• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked open a tin of Bohemian Scandal today. Huzzah!

You're a lucky man, my friend.

Love that Syrian Latakia. Please let us know how age has treated it, Alan?

Finally finished this tin. I can't say anything negative about this tobacco at all. Earthy, sweet, smoky, and quite dry (like a nice Cab Sav). It's not quite as spicy as it once was, but it's still a very nice blend.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a lot of Latakia based blends, and wanted to see how the Syrian does with age. I prefer it over Cyprian.
Sort of the idea; does it keep it's perceived edge over Cyprian as time goes by. Would love to find 5 year old tins of McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian and G.L.P. Westminster.

As for what is in my pipe, I have a home blend I've been experimenting with. I bought several jars of Jewel of St. James Perique. Working on a VaPer that is pretty damned good. I added some Burley to it a week ago, and let it sit. Not bad at all. Cuts down on the bite, and the VaPer aspect is still very dominant.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a lot of Latakia based blends, and wanted to see how the Syrian does with age. I prefer it over Cyprian.
Sort of the idea; does it keep it's perceived edge over Cyprian as time goes by. Would love to find 5 year old tins of McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian and G.L.P. Westminster.

As for what is in my pipe, I have a home blend I've been experimenting with. I bought several jars of Jewel of St. James Perique. Working on a VaPer that is pretty damned good. I added some Burley to it a week ago, and let it sit. Not bad at all. Cuts down on the bite, and the VaPer aspect is still very dominant.

Funny you should mention it; I have tin of Westminster from very early in 2008 that is on my list of tins to pop in the near future. If I remember (which is becoming more of a gamble than it used to be) I'll send you a sampling. Probably looking at May or thereabouts.

Funny you should mention it; I have tin of Westminster from very early in 2008 that is on my list of tins to pop in the near future. If I remember (which is becoming more of a gamble than it used to be) I'll send you a sampling. Probably looking at May or thereabouts.

Thanks Alan. Love the memory quip. I now constantly carry a pad, and my digital calendar gets a hell of a lot more use, but I have to remember to look at it.

I'm totally not a pipe smoker, but about a year back my father gave me my deceased grandfathers old pipe, so I decided it was time to put it to use. I stopped off at Stag in Colorado Springs. They claim to have over 230 different pipe tobaccos. So after over an hour of sniffing through the blends, I pick up 44 grams of Amaretto. Smelled of caramel and cinnamon, couldn't pass it up. I being an avid cigar smoker, figured I could use the pipe on those cold nights I don't feel like going outside. Well I dropped some in the pipe today, after reading all about pipe smoking, tasty stuff, will take some time to truly enjoy it, but at least the house smells yummy!

Broke in the new pipe today with some Frog Morton. Soooo good. I can already tell I'm going to love this.

Finally got around to breaking in the new Bos with some Christmas Cheer. What a pipe! Listened to the entire Sixers game and still had plenty of tobacco left.

Smoked some Christmas Cheer yesterday. Good stuff but kind of a bear to keep lit (I guess they all are for me). I might pick up a tin of it.

I've been enjoying the burley/perique lately, mostly with C&D's Big 'n' Burley and Old Joe Krantz (thanks Freebern!). Other than some latakia heavy blends for a change of pace it's really been mostly burley for the last month or so. It just seems really straightforward and enjoyable.

G.L. Pease Sextant.

Where did you get yours? I order from pipes and cigars and its still listed as "backordered". I'm really anxious to try this one. I love Navy Flakes.

I got mine from 4oggins. It's pretty much out of stock everywhere right now. The second shipment is usually larger, I think. That, or less people rush to grab the new blends after the initial excitement.

(I haven't broken into the tin yet.)

I'll ask my wife...she got it for me as an early birthday present. She said she had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it! She's a keeper!!

Got my order of Sextant - didn't want to crack it open just yet so I dug into some SG Navy Flake to satisfy the craving.

Status
Not open for further replies.