• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Defiance

puffstuff

Cigar: Defiance by Xikar
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Criollo
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Size: They call it Lancero, but it's a Corona 6 x 46
MSRP $6.50- $7.75 before state taxes

Appearance: This is a very nice cigar to look at, red hued wrapper with very few veins.
Construction: Very well packed, feels firm with no soft spots.

I lit this baby and to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. This Puro's taste hit me in just the right spot. Lots of cream and spice right from the get go. The only word that comes to mind is elegant. It's draw is perfect, throwing out billows of smoke from an effortless draw. I'm about half way through this beauty and the body is medium/full leaning towards the full side. Burn is flawless, with a razor straight 3 inch ash holding firm. A small amount of earth has come into the mix along with some more spice. This cigar is finishing very well, I'm at the nub and no youngness or bitterness is present.

Summary: This was one hell of a cigar, a real winner in my book. I would venture to say this is going to be one of the hottest new cigars to hit the market. The burn and draw were as good as I've seen. The flavor was just plain good. Very savory. It left me longing for another. I would definitely recommend this cigar, it is a well balanced tasty treat that I will be smoking again.

I didn't even know Xikar was putting out a cigar.

I was surprised by the review and how much you enjoyed it. Sounds like they will be worth a go :)

Thanks for the review Al.

Al,

I was sent a sample from my guy at Xicar. Was not impressed AT ALL. Almost like a Dominican Romeo......(at least that's what it reminded me of). Thanks for the review.

Al,

I was sent a sample from my guy at Xicar. Was not impressed AT ALL. Almost like a Dominican Romeo......(at least that's what it reminded me of). Thanks for the review.

To each their own but my experience with the Defiance was quite nice, as well. This cigar will receive some consideration to make it into my regular lineup (a competitive process---many have tried, most have failed) providing that the regular production turns out as well as the sample I smoked.

Maybe I like the cause....Defiance

-Mark

Al,

I am very surprised by that. Please don't think I'm trying to start an argument here, but I've never heard anyone say a Nicaraguan Corojo/Criollo blend tasted like a Dominican cigar. Considering some of the great cigars that use variations of that blend of tobaccos. Tatuaje, Don Pepin Garcia just to name a couple. We have given out about 30 samples and to say the least the reviews were positive. I know taste is subjective but how was the construction for you? I wonder if you got a dud, or something that wasn't yet ready for production.

Al,

To each their own but my experience with the Defiance was quite nice, as well. This cigar will receive some consideration to make it into my regular lineup (a competitive process---many have tried, most have failed) providing that the regular production turns out as well as the sample I smoked.

Maybe I like the cause....Defiance

-Mark

I joined!

That's interesting - I can't wait to try it. So far I have been very underwhelmed by Nicaraguan Puros. I like the idea of a Nicaraguan Criollo wrapper, but even with that most of their puros tend to be very one-dimensional and flavorless for me. Of course a lancero-sized cigar could pack a bit more of a punch.

Do you know if they're rolled in the JdN factory? I think most of the Nicaraguan Puros are rolled there aren't they?

Do you know if they're rolled in the JdN factory? I think most of the Nicaraguan Puros are rolled there aren't they?

If this is the blend we were given by Xikar this cigar is blended and produced by Jesus Fuego,
once the blender and production maestro for Rocky Patel, im not sure where his factory is.