• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major SCORE!

2K6TBSS

I was driving out of my development and saw a Magic Chef 52 bottle wine fridge sitting on the curb with a sign that said "FREE, Needs thermostat. Please take me." I thought to myself, as a cigar person the sign says "FREE, Needs Heartfelt beads. Please take me."

So, I brought it home! I will be cleaning it out in the morning, and will start seasoning some empty boxes that I have had laying around the house for a while now (as I was planning on setting up a coolerdor). I think I will also try to get Golfnut (Forrest) to make a few custom shelves for it.

Here are a few pics...

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

ETA - Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I will try to get some better pics when it's all cleaned up.

Nice find.It will have another life and not end up in a land fill somewhere forever.

The rich getting richer!! :p

Awesome! See what good karma can do! The clubs are awesome, went to yesterday, 25 degrees yesterday.

Awesome deal, Makes me want to post on criagslist "Buying Broken Wine fridges"

Wow beats the one I got for $40! I love the fact that if its not cooling people toss them! Are you going to leave it unplugged? Mine does not cool anymore but if I plug it in it get kinda hot (about 78-80 degrees) so I cant enjoy the nice LED lighting it has.. Unplugged though It works like a charm and is at about 68% humidity! How big is your btw? Mine is a 38 bottle!

Awesome! See what good karma can do! The clubs are awesome, went to yesterday, 25 degrees yesterday.

Glad to hear that you like the clubs. It was hard to let them go, as I loved the way they felt.

Wow beats the one I got for $40! I love the fact that if its not cooling people toss them! Are you going to leave it unplugged? mine does not cool anymore but if I plug it in it get kinda hot (about 78-80 degrees) si I cant enjoy the nice LED lighting it has.. Unplugged tho It works like a charm and is at about 68% humidity! How big is your btw? Mine is a 38 bottle!

It's a 52 bottle fridge! I should be able to fit a good amount of boxes and singles in there. I downloaded the owners manual last night and if I set the cooling control to zero, the system will be off but the light will still work. So I will probably plug it in and turn the control to zero.

Glad to hear that you like the clubs. It was hard to let them go, as I loved the way they felt.

Wow beats the one I got for $40! I love the fact that if its not cooling people toss them! Are you going to leave it unplugged? mine does not cool anymore but if I plug it in it get kinda hot (about 78-80 degrees) si I cant enjoy the nice LED lighting it has.. Unplugged tho It works like a charm and is at about 68% humidity! How big is your btw? Mine is a 38 bottle!

It's a 52 bottle fridge! I should be able to fit a good amount of boxes and singles in there. I downloaded the owners manual last night and if I set the cooling control to zero, the system will be off but the light will still work. So I will probably plug it in and turn the control to zero.
WOW nice! I tried that on mine but it still heats up. Is yours thermoelectric or compressor cooled? I wish there were a way to still have the light on while the compresser being off.

WOW nice! I tried that on mine but it still heats up. Is yours thermoelectric or compressor cooled? I wish there were a way to still have the light on while the compresser being off.

Have you tried performing surgery on it? A little snip here, a little snip there. Just make sure to unplug it first. :0

Sweeet! If people only knew what they are throwing away.... That comment of the "needs heartfelt beads" comment made me laugh out loud. :D