• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zippo Blu problem

wanlail

Anyone here use the zippo blu? I can't get mine to spark anymore on the first try. I've been using the Zippo fuel, I purged the tank, sprayed the burner with compressed air, refilled and tried to spark and still only works 1 of 10 times.

Thanks,
Kevin

I've had one for about a year now and have yet to have any problems with it.....knock on wood.

Anyone here use the zippo blu? I can't get mine to spark anymore on the first try. I've been using the Zippo fuel, I purged the tank, sprayed the burner with compressed air, refilled and tried to spark and still only works 1 of 10 times.

Thanks,
Kevin

Did you get that Zippo Blu from me?

Ya, sounds like that might be the best solution. It used to work perfectly, maybe I looked at it funny and it was like, heck no and went on strike.

Is the spark strong? Check the wheel and make sure it's not clogged up with flint material. I've never used a Blu, but on regular Zippos that's sometimes a problem. It won't be easy to clean, you'll need a sharp, small metal implement and it takes some time, but it will often fix the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin
Instead of using compressed air, try - carefully - using the fuel. Just a quick pssst. The butane seems to help clean the nozzle.

Worked for me, anyhow. YMMV.

Thanks,
Kevin

Funny mine does not work either right from the get go....poor flame size, spontaneous big orange flames, Hard to light ... since I can't get zippo butane in my area and the fine print on the zippo instruction state if you use "non-zippo" butane the warranty is void, thus non-repairable ...so beware. Yes, i use triple distilled butane, the best stuff i can get in my area. My 10 buck "booby" lighter from Hawaii works MUCH better with an adjustable flame.

DM

PS: did you check the screw on the bottom of the flint cartridge ?

I bought one when they first came out and use Vector 5X filtered fuel, but my problem of not using it anymore is after I let go of the button, the flame continues on for another second or two. :0

I felt dumb puffin' on my cigar while holding the lighter in midair (no, not like the Statue of Liberty :laugh: )until all was safe to close the lid and put it back in my pocket.
unless that's how it was designed?

I have one and i have been really disappointed from the start, really hard to light, sometimes it works fine for a minute then wont light for a few hours whatever i try, as soon as its half empty it wont light at all, i think zippo thought that because of their reputation they could get away with selling a half decent product and people would still buy it.
I did some research after i bought mine and apparently a lot of people are complaining about the same issues...
I never use it anymore, got stuck without a light to many times because it wasnt working!