• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Tony Tequila Herf

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Tone-ny, one of CP's best retired from the Air Force Reserve after 33 years, This just happened to coincide with with the yearly debauchery of my "Herf at the House" so what better way to surprise Tone-ny with a small token of our appreciation for his service and for being a mainstay here at CP. The idea was hatched by MoeCizlak who then passed it on to myself, BlindedByScience, Devil Doc, rob300c, Roy R. Frush, grateful1, Seavita, insight, stogieman and BobbyRitz who all agreed that something must be done. To that end we found something we thought was appropriate for the occasion, Something he could enjoy now and later on so we got two of them :thumbs: .

Tony1.JPG

Tony2.JPG

Tony3.JPG

Tony4.JPG

Tony5.JPG

The Shackleton Expedition replica. We wanted something well preserved for our aged to perfection friend. :)
Mackinlay1sm.JPG

Mackinlay2sm.JPG

While not a scotch herf as many of mine are we did tequila this year and Tone-ny did his best to put a dent into all the bottles.
Tequila Herf.JPG

Beached! Oh, I mean grounded. Did he cry? Birdmen are sensitive like that.

Doc.

Well done, guys! Many thanks and congratulations to you, Anthony!

"...and a splendid time was had by all...".....:thumbs:

Great libations, great folks, fantastic smokes......very nicely done, Ray...!!

Looks like you guys made his day. Nicely done, and congrats to Anthony! :thumbs:

Man some of you guys are in real trouble!

I am always humbled by getting the invite from Ray to partake in he and his wife Anna's hospitality. But this year was even more special than usual. A very generous group of some of Cigar Pass finest members, remembered what for me is a special occasion, my retirement from service to our great nation.

I got blindsided by Ray. He brings out a gift all wrapped up and a card. I read the card and unwrapped the present. Much to my surprise was a note from some guys that I have always thought highly of and reaffirmed who they are as a group and individuals Thanks for thinking so highly of me to thank me for my service. I have a special token for each of you that I would prefer to give to you in person. But those of you that I can not get to see will receive it in the mail.

Again my thanks to Ray and the gang of twelve!

PS: Doc birdmen don’t cry its called ascent from altitude and can be quite severe and is accompanied by profuse watering of the eyes.

Anthony, you're one of the best. Congratulations on your retirement, thank you for your years of service, and remember to smoke the good ones every day...!!...:thumbs:

Your friend - B.B.S.

Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking it was about a Herf in honor of Tila Tequila's long lost brother Tony. :sign: Imagine my surprise when I found out it was about our own Tone-ny.

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service.

Tom thank you my friend. My only regret is that all of you were not there to share in my happiness!

Here is a little background about the whisky:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/magazine/drinking-ernest-shackletons-whisky.html?pagewanted=all

Thanks to all the well wishers!

A great story and a wonderful thing to do for a great brother. Well done!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy than Anthony!

...and to the gentlemen who arranged this whole event, AWESOME JOB!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Very Nicely Done!!!

Thanks Anthony for all your years of service, and Congrats on retirement.

Cheers!

Tim

Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking it was about a Herf in honor of Tila Tequila's long lost brother Tony. :sign: Imagine my surprise when I found out it was about our own Tone-ny.

I think like you!
laugh.gif

Congratulations on your years of service Tone and great play gentlemen!

Very nicely done BOTLs, it's very cool that you have developed such great relationships. I personally appreciate all involved here for all they do for CP and am envious of your ability to herf together and build these friendships. Here's to you all, and my hopes to gain similar respect over my tenure here.

Again, thanks for setting a high standard.

Steve