• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Cael wanted to help me clean them up.

hopmonster002.jpg

Jeez, they grow 'em bigger out in Montana. This really makes me feel old.

I need to change the title to "what's Justin brewing" apparently. Right now I'm mashing a Russian River Redemption clone with a recipe that came straight from Vinnie. Also ordered parts to convert the beer fridge into a kegerator today!

All-grain Hobgoblin Ale clone. I hope it turns out nice! This beer is great with cigars!

I need to change the title to "what's Justin brewing" apparently. Right now I'm mashing a Russian River Redemption clone with a recipe that came straight from Vinnie. Also ordered parts to convert the beer fridge into a kegerator today!

There is a new rule if you change the topic name, you'll have to share a beer from your homebrew with everyone that posts in it :whistling: :rolleyes: :laugh:

There is a new rule if you change the topic name, you'll have to share a beer from your homebrew with everyone that posts in it :whistling: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Did I send you a bottle of my Rye PA?

NO :(

Save me a bottle, cause I have a box at home all packed with your name on it. Just waiting till you give me the word.

I have a batch of apfelwine bottled up that should be ready to go in a week and a half, two weeks.

When I bottled that, I started another batch, using all cranberry juice, so we'll see how that turns out.

And sometime in the next couple weeks, I plan on trying my first beer. Looking at easy kits now.

Just pulled a sample of my Blueberry Sour and it's down to 1.002. Still needs a lot more souring and there is no brett presence yet.

About to brew my first batch on Thursday: American Pale Wheat Ale AG

NO :(

Save me a bottle, cause I have a box at home all packed with your name on it. Just waiting till you give me the word.

Mike it is a solid rye! If it sucked I would have said so :laugh:

Well I got my APA in the bucket on the 16th, ended up with a stuck ferm.....damn 020 blues.
It has enuff hops to cover the sweetness, I think. I am going to transfer it to the secondary tomorrow, maybe add some dry hops to help again with the extra sugar left in it.

I was really looking forward to this brew, and the fact that it stalled has me really bummed. It is the first brew for this year and not a good way to get started.

A few weeks in the secondary (maybe the transfer will restart the yeast) then into the Tap-a-Draft bottles for conditioning.

About to place my order for the rest of my grains for my Chocolate/Coffee Porter. I hope it works out better.

Tim

Well I got my APA in the bucket on the 16th, ended up with a stuck ferm.....damn 020 blues.
It has enuff hops to cover the sweetness, I think. I am going to transfer it to the secondary tomorrow, maybe add some dry hops to help again with the extra sugar left in it.

I was really looking forward to this brew, and the fact that it stalled has me really bummed. It is the first brew for this year and not a good way to get started.

A few weeks in the secondary (maybe the transfer will restart the yeast) then into the Tap-a-Draft bottles for conditioning.

About to place my order for the rest of my grains for my Chocolate/Coffee Porter. I hope it works out better.

Tim

Have you tried swirling it a little Tim? That got my porter going again that was stuck. I've also heard people recommend sucking some yeast up too when racking to secondary to rouse the yeasties.

I'm about to get back into this. Ordered a Stout Kit and plan to brew it on the week-end. I'm teaching some friends about brewing and a stout is the easiest thing to not screw up, or so I've been told. After I get a few more brews under my belt it will be time to work on some custom recipes.

Tim

Have you tried swirling it a little Tim? That got my porter going again that was stuck. I've also heard people recommend sucking some yeast up too when racking to secondary to rouse the yeasties.

Yeah, I tried to rouse the yeast twice...no dice
I am going to try and get her started agai when I transfer, I hope today....if not it will be Sat.

Tim

Just got done bottling a batch of Apfelwein and am sampling my oaked porter. Starting to carb a little but still needs some time.

Brewing a 2 1/2 gallon batch of Apfelwein, Irish Stout 2 1/2 Gal. batch, and a 5 Gal. American Lager.

I think I'm going to try to do a Berliner Weiss tonight with true wild yeast. I think I'll put a gallon of the wort pre-boil into a glass jug and throw some grain in there and let it get inoculated and then add it to the rest after it's done fermenting.

Finally jumped into this...my first batch is fermenting upstairs!

Gumballhead Clone AG