• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

[/quote]I actually gathered from Jack's post not that he was looking for "Yellow Cellos", but rather he associates "Quality and good age" with yellow Cellos. If he was solely looking for yellow cellos to complete deals like this, I doubt he would limit himself to only asking for 1 particular line of cigar. He would instead seek out any and all yellow cellos.
[/quote]

Think of it from this angle - older Wavells are a real inexpensive way to get yellow cellos. I think that Eric kindly passed along some information that at the time, probably seemed totally harmless. It probably rang a bell for him now that this issue has come to light. I can assure you that nobody here is lumping in Eric at Jack Schwartz as part of this debacle.

This has nothing to do with you. Best to stay out of this....
While I mean no disrespect, yesterday BigJake6904 said "The community isn't involved" and everyone jumped on him saying that the community was most certainly involved.

I may be a newbie (to this forum), however I am a member of THIS community as well as many others. If it involves you, a part of this community, and it involves others, as a part of this community, it certainly involves me.

Again, not trying to cause any problems. You will find the only person I put a "shield" around was Jack, because I think this is going to get deeper, it's going to get messier, and I would hate to see someone who was simply trying to help get wrapped up in it. However, if the community is involved, it's everyone, not just certain people.

Just to protect Jack a bit (Since I'm sure he doesn't want any attention on him in case it goes negative). I don't know that he was insinuating that the cellos were in fact non-Anejo cellos, just that SmokinJ seems to have a "love" for yellow cellos.

While I agree, if different thinkness and length, they probably are not, just looking out for Jack here.

From Eric's post, it appears he is stating the facts that are in front of him.

The other item in this thread...like the wrapper info that has been posted and photo's shown, can lead one to state that the cello's are not OR.
I actually gathered from Jack's post not that he was looking for "Yellow Cellos", but rather he associates "Quality and good age" with yellow Cellos. If he was solely looking for yellow cellos to complete deals like this, I doubt he would limit himself to only asking for 1 particular line of cigar. He would instead seek out any and all yellow cellos.

I am not defending what went down or David/John/whoever.. I am looking out for Jack because as a retailer, he shouldn't get caught up in potential drama in case shit hits the fan simply because people assumed he meant one thing when he never really came right out and said what he meant. He was just passing along information.

Given that after I posted that Jack posted this: "I definitely didn't want to make it look like I was saying the cello on the Anejos was from some La Gloria smokinj picked up", it seems I was right in stating he was not insinuating what the cellos were or that they came from that specific cigar.. he just found it interesting. I do as well.

No it is very apparent he was looking for base material. Already yellowed sleeves so he could ply his trade.

I don't think anyone would read into it more than a scammer seeking material to scam the innocent.
I am having a hard time determining if you are simply stating that he was looking for yellow cellos to scam the innocent or if you are actually borderline calling me a scammer seeking material to scam the innocent.

Let's see...the Wavell and Minuto are what size...approx.? Hmmmm. OR Opus Robusto-ish...how about the other...OR xXx or another?

As for Anthony...heck, throw him to the lions...everyone else has! :laugh:

Just to protect Jack a bit (Since I'm sure he doesn't want any attention on him in case it goes negative). I don't know that he was insinuating that the cellos were in fact non-Anejo cellos, just that SmokinJ seems to have a "love" for yellow cellos.

While I agree, if different thinkness and length, they probably are not, just looking out for Jack here.

From Eric's post, it appears he is stating the facts that are in front of him.

The other item in this thread...like the wrapper info that has been posted and photo's shown, can lead one to state that the cello's are not OR.
I actually gathered from Jack's post not that he was looking for "Yellow Cellos", but rather he associates "Quality and good age" with yellow Cellos. If he was solely looking for yellow cellos to complete deals like this, I doubt he would limit himself to only asking for 1 particular line of cigar. He would instead seek out any and all yellow cellos.

I am not defending what went down or David/John/whoever.. I am looking out for Jack because as a retailer, he shouldn't get caught up in potential drama in case shit hits the fan simply because people assumed he meant one thing when he never really came right out and said what he meant. He was just passing along information.

Given that after I posted that Jack posted this: "I definitely didn't want to make it look like I was saying the cello on the Anejos was from some La Gloria smokinj picked up", it seems I was right in stating he was not insinuating what the cellos were or that they came from that specific cigar.. he just found it interesting. I do as well.

No it is very apparent he was looking for base material. Already yellowed sleeves so he could ply his trade.

I don't think anyone would read into it more than a scammer seeking material to scam the innocent.
I am having a hard time determining if you are simply stating that he was looking for yellow cellos to scam the innocent or if you are actually borderline calling me a scammer seeking material to scam the innocent.

Nobody thinks Jack Schwartz has anything to do with this so there's no reason to put up posts in his defense. Anthony wasn't referring to you as the "scammer" either....not sure where you pulled that from. Now it's time for you to step away from the keyboard and away from a topic that you need not post in.

Think of it from this angle - older Wavells are a real inexpensive way to get yellow cellos. I think that Eric kindly passed along some information that at the time, probably seemed totally harmless. It probably rang a bell for him now that this issue has come to light. I can assure you that nobody here is lumping in Eric at Jack Schwartz as part of this debacle.
I certaintly don't think people would lump Eric in (we've all spoken with Eric many times on different forums and he's a great guy). Just keeping a cautious eye open for the "Oh yeah.. well Eric from Jack Schwartz said you did" kind of thing..

Let's see...the Wavell and Minuto are what size...approx.? Hmmmm. OR Opus Robusto-ish...how about the other...OR xXx or another?

As for Anthony...heck, throw him to the lions...everyone else has! :laugh:

Now that is funny!

I certaintly don't think people would lump Eric in (we've all spoken with Eric many times on different forums and he's a great guy). Just keeping a cautious eye open for the "Oh yeah.. well Eric from Jack Schwartz said you did" kind of thing..
It's being handled. Just stick to reading for now.

What are you reading?

No one is saying Eric did anything wrong!

We are commenting on the fellow that inquired about cigars with aged or yellowed cellophane!

Nobody is lumping anyone in with anything. This is being handled by the folks that are involved. Time to read more and post less.....lots less.

Thank goodness you dropped your words of wisdom on us! Jeez - No one here ever heard of Eric before, and don't know his (or Jack Schwartz's) reputation... :rolleyes:

But - please keep your "cautious eye" going - we need tons of that! We really could have used it when someone started peddling fake OR's on the board!

New guy: who are you and why are you posting here?

Eric: Thank you so much for your post, your integrity has made me want to give you my business in the future.

Anthony: Better get yourself some steaks or something to throw to those bastards, if they are hungry they can be pretty mean.

Thank goodness you dropped your words of wisdom on us! Jeez - No one here ever heard of Eric before, and don't know his (or Jack Schwartz's) reputation... :rolleyes:

But - please keep your "cautious eye" going - we need tons of that! We really could have used it when someone started peddling fake OR's on the board!

New guy: who are you and why are you posting here?

Eric: Thank you so much for your post, your integrity has made me want to give you my business in the future.

Anthony: Better get yourself some steaks or something to throw to those bastards, if they are hungry they can be pretty mean.
Nothing says community like treating other members like shit.

Rod, please delete my account. This was not the "community" that I read about in your post.

Buddy I didn't even begin to treat you like shit. I was curious as to where you come from, why you stepped in here to participate in a thread that is already a gigantic clusterfuck from the great beyond, and why you didn't feel the need to post much (read: anything) until this mess. Since you are giving commentary I think it is reasonable for me to ask you why I should listen to what you say (to be a part of a community you have to participate and as far as I see your participation level has been nill until today). I have no interest in chasing you off but if you want to take your ball and leave you can have a nice day.

YBDMV

Buddy I didn't even begin to treat you like shit. I was curious as to where you come from, why you stepped in here to participate in a thread that is already a gigantic clusterfuck from the great beyond, and why you didn't feel the need to post much (read: anything) until this mess. Since you are giving commentary I think it is reasonable for me to ask you why I should listen to what you say (to be a part of a community you have to participate and as far as I see your participation level has been nill until today). I have no interest in chasing you off but if you want to take your ball and leave you can have a nice day.

YBDMV
I joined in February after Herfing with a large group of CP members. Then from March until June I spent most of my time working 18 hour days and attempting to pack my house. I moved 3 weeks ago. I just finished two projects last week. I finally have time to get onto more sites than the 1 I was active on during that time. That is where I came from.

I have posted in other threads today. People jumped to a conclusion based on Erics post. A conclusion that even after I posted Eric stated he didn't want people to jump to. Somehow, "new guy" is the only one who read Eric's post for what it was. Yet "new guy" has no reason to be in here.

YBDMV
I joined in February after Herfing with a large group of CP members. Then from March until June I spent most of my time working 18 hour days and attempting to pack my house. I moved 3 weeks ago. I just finished two projects last week. I finally have time to get onto more sites than the 1 I was active on during that time. That is where I came from.

I have posted in other threads today. People jumped to a conclusion based on Erics post. A conclusion that even after I posted Eric stated he didn't want people to jump to. Somehow, "new guy" is the only one who read Eric's post for what it was. Yet "new guy" has no reason to be in here.

I'm confused beyond all reason.

Eric posted here to tell us of his interaction with the smokinj nothing more nothing less.

We used that information to figure out how smokinj was making bogus cello. Did I miss something that you saw over and above this?

YBDMV
The "new guy" and others are reading this thread with great interest (including myself, I am pretty new by this place's standards), because the person in question has had a shit ton of dealings on a few sites that we frequent more than here.

I think you might have jumped to conclusions yourself about what everybody assumed. You need to step back and look at the facts:

a) The seller is on the scumbag list already, he is a known scammer EOF.
b) The cigars clearly do not belong to the cello they were sold in
c) Eric provided some information that might help us understand what the known scumbag MAY have done to help shill these cigars.
d) It doesn't matter at all where the guy got the cello or who sold it to him or what color his panties are, he is still a scumbag. All this business about the presentation is pontificating, although it may be very helpful for people in the future that want to be wary of these types of sales.

I guess my point is I don't get your point? Eric is well liked and respected here so his rep is in no danger. Nothing he can say will incriminate the seller more since he is already a pariah. Its just more of a technical discussion at this point. There isn't anything to protect him from?

Edit: TC I meant why was he posting here, it seemed as if he must know some of the involved parties to warrant the comments he was making (i.e., Eric, not the scumbag). Obv. I expect folks from other boards to be watching this discussion since the guy was primarily active at Asylum.

I'm confused beyond all reason.

Eric posted here to tell us of his interaction with the smokinj nothing more nothing less.

We used that information to figure out how smokinj was making bogus cello. Did I miss something that you saw over and above this?

Well old man...you're old tired eyes missed the 'light and savior' of Eric's reputation for one.

Than on the other hand, who the hell is Jack Schwartz? ???