• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yes, I'm showing off

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
The newest part of my collection..... the 1976 Balvenie Vintage Cask. 433 bottles world wide from 2 casks. This is bottle #2 from cask 6568.

Balvenie%20Vintage%20Cask%201976%20front.JPG

Balvenie%20Vintage%20Cask%201976%20open.JPG

Do you actually drink that stuff or just put it on a shelf and look at it?

No Really. I want to know.

In the case of the Balvenie Vintage Cask Series, I use them for an investment vehicle although I have had a few of them over the years. Most of what I buy is opened as you can tell from the 127 reviews I've done so far.

Do you actually drink that stuff or just put it on a shelf and look at it?

No Really. I want to know.

I was going to post a sarcastic "look at me" thing, but I'm just too damned speechless to do it. While what I don't know about scotch could fill a warehouse, I can't help but just be overwhelmed with your collection Ray. Did you ever get that bottle of scotch from the Paris Airport shop? I can't remember the name of it.

The special release at De Gaulle airport has still eluded me but I do have someone going there in September so I should have it fairly soon. This is one of the Limited Editions that Balvenie puts out almost once a year (they have skipped a few years though). The Paris one will be horribly expensive, this one is just plain expensive. :laugh:

I was going to post a sarcastic "look at me" thing, but I'm just too damned speechless to do it. While what I don't know about scotch could fill a warehouse, I can't help but just be overwhelmed with your collection Ray. Did you ever get that bottle of scotch from the Paris Airport shop? I can't remember the name of it.

Instead of "Vintage Cask 1976" on the label, it should read - "Vintage Cash 1976", as that's what it takes to buy it. :rolleyes:

Nice acquisition, Ray!

How much was that badboy if you don't mind me asking?

I'd love to get the 1977 release, which is my birth year, if they have one of course.

AVB, everyone bows to you magnificent collection mate, it is rather awesome.

Can I probe your knowledge for a minute? Along the lines of a smooth Dalwhinnie Single Malt, what Single Batch can you recommend to be that is easy to drink, yet complex? Like a Davidoff Gran Cru of Whiskeys.

Oh, and by the way... *dies of envy*

This one was under $1000. They haven't released a 1977 yet and they may not since they have skipped years in the past.

How much was that badboy if you don't mind me asking?

I'd love to get the 1977 release, which is my birth year, if they have one of course.

Do you have a price range in mind? I'm gone the rest of the day but I'll get back to you tonight if you post a reply.

AVB, everyone bows to you magnificent collection mate, it is rather awesome.

Can I probe your knowledge for a minute? Along the lines of a smooth Dalwhinnie Single Malt, what Single Batch can you recommend to be that is easy to drink, yet complex? Like a Davidoff Gran Cru of Whiskeys.

Oh, and by the way... *dies of envy*

Do you have a price range in mind? I'm gone the rest of the day but I'll get back to you tonight if you post a reply.

Middle of the road I guess. Not looking for something rare and hard to find, but I am willing to splash the case a little to get something worthwhile. Lets say $100-$250

I remember recieving the notification they were releasing this one and wondering if you would be placing an order. Good for you Ray.

Look for The Glenrothes 1991. You can find it here for $109.99AU with free shipping. Or the Glenfarclas 25 here.

Middle of the road I guess. Not looking for something rare and hard to find, but I am willing to splash the case a little to get something worthwhile. Lets say $100-$250

Nice looking bottle Ray! Congratulations

I haven't seen 1 of those in our warehouse yet, I see you got it from overseas.

Michael

Awesome, Ray - congrats on another amazing bottle to add to an already impressive collection...... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Really? They were released in May. 117 for the US I believe, only 44 for the UK though.

Nice looking bottle Ray! Congratulations

I haven't seen 1 of those in our warehouse yet, I see you got it from overseas.

Michael