• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some help identifying some gifts

ilikefishes

Hey everyone, this is the first time I have posted in this section. I think. Anyways, I was gifted some cigars that I can't quite identify.

The first were gifted to me by a fellow CP member, I should say traded because he wants to try some really good domestics. The cigars in question are Reloba's and they are about 5" by maybe a 40 ring gauge. They just say Reloba on a blue band.

The next ones were given to me by a marshall at out local golf course. They are Cohiba's and by all accounts they look real. They have an embossed label, the right number of rows and all. But they are the Edicion Limitada 2010 and I can't find those anywhere. I can find the 2001-2009, and then 2011. So what gives with that? Did Cohiba stop making these for a year?

Thanks for all the advice I can get in advance. If I stepped on anybody's toes or did something I should not have done, please let me know. Thanks again.

I think these are the only LE in 2010:

Trinidad Short Robusto T (12) Edicion Limitada 2010
Montecristo Grand Edmundo (10) Edicion Limitada 2010

Partagas Serie D Especial (10) Edicion Limitada 2010

Best I can find on the Reloba is that there are two brands named that way. One is NC, and put out by Garcia & Garcia. The other is an ISOM value cigar that sells at around one Cuban peso on the island. Couldn't find band images, but there's the best google has to offer on the subject.

There are some references to peso Reloba's on the net. Cheap, daily cigars from Cuba. Haven't seen any pictures though.

Cohiba did a limited edition jar in 2010 with Siglo VIs. I don't know if the bands were marked differently(with an LE).

There are some references to peso Reloba's on the net. Cheap, daily cigars from Cuba. Haven't seen any pictures though.

Cohiba did a limited edition jar in 2010 with Siglo VIs. I don't know if the bands were marked differently(with an LE).

The only EL's are listed above.

The Jar was an 'Exclusive'.

Photo's will help, however they re very iffy!

...to answer your question....no.

There's a La Reloba by Jaime Garcia. Rolled in the My Father cigar factory...

I think the La Reloba have a black and red band.

Yeah, that sounds consistent. I have no doubt the Reblados are real. They were given to me by someone that only smokes CC's. So, just wanted to know a little more about their character and rarity.

The Cohibas, like I said were given to me by a fellow golfer. They are in pretty bad shape, I will try to snap some pics with my iphone later when I go and pull a stick to smoke.

Thanks for the info gents, it always appreciated.

The Blue banded Reloba that I have is an ISOM. They are very inexpensive on the Island.

Yeah, that sounds consistent. I have no doubt the Reblados are real. They were given to me by someone that only smokes CC's.

I was gifted a Cohiba esplandido in a crystal tubo from a glass top box from someone who said the same thing. :whistling:

The relobas are indeed some pesos.. Probably sent with the intent of making you taste the difference between the 'true' CC and the ones the Cubans smoke ;-)

BUt one things for sure they are cuban (cannot believe someone would counterfit cheap cigars ! lol)

Yeah, I knew they were real:D

I just could bot find anytging in the data base I use for inventory. So trying to figure out what they were.

Are you back Louich?

Here are pics of the ones I was thinking are fake.

43a5d830-dc64-a0ab.jpg
43a5d830-dc6c-6cf3.jpg

Thanks for your help.:D

I'm nowhere near an expert, but the spacing between the first two rows of dots, combined with the awful EL band are the first warnings, even if you didn't have the list of what ELs were actually produced in any given year.