• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Recieved my first order from 4noggins. One tin each of Escudo, Penzance, Virginia Woods, X-mass Cheer 07, and FMotT. I'm very pleased with their service. They even sent me some free tobacco. Something called Britt's Balkan. Smells aromatic to me and not Balkan at all. Will smoke in a cob. I suspect i'm not going to like it.

Doc.

Nice thread Doc!!

I got my boswells in today. Got some:

Paradise
Boswells Best
Vanilla
Christmas Cookie

:thumbs:

Just recently I bought a tin of Peterson's Irish Oak and Davidoff Scottish Mixture.

Right now, I'm scoping out a briar. I've got my hopes on catching a Boswell but have a Savinelli as a back up. You guys will definitely hear about it as soon as I pick one up.

I went a little nuts the last week or so with purchases.

Bought a Peterson St. Patty's Day pipe from the local shop, a new in box Grabow Meer lined briar off Ebay and another lot of estate meers from the UK.

Tobacco wise, I ordered from 4Noggins for the first time as well. Got some Penzance, Butternut Burley, and Haddo's Delight. They also included a sample, I got something called Bald Headed Teacher. Smells like a nice English blend.

I picked up 3 Boswell pipes Tuesday, and they will be here Monday. I got some tobacco as well.

1.Christmas Cookie
2.Autumn Blend
3.Bear Blend
4.Creamy Vanilla
5.Boswells Premium Burley
6.Boswells Best
7.Sweet and Mild
.... And some others that I can't recall right now.
B

Today, an 8 oz tin of Smokers Haven's Best Blend and a 2 oz tin of Stratford (I'm sampling each Pease tobacco). I also bought two pre-1980 vintage estate GBDs, both billiards, a Virgin and a beautiful New Standard (and yes, I'll post pictures) from Smokers Haven. I was discussing GBDs with rramstad today and got motivated to add to the collection.

I bought some pipe cleaners at the grocery last night.

(tax time is the worst time of the year :( )

1 box Diamond Crown Maximus #3 pyramids
10 VSG Scorcerers
4 Opus X Super Bellicoso
A couple more 5er's that I can't remember

I'm being corrupted!!!! :0 :0 :laugh: :laugh:

Bought some Nat Sherman #205. Smells like oranges and looks like wood chips. Makes me want to have a bbq.

Bought a Peterson 307 Ebony today.

This didnt come from cup o joes, but this is the only photo I could find.

sse307.jpg

Bought some Nat Sherman #205. Smells like oranges and looks like wood chips. Makes me want to have a bbq.

Damn Dave, I have a whole tin of that and I don't care for it. I put it in a mason jar to see if it will get better with age. Let me know what you think.

Just ordered some Butternut Burley, C&D Billy Bobb, Dunhill 965 & Nightcap from Pipesandcigars.com..

This is my first order from this vendor..

I never had any of the above except Nightcap.

Anyone ever have the Billy Bobb stuff?

Damn Dave, I have a whole tin of that and I don't care for it. I put it in a mason jar to see if it will get better with age. Let me know what you think.

It's alright, the sales clerk directed me towards it when I asked for their strongest most flavourful blend. I am not impressed, it's alright, but then again I'm still new to this pipe thing. So far it's more of a "I have to be in the mood to enjoy" type of smoke.

A pipe-related purchase yesterday: Richard Carlton Hacker's book on a Guide to 21st Century Pipe Smoking (or something like that) and an 8 pipe rack from Iwan Ries. Gotta make room for more pipes!

My 4noggins order arrived. 100 gm tins of Hal O' the Wynd, Blackwoods flake, St. James Woods, 50gm of Grand Orientals Classic Samsun and 2 oz. of Stonehaven.

Doc.

That Blackwoods Flake is some good stuff, Doc. The Stonehaven is on my list.

Nice haul!

Another pipe rack (planning ahead for more pipes--up to 18 and counting) and a tin of Piccadilly (10/16/05). These puchases today were from one of our two very good pipe stores in Columbus (Pipes & Pleasures). Tomorrow a trip to Smokers Haven, the other local pipe B & M, for, hopefully, an estate GBD.

A case of 4oz Mason Jars in preperation for a delivery of McClellend 5100 and Perique.

Doc.

Some more Dunhills to try - 965 and Light Virginia Flake

Doc, how would you describe the Oriental Samsun?

Steve