• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does Anyone Own the New Zippo Blu2 Lighter?

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
The new model of the Zippo butane lighter (Blu2) came out last November and I was wondering if anyone has bought one already. I would like to know how big the flame is being that it has no adjustment at all and is it true that in the instructions it says that the Lifetime warranty is voided if you use any other butane other than Zippo brand? I read a few online reviews, but the great majority of them are about the First Gen Blu lighter and not the new version.

If anyone owns this new model, maybe you could give those of us who may be interested in purchasing one your opinion.

Thanks...

PS: I love the 'Zippo click'.... :thumbs:

No, but I smoked a Puff-n-Stuff My Father last night! :D

I lit it with a Dunhill..............match. I have a bit more than half a box, you hoarding Jersey Devil.

I didn't even know that they came out with a "2". Will have to read up on what, if any, improvements they are claiming. They are good sized lighters.

I like the soft flame Xikars best. After that, the 3 buck Ronson Blue torch is hard to beat.

I own a first generation that I sent in for repair. It was repaired without incident, to answer your second question. Soyy I can't be of help for the first part, but I do know the entire inside of mine was replaced with a version which was far superior to the original.

I own a first generation that I sent in for repair. It was repaired without incident, to answer your second question. Soyy I can't be of help for the first part, but I do know the entire inside of mine was replaced with a version which was far superior to the original.

That makes sense Tom...the 'Blu2' has some sort of new "2 stage burner", that must be what they put in yours during the repair. Did you use just the Zippo butane in there (which seems to be the weak link, not refined enough according to reviews of the original Blu) only? I guess what I'm wondering is, if you used another brand and it failed, how could they tell during the repair that another brand was used? Could they tell by the seals even if we purge it before sending it back?...or are they just going to throw a new unit in the housing and send it back to the customer without closer inspection.

It's the Lifetime warranty that has me interested in this lighter, no one else has that at this price point and we all know how many cigar lighter we go through. How was the flame during the lighting process? Tall enough?

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks for the info and link Tom. I'm going to try to find one locally and test it out before I buy it.

I tried a Search using the word 'Blu' and got nothing.... ??? ...go figure...

I'd be interested in knowing how well these work too. Every lighter I have has finally died on me. Two Blazers, 1 Little Buddy, two Lotus table tops.. the only one that even still lights is a freebie I got from Holts, go figure. And I keep them clean, purge, etc. I do have a zippo with the insert, but the tank is so small I hardly use it. These seem better with a bigger tank.

Looks like it's back to matches for now.

Now, what is this Puff N Stuff My Father you speak of o_O

I remember not liking the way the spark/fuel feed combo worked. I am sure a person could get used to it. Can't beat a lifetime warranty. I saw some version 1 out there going on the cheap.
I might just get one of those, and if it gives up the ghost, send it in with a chance of getting the 2 guts. That is, of course, if the 1 had a lifetime warranty, and if the parts are interchangeable.

I remember not liking the way the spark/fuel feed combo worked. I am sure a person could get used to it. Can't beat a lifetime warranty. I saw some version 1 out there going on the cheap.
I might just get one of those, and if it gives up the ghost, send it in with a chance of getting the 2 guts. That is, of course, if the 1 had a lifetime warranty, and if the parts are interchangeable.

I thought the same thing Dan...we have to find the two of them in a B&M and see if the guts are interchangeable. :thumbs:

Are the dimensions the same as the regular Zippo lighter? There's exactly one vendor selling them on eBay... they don't seem to have really taken off yet.

The 1 was not the same size as the traditional Zippo. Probably close to the same width, but significantly taller. The Blu2 almost looks like it is the same as the 1. Need to find a local place carrying them. The oldest cigar shop in my area just closed due to the damn laws. He was told no smoking inside anymore, so his business dropped significantly. Only place left sells
Marijuana toys....

The 1 was not the same size as the traditional Zippo. Probably close to the same width, but significantly taller. The Blu2 almost looks like it is the same as the 1. Need to find a local place carrying them. The oldest cigar shop in my area just closed due to the damn laws. He was told no smoking inside anymore, so his business dropped significantly. Only place left sells
Marijuana toys....

...damn marijuana toy stores! :laugh:

I snagged one of these from Amazon this week. It is definitely taller than a normal Zippo, and uses the flint wheel.

The flame not being adjustable is pretty weird lol. But I think I could get used to it. But it won't stay lit for longer than about 8 seconds, then seems to backfire or something, and pop, and then the flame goes out. Very annoying when trying to toast one.

I'll hang on to it and use it when out and about and needing a torch, but more and more I think I'm going to switch to a soft flame for smoking at home. I've been reasearching a bit, haven't found the soft flame I want to go with yet, but I'm getting tired of these torch lighters failing after so long. Even my trusty Blazers, both bit the dust after a couple years. It'll take longer to get the smoke going, but I just apply my newly adopted outlook on life..... fuck it.

EDIT to add: One thing I should mention, I used Colibri butane instead of Zippo butane on this. Could be the reason for the flame not staying lit as it should.. but for some reason, I doubt it.