• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Many cigars gone bad....big dilemma

Who did you buy the beads from? This isn't an "outing", but it's important to know if you got them from a known supplier or some unknown. A known supplier would point to the issue being unique to your setup. If you got something from an unknown, you could really have a product affecting your cigars.

You can choose to PM someone if you want and then all we need is a YES/NO as to whether it's a vendor we'd all recognize.

I'll defer to the FOGs if they disagree on this.

Somebody ought to ping Viper and N2 on this for some of their opinions and experience.

Last night I worked all night taking care of stuff in Europe over the phone as usual and smoked three cigars.

A RASS and and an opux x double corona ,they were both a great part of my fun last night.

Then I took photos of my silica salt desk tops and could not resist and pulled out a little short story and lit it up.

In about five minutes that shit is back on ....kept on smoking ....and spitting ....the taste is bad ...I smoked half of it.

My problem is real and you guys better pay attention all kidding aside I will bet anything this comes from the beads.
I do not know if it is the salt or new silica or what.

Got the photos ready......any way to attach here?
I am having trouble and no time to go to other sites but if no other way I will.

When I look in those boxes I feel like crying....I got more cigars but....this is no joke is real!

If you're only using salt, that's the problem. You need pepper, too. White pepper. I see a lot of reviews mentioning that flavor in cigars, so I've doubled up on the pepper in my humidor lately.

If you're only using salt, that's the problem. You need pepper, too. White pepper. I see a lot of reviews mentioning that flavor in cigars, so I've doubled up on the pepper in my humidor lately.

You are funny my friend......I agree it would make a nice combo.

All kidding aside...... truth is the taste is so bad because is extremely strong numbing sensation that masks 90% of what the cigar can give you.

I can see if I did not have other unaffected cigars I would be going crazy or wonder if it is me.

The amazing part is the humidity attached to the outside of the bead containers taste exactly like what I get from the screwed up cigars only when I light them up..

This is no brainer for me as it is not mild but super strong and unmistakable both of the container and when I smoke one of the effected cigars.

Nash I am right there with you and he is even confusing me in my reveiw thread... :laugh:

You are funny my friend......I agree it would make a nice combo.

All kidding aside...... truth is the taste is so bad because is extremely strong numbing sensation that masks 90% of what the cigar can give you.

I can see if I did not have other unaffected cigars I would be going crazy or wonder if it is me.

The amazing part is the humidity attached to the outside of the bead containers taste exactly like what I get from the screwed up cigars only when I light them up..

This is no brainer for me as it is not mild but super strong and unmistakable both of the container and when I smoke one of the effected cigars.

Did you at ANYTIME use PG Solution?

Just to let you know, I too had a similar situation ...I said 'similar'....in that when I got a pass back the cigar bags were sticky and I noticed the HF beads fell out of the container - no they weren't sticky white!

I thought it was odd but assumed someone used PG solutiuon to replenish the beads. (or replaced them in the container with gel beads)
The ones I put in originally were HF.

I'm not discounting that you have an issue...ok, issues...I'm looking for exactly what happened and in what order...slowly, without skipping around.

..AND with ALL of the facts.

You send up a warning but with no merit other than your word....we don't know you, yet.

What are we still trying to accomplish here?
If you're trying to warn others of a danger from a product, name the exact product, and we'll have been duly warned.
If you want our condolences, you certainly have them. I know I too would be upset if part of my cigar collection went down the crapper.
If you're trying to figure out how to fix them, you probably can't. Here's my off the top of my head suggestion though: put them in a tupperdor with a humidification you know to be safe, and see if they improve over time. Boveda packs might be ideal so that you could throw them out frequently and switch new uncontaminated ones in. Over many repetitions you might flush some of the offending chemicals out.
If you did anything other than add distilled water at any point, I retract my condolences.

Thousands of folks have used beads (myself included), successfully, with great ease and no drama. Never once felt the need to lick or ingest one; maybe that's just me.

All that's going on here is feeding the troll, gentlemen. If you dig it, have fun. I'm out.

This is starting to read like Harry Potter. We've seen no pictures, you haven't sent any for the brothers to try. While I would like to see the finish of this to see what the answer finally is, I don't see you really wanting to go all out and cooperate. Best of. Luck to ya.

Maybe it's the container? What are you using to hold the beads? Maybe that is giving off some sort of residual that gets infused with the moisture in the humidor? I've got my HF beads in the mesh bag right from Heartfelt, and no problems, whatsoever. People have been storing the beads in all sorts of containers with no issues, as well. Heck, someone even made a container out of a plastic box that .22 ammunition came in!

Granted, there's a first time for everything. However, you seem to be that first time with these beads.

If you want to post a picture, either upload it to an album here on the site, or host it at someplace like Flikr or Photobucket.

Sent HA a PM, he seem sot not understand that the pics need to be hosted on a photo site, but I think I have him headed in the right direction.

Also, pointed out that many here have asked the right questions, and that he should do his best to offer the information.

His post is very convoluted and disorganized, but if English really is his 2nd or beyond language, he is doing a decent job, a far site better than some Americans that have been run off of here for not following forum protocol.

Also advised him that his cigars are problem a right off at this point.

Tim

Sent HA a PM, he seem sot not understand that the pics need to be hosted on a photo site, but I think I have him headed in the right direction.

Also, pointed out that many here have asked the right questions, and that he should do his best to offer the information.

His post is very convoluted and disorganized, but if English really is his 2nd or beyond language, he is doing a decent job, a far site better than some Americans that have been run off of here for not following forum protocol.

Also advised him that his cigars are problem a right off at this point.

Tim
Speaking of English as a second language... ??? You've been overseas too long Tim.

Email me the pictures and I'll post them. My email is rod@cigarpass.com