in this community. Not posting 600+ times in 2 months, but YEARS of being on this board. Clearly from what you're seeing they DO care. But wurm here thinks these long-term members should be discounted in the interest of his (and others) providing entertainment for the members....

Yeah, right...

mrjinglesusa said:
Wurm said:

You posted that in response to somone questioning why the Secret Santa 2004 thread was pulled in this thread:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...opic=17037&st=0

CC and others have asked you to explain this and you have refused. I disagreed with them following you around and have taken a beating for it. But yet, despite them trying to get you to explain yourself, you still have yet to offer anyone an explanation for this comment.

Time to pay the piper. You owe this board one of two things:

1) An explanation and list of names of people who did not receive SS packages last year but sent them out

2) An apology for saying what you said

Instead of having this brought up in every thread you post in you need to explain yourself here and right quick. You offended a lot of members by that statement you made about SS.
[snapback]257490[/snapback]​

I say ban King Asshat and his lame posts and get it over with! To fuggin late for fixin this mess..IMO.

Oh - and one more thing....

I'm for chasing this bastid all over God's little green earth until he accepts responsibilty for making such an assinine statement. Otherwise wurm has no inclination to do anything other than try to ignore the fact others view him with disdain. It's very obvious wurm thinks he just has to skirt around a couple of people here and everything will be hunky-dory. I'm of the opinion he, and anyone else who would do the same, should know that would not be the case...

He should be booted from Secret Santa for this, period!

I'll take care of his kid.

Just do it! This asshat doesn't deserve to participate talking shit like that!

Let me know who the guy is, Bill! ;)

Lee said:
He should be booted from Secret Santa for this, period!

I'll take care of his kid.

Just do it! This asshat doesn't deserve to participate talking shit like that!

Let me know who the guy is, Bill! ;)
[snapback]257533[/snapback]​

I agree with Lee. Heck, I ain't in the SS this year('cause I was out of town and missed sign up) but I'll help Lee with Wurm's "kid". Just gimme the word! :D

".....Lucy(Wurm)...you have some 'splainin' to doooo...." :angry2:

Floyd T. :sign:

I PMd Wurm about this and here was his response (not entire, the rest was irrelevant to this):

I never said that no one didn't receive their package, What I meant was alot of people were unhappy with what they received.

mrjinglesusa said:
I PMd Wurm about this and here was his response (not entire, the rest was irrelevant to this):

I never said that no one didn't receive their package, What I meant was alot of people were unhappy with what they received.
[snapback]257744[/snapback]​

And he would know this.... How? :rolleyes:

That is not the way I read the post. Time to make amends or wave goodbye.

JOE.M. said:
mrjinglesusa said:

And he would know this.... How? :rolleyes:
[snapback]257745[/snapback]​

I have no idea - I'm just posting what he said.

mrjinglesusa said:

LMFAO!!! :laugh:

No wrum, let's go back to your original post and review it:
wrum said:

This guy is far worse than Scotty ever was. He tries to lie his way out of the first lie with yet ANOTHER lie. :0

Who were the "alot (sic) of people" wrum?

Oh and by the way, it's "a lot" (two words NOT one).

mrjinglesusa said:
Instead of having this brought up in every thread you post in you need to explain yourself here and right quick.  You offended a lot of members by that statement you made about SS.
[snapback]257490[/snapback]​

Looks like your idea isn't working jingles since he's obviously refusing to post and explain himself. How 'bout we go back to my plan original and follow him around when he posts? It was working better than yours......

This has to be some kind of record... No posts from wurm in 24 hours??? :whistling:

Like I said, A man only has his word and his name. I would do whatever it took to clear mine no matter how many apologies it took.

Rich

Ironworker said:
Like I said, A man only has his word and his name. I would do whatever it took to clear mine no matter how many apologies it took.

Rich
[snapback]257781[/snapback]​

I agree. But if a person feels they are being ganged up on and forced into apologizing it's not likely to happen. Plus, if the person doesn't think what they did was so wrong (and was misunderstood) and was not worthy of the beating they are taking, it's pretty unlikely they will apologize.

At least that is what I gathered from the PM I got from Wurm. In other words, I don't think we should hold our breath although a public explanation would still be nice.

It doesn't matter now whether or not he addresses this. He won't be posting here with impunity.

AND as long as we're on the subject... how about that orangeperson questioning Ggiese' and the old timers motives and integrity? Think that's going to pass? Not for long.

NA

SamClemmons said:
It doesn't matter now whether or not he addresses this. He won't be posting here with impunity.

AND as long as we're on the subject... how about that orangeperson questioning Ggiese' and the old timers motives and integrity? Think that's going to pass? Not for long.

NA
[snapback]257788[/snapback]​
WHich thread was that in? I haven't been reading the boards in a long time.

Emo

emodx said:
SamClemmons said:

NA
[snapback]257788[/snapback]​
WHich thread was that in? I haven't been reading the boards in a long time.

Emo
[snapback]257819[/snapback]​

It started here...

Aashton's "Trader's Comments" thread