• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to Sell Large Cigar Collection

Well, this certainly is a harsh crowd!

If I have broken rules, I apologize to all, as that was not my intent. I did review what was needed to be reviewed prior to registering with the site and posting, and didn't see anything that barred what I did. I am not saying there are no such rules - I just didn't see them. Had I seen them, I would not have posted what I did here.

In any event, it seems that most commenters have misinterpreted what I asked. I am not seeking to sell anything here on this forum. I was merely asking a few cordial folks for some guidance, as selling/trading/buying cigars online has changed tremendously since I participated years ago. As for why I chose this forum, it is my understanding that the collection is comprised substantially of Habanos. Hence, I thought this group might appreciate the sensitivity as to my request.

B.B.S., thank you for the explanation. There are always bad apples who muck things up and ruin the party. I know of people who were scammed years back when Yahoo did auctions.

Insight, Ouch! Please accept my apologies. I am just trying to find information and am not selling anything (at least here among this group).

B.B.S. - thank you, again, you have been very helpful.

Best regards to all,

Richard a/k/a catamandu

Richard A. Catalina, Jr., Esq.
Managaing Attorney, Catalina & Associates, A Professional Corporation
www.newtechlegal.com
www.successmanual.com
The Princeton Licensing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Publishing Group, Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Cambridge Legal Publishers, Princeton, New Jersey

Yes, I am a real human.

Reminds me of our level one trauma sturgeon. Remember him, fellas? Trying to intimidate us with your resume, young fella? Sure sign of inexperience and other things.:whistling:

Doc.

Doc,

"Trying to intimidate" and "young fella?"

First: No, I am not trying to intimidate. However, since some of the nicer people here intimated that I am a scammer, I thought it might be a good idea to give them some information so that they can look me up and make an informed decision before engaging in name-calling. That's all.

Second: Doc, I may be older than you. I am far from being a "young fella."

Now, when we are we going to meet to discuss my "scumbag" status? I'll bring the smokes.

rac

Doc,

I take it back, it appears that my original thread was not deleted afterall. Please accept my apologies for concluding that you were the Master Mind behind that.

As for the other stuff . . . .

rac

Doc a Master Mind?........ :sign:

And who is this BBS guy you speak of? He definitely is not the warm and fuzzy type.....LOL

I'm all for discussing the "other things", which you seem to have avoided addressing. It's only human nature. After all, in all modesty, I am an expert, and I'm sure I could help put your problem in perspective.

Doc.

I'm all for discussing the "other things", which you seem to have avoided addressing. It's only human nature. After all, in all modesty, I am an expert, and I'm sure I could help put your problem in perspective.

Doc.

Doc, you are indeed modest! I am always looking for an expert to help me put my problems in perspective. What's your hourly rate?

btw, are you a retired marine? If so, you have my total respect and I thank you for serving our country,

best,

rac

Isn't this over yet? I've been bored since page one.

Get ye gone, villain!

- Tim

C'mon Doc, he's got Esq. I mean you only get that from the Queen or President right? That's not just some title you can add to the end of your name 'cause you feel like it.

Esq. in the United States usually means practitioner of law. It is nothing special. But usually you follow it with your degree (for example "Joe Blow Esq. CPA") that he didn't makes me go ??? . But seriously its not that big of a thing.

My problems with this thread are:

1) Why post it in the Cuban Cigar forum?

2) "My client" or "My friend" posts usually end up being made by the person who owns the items for sale and are usually made that way to take the heat off if the poster breaks a forum rule like in this case.

3) And basically listing some of the things available is trolling for PM sales.

Mr. Catalina, you received the information you needed, now please respect CP and leave. We wish you the best of luck selling your client's cigars elsewhere.

Wurm,

Great name - the third segment of Starship Trooper with amazing Steve Howe guitar.

Now, to answer you questions:

1. Previously supplied in the main thread with Devil Doc deleted.

2. In my original thread - after being lambased by everyone, except some true gentlemen (Thx BBS), I apologized. Perhaps you didn't read it. I acknowledged that I had broken "the rule," but also stated it was not my intent. Yes, ignorance of the law, i.e., "the rule" is no excuse and I stand by my apology. I wasn't, as reiterated more than once, trying to sell anything here. I was trying to obtain information.
3. "Trolling for PM sales" - not quite sure what you mean, since I am new to this forum.

As for leaving, Wurm, I will stay to defend my name and reputation from some of the more insidious commentary posted here. And, I think I have every right to participate it this forum, provided I comply with the rules, which I have every intention of doing. Lastly, I don't think you have any authority to order me off this site. Last time I checked, this was the United States of America.

Relax, have a smoke . . . Geez . . .

1) Not interested, do not care.

2) No one lambasted you. You broke the rules and were informed about it.

3) If your true intention was to find a good place to sell your "client's" cigars then you would not have needed to list the HTF cigars. But you did and that was the trolling for sales I mentioned.

4) Most importantly, Internet forums are a form of benevolent dictatorships, Rod's house, his rules. And if you continue in this vein, I'm quite sure he is going to show you the door.

The floor of CP is littered with the corpses of Pedantic Narcissistic Egoists... you won't be the first and you won't be the last.

Then again you could always apologize and tone down your ego a bit and stay, this place is worth it. But I'm pretty sure that is not the route you are going to take.

Shawn

P.S. My user name is German for Dragon :) Starship Troopers is a good book though, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" is in my opinion the better book. As a matter of fact CP runs under the TANSTAAFL motto... and you sir haven't earned your place in the sandwich line yet.

C'mon Doc, he's got Esq. I mean you only get that from the Queen or President right? That's not just some title you can add to the end of your name 'cause you feel like it.

Esq. in the United States usually means practitioner of law. It is nothing special. But usually you follow it with your degree (for example "Joe Blow Esq. CPA") that he didn't makes me go ??? . But seriously its not that big of a thing.

2) "My client" or "My friend" posts usually end up being made by the person who owns the items for sale and are usually made that way to take the heat off if the poster breaks a forum rule like in this case.

Mr. Catalina, you received the information you needed, now please respect CP and leave. We wish you the best of luck selling your client's cigars elsewhere.

Wurm,

Great name - the third segment of Starship Trooper with amazing Steve Howe guitar.

2. In my original thread - after being lambased by everyone, except some true gentlemen (Thx BBS), I apologized. Perhaps you didn't read it. I acknowledged that I had broken "the rule," but also stated it was not my intent. Yes, ignorance of the law, i.e., "the rule" is no excuse and I stand by my apology. I wasn't, as reiterated more than once, trying to sell anything here. I was trying to obtain information.
3. "Trolling for PM sales" - not quite sure what you mean, since I am new to this forum.

As for leaving, Wurm, I will stay to defend my name and reputation from some of the more insidious commentary posted here. And, I think I have every right to participate it this forum, provided I comply with the rules, which I have every intention of doing. Lastly, I don't think you have any authority to order me off this site. Last time I checked, this was the United States of America.

1) Not interested, do not care.

2) No one lambasted you. You broke the rules and were informed about it.

3) If your true intention was to find a good place to sell your "client's" cigars then you would not have needed to list the HTF cigars. But you did and that was the trolling for sales I mentioned.

4) Most importantly, Internet forums are a form of benevolent dictatorships, Rod's house, his rules. And if you continue in this vein, I'm quite sure he is going to show you the door.

The floor of CP is littered with the corpses of Pedantic Narcissistic Egoists... you won't be the first and you won't be the last.

Then again you could always apologize and tone down your ego a bit and stay, this place is worth it. But I'm pretty sure that is not the route you are going to take.

Shawn

P.S. My user name is German for Dragon :) Starship Troopers is a good book though, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" is in my opinion the better book. As a matter of fact CP runs under the TANSTAAFL motto... and you sir haven't earned your place in the sandwich line yet.

Shawn/Wurm,

Thanks for the note.

You don't know me, I don't know you, but please accept my sincere apologies for rufling feathers. A bit of jest on my side with all and I trust on yours, but it really doesn't matter. You guys were dishing, so I dished it back - nothing personal on this side, I assure you.

Hey, I own that I violated a rule. Mea culpa.

I trust that is acceptable.

Best,

Richard

Isn't this over yet? I've been bored since page one.

Get ye gone, villain!

- Tim

boobs-13313.jpg

Do I have to send you a MO with a partial refund back because you sent too much? :laugh:

You know, I am beginning to like this place . . . might have to stick around awhile :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend . .

BigJake,

Checked out your personal cigar web site. Nice.

rac

Wurm,

A couple of things: Do you, as an attorney, do any work for the Department of Redundancy Department? This is not the United States of America. This is the United Forums of Rod. His rules, his site. Now that that is out of the way, drop the "smartest guy in the room" attitude and stick around. There have been people who started out much worse than you and are still here. You keenly deduced that Devil Doc was a Marine so you are astute ;) (now if you could only deduce what he did in the Marines :D ) and capable of recovering from this. This is an amazing place with amazing people which is why we are so protective of it. I will guarantee if you stick around you will see that for yourself. This place is definitely worth the effort. Drop the ostentatious behavior, grab a smoke and make yourself at home.

I was not a fugin' Jarhead you meat heads.
<----
Doc.

Moe,

Thanks for the note - acknowledged and appreciated.

This is your turf and I didn't mean any dispresect to anyone, especially a vet who served our country. To the contrary, I salute Doc and all of those who served or are serving. I thank God that there are such honorable souls to do this country's work so that the rest of us can live life the way we choose.

Behavior's gone - I was dishing in jest, really. But, I have apologized and I will again. Mea culpa. I own my actions.

Thanks for the heads up.

Have a smoke for me this morning,

Best,

rac

IF, these cigars are what you claim, your avenues of sale in the US are limited, unless you want to be dis-bared. There are auction houses in Europe that could probably help you out.