• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo #2

coopsdeloops

I received a Montecristo #2 from a generous BOTL a month ago on the condition that I post a review of it once I smoked it.

After having a really bad day and finding out some information that will severely curb my cigar intake, I decided to celebrate it with this special stick that has been looking at me on the top shelf of my glass top humidor.

Prelight:
What a wonderful smell of Vanilla. It made me drool just smelling it. I could have eaten the darn thing on the spot. The shape was quite box pressed which was surprising, but it didn't bother me or excite me either way.

First third
I first tasted grass and cream. The draw was really really tight, to the point of hurting me from sucking so hard so I used a needle to try to loosen it up. The taste was pretty mild and I nearly sucked my face off.

Second third
The wrapper started cracking, and the draw was still tight. I've heard of plugged Monte 2's in the past, and I guess my first Monte 2 was a classic example. I kept persisting.

The taste was a stronger Vanilla and cream. It was really tasty and I was enjoying it, despite the draw.

Last third
Toasted nuts came to the forefront and the taste cranked up to a medium. The cigar actually started getting salty, and buttery. I almost thought I was tasting some pork or something in there, in a good way.

I burned my fingers so it was time to let it go. I'm sure if the draw was just right it would have been a much more enjoyable stick, but as it was, I enjoyed it a lot. Very grateful for the opportunity.

http://www.cigarpass...lery&image=9403

Thanks for the review and photos Coop! Sucks about the draw but it happens. On to the next! :thumbs:

Where the heck did you find that sign on Little Pigs? You should let them know it beats the hell out of a tuba.

Alright! I got 6 left, anyone up for a trade?
I'll trade 6 Monty 2 (with tight draw) for 6 Doggy Rockets!

Come on Cooper, just tell the folks you are over puckered from playing that freaking oboe-a-phone.

Great stick when its on, I've also gotten that meaty flavor from these before.  Kind of like a four course meal all rolled into this stick.