• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to Sell Large Cigar Collection

C'mon Doc, he's got Esq. I mean you only get that from the Queen or President right? That's not just some title you can add to the end of your name 'cause you feel like it.

I've been thinking about this thread all day. Extensive collection, many expensive rarities, friend who can't smoke cigars anymore . . . is this Michael Douglas's private stash? :whistling:

~Boar

C'mon Doc, he's got Esq. I mean you only get that from the Queen or President right? That's not just some title you can add to the end of your name 'cause you feel like it.

Esq. in the United States usually means practitioner of law. It is nothing special. But usually you follow it with your degree (for example "Joe Blow Esq. CPA") that he didn't makes me go ??? . But seriously its not that big of a thing.

My problems with this thread are:

1) Why post it in the Cuban Cigar forum?

2) "My client" or "My friend" posts usually end up being made by the person who owns the items for sale and are usually made that way to take the heat off if the poster breaks a forum rule like in this case.

3) And basically listing some of the things available is trolling for PM sales.

Mr. Catalina, you received the information you needed, now please respect CP and leave. We wish you the best of luck selling your client's cigars elsewhere.

Onlmy if theya tastew lieke gremola smoothei....

ETA

Shioeot

Drink much? :laugh: At least he got the "ETA" part right!

2) "My client" or "My friend" posts usually end up being made by the person who owns the items for sale and are usually made that way to take the heat off if the poster breaks a forum rule like in this case.

Mr. Catalina, you received the information you needed, now please respect CP and leave. We wish you the best of luck selling your client's cigars elsewhere.

Yes, yes, and yes. As tempting as some of the things catman alluded to in "the collection" are, I would surely hope that no member who respects this community and calls themself a CPer would even think about hitting that PM button to him. Way too many red flags, too many ways to get yourself burned, and you would be guilty of contributing to the problem and not the solution.

At any rate, smoking a regular release Opus bought from Isy tastes alot better than any limited release you sold your community out for.

Bowing with a hangover is a bad idea... :sign:

I got titles too. Top this.

USMC - Retired. AVB
USN - Retired. Devil Doc

Richard A. Catalina, Jr., Esq.
Managaing Attorney, Catalina & Associates, A Professional Corporation
www.newtechlegal.com
www.successmanual.com
The Princeton Licensing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Publishing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Legal Publishers, Princeton, New Jersey

Yes, I am a real human.

I've been thinking about this thread all day. Extensive collection, many expensive rarities, friend who can't smoke cigars anymore . . . is this Michael Douglas's private stash? :whistling:

~Boar

Sorry guys but I thought that was quite funny. :whistling:

I got titles too. Top this.

USMC - Retired. AVB
USN - Retired. Devil Doc

Managaing Attorney, Catalina & Associates, A Professional Corporation
www.newtechlegal.com
www.successmanual.com
The Princeton Licensing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Publishing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Legal Publishers, Princeton, New Jersey

Yes, I am a real human.

Can't. Thank you for your service.

Well I would think with that kind of collection it would be best to take it to a B&M to sell. I think personal inspection would be a must for something like this. If you want to sell it online, you have to break it into much small groups and sell it piece by piece. As people get their packages and its legit, you can build your trader comments, rep, etc. Good luck and sorry to hear about your friend. Oh yeah, one last bit of advice, on your first couple few orders, send your end first before payment.

If these are real cigars, your best bet is Wade's...but be prepared to post photos, and you might have to ship your end first...

Well, gentlemen, I have returned!!

I seemed to have recalled a rule against "flaming" fellow members.

Now, it seems like this forum might be run by Devil Doc, and here is one the nice things he said about me:

"We don't have a stupid list. Scumbag will have to do. Young fellas, with more money than brains, need to be protected from that guy. Doc"

Well, Doc, that seems pretty damn harsh, since you don't know me from Adam. "Scumbag?" " . . protected from that guy?" Do you even know me? Hell no!

Care to talk on the telephone or meet me in person? I would be more than happy. Hell, you just might end up apologizing! Especially since you proceeded to delete my post and thread, block my email and libel and slander my good name and reputation. C'mon, now, Doc, don't be a baby and delete this Reply and ban me from the forum. The rules should apply to you just as equally as they apply to everyone else.

Doc, I don't go around trashing and flaming people I don't know. I would ask the same courtesy and respect from you. Really, now, ole fellow, you must set a good example for teh "young fellas."

Would you like to talk? Man to man? Don't chicken out on me good fellow!

By the way, yes, there is now a LIST. I was in trial over the past two weeks beating up my adversary, so I hadn't the time to deal with this until today.

So, will you be a REAL man and agree to speak and/or meet with me in person?

The world is watching . . . . . . .

Catalina & Associates, A Professional Corporation

Onlmy if theya tastew lieke gremola smoothei....

ETA

Shioeot

Drink much? :laugh: At least he got the "ETA" part right!

Yes, yes, and yes. As tempting as some of the things catman alluded to in "the collection" are, I would surely hope that no member who respects this community and calls themself a CPer would even think about hitting that PM button to him. Way too many red flags, too many ways to get yourself burned, and you would be guilty of contributing to the problem and not the solution.

At any rate, smoking a regular release Opus bought from Isy tastes alot better than any limited release you sold your community out for.

Hey, Rural Guy,

The "Esq." is the designator for "laywer," "attorney," "counselor at law," whatever. I am a lawyer. However, one does not become a lawyer in the U.S. by a bestowance from Queen or President. You take the local state and multistate bar exams. And, in my case, I am also a patent attorney, which means I also took the patent bar exam administered by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Got any more flames to hurl?

~Boar

Not a Nice Person (nor Community for that matter, except Blinded),

No, it is not Michael Douglas' collection. Can't reveal the identity, but can asure you that it is nobody you know. Thx. rac

Doc's statement about the scumbag list was not in speific reference to you. It is his signature on the forum. Look at any of his posts and you will see it there too.

Try not to be too thin-skinned. Facial expressions and vocal inflections are not comveyed through text.

I would include a quote from your post but I am still learning tje Tapatalk interface.

Esq. in the United States usually means practitioner of law. It is nothing special. But usually you follow it with your degree (for example "Joe Blow Esq. CPA") that he didn't makes me go ??? . But seriously its not that big of a thing.

Wurm,

Great name - the third segment of Starship Trooper with amazing Steve Howe guitar.

Now, to answer you questions:

1. Previously supplied in the main thread with Devil Doc deleted.

2. In my original thread - after being lambased by everyone, except some true gentlemen (Thx BBS), I apologized. Perhaps you didn't read it. I acknowledged that I had broken "the rule," but also stated it was not my intent. Yes, ignorance of the law, i.e., "the rule" is no excuse and I stand by my apology. I wasn't, as reiterated more than once, trying to sell anything here. I was trying to obtain information.
3. "Trolling for PM sales" - not quite sure what you mean, since I am new to this forum.

As for leaving, Wurm, I will stay to defend my name and reputation from some of the more insidious commentary posted here. And, I think I have every right to participate it this forum, provided I comply with the rules, which I have every intention of doing. Lastly, I don't think you have any authority to order me off this site. Last time I checked, this was the United States of America.

Relax, have a smoke . . . Geez . . .

Doc didn't even post that in this thread, wtf are you talking about? He posted that in another thread about a guy long since gone that is frankly none of your concern. Where did you even find the reference?

Well I would think with that kind of collection it would be best to take it to a B&M to sell. I think personal inspection would be a must for something like this. If you want to sell it online, you have to break it into much small groups and sell it piece by piece. As people get their packages and its legit, you can build your trader comments, rep, etc. Good luck and sorry to hear about your friend. Oh yeah, one last bit of advice, on your first couple few orders, send your end first before payment.

Fia,

Thank you - a true scholar and a gentleman!

Best regards,

rac

If these are real cigars, your best bet is Wade's...but be prepared to post photos, and you might have to ship your end first...

Thanks - sorry to cause so much freaking hassle for just trying to find information. The fact is, despite what everyone may think, we have much more in common than what the flamers think.

Best regards,

rac

Doc's statement about the scumbag list was not in speific reference to you. It is his signature on the forum. Look at any of his posts and you will see it there too.

Try not to be too thin-skinned. Facial expressions and vocal inflections are not comveyed through text.

I would include a quote from your post but I am still learning tje Tapatalk interface.

Sham,

Thx for the advice. I agree, text doesn't convey humor, sarcasm, facial expressions, intonation, etc. I had been away, and came back to this today and was bit taken back.

I enjoy my smokes as much as you guyz.

Thx again,

rac

Doc didn't even post that in this thread, wtf are you talking about? He posted that in another thread about a guy long since gone that is frankly none of your concern. Where did you even find the reference?

Insight,

The reference appears to have been reposted to a reply to my original post when I was asking for info (or perhaps a follow-up by me to that post).

Thx.

rac