• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

Wow, can't believe it's almost over. Thanks again for the opportunity to participate. I learned a lot. In fact the biggest thing I learned is that I have a TON more to learn. :D That's what it's about after all!

Wait... We're already down to the last T/P?? :(

Working as much as I have been lately has put me out of the loop around here. But, gotta make a living somehow.

Thank You to Greg, I hope you've enjoyed this as much as the rest of us have. Thank you to all the participants and those who just chimed in to help out us newbs.

I am working on my p and t now. Let see what some people have learned. I have 3 opus cigars Power Ranger #4 and a #5 all 3 of them are from 08 I know I paid close to msrp for them but how would you figure out the price of them????
whistling.gif

I am working on my p and t now. Let see what some people have learned. I have 3 opus cigars Power Ranger #4 and a #5 all 3 of them are from 08 I know I paid close to msrp for them but how would you figure out the price of them????
whistling.gif

Opus is a bit tricky as there's rarity involved. It's preferable that you trade a rare stick for rare stick of equal rarity or less. Price of the stick you want to trade for should be at least MSRP of the Opus or less. Make sense? :laugh: Just post up what you're thinking of trading for and we'll go from there. ;)

Here goes

Takes
#90 La Aurora Emerald
#100 Tatuaje Drac
#104 Tatuaje T110
#105 Woam

Puts
Opus X #5
Opus X Power Ranger
Opus X #4
Xicar HC Colorado Belicoso

Hummm ok dont know how I missed it. Ok then replace it with the Camacho Liberty 07

I haven't updated the list as I was waiting for the pass to get back so I could get it fixed right. I think it's correct other than missing Jamie's Take/Puts.

Here goes

Takes
#90 La Aurora Emerald
#100 Tatuaje Drac $13
#104 Tatuaje T110 ~$10
#105 Woam ~$7.90

Puts
Opus X #5 $9
Opus X Power Ranger $10.25
Opus X #4 $9.75
Xicar HC ColoradoX Belicoso ~$8.25

Since the Emerald is gone I guess we can skip that one. The Tatuajes and WOAM have some HTF value so everything looks okay to me except maybe the Drac which is about $2.75 more than the Opus. Then again most of the reviews I've seen of the Drac weren't that flattering while the Power Ranger seems to be highly prized. So I don't really have a problem with this trade either. Roger may decide he doesn't want to give up the Power Ranger either after reading this. :D

I wanted to thank Greg for including me in this pass. It was truly fun and a really sweet learning process. :cool:

I wanted to thank Greg for including me in this pass. It was truly fun and a really sweet learning process. :cool:

Was great having you along for the ride Shant! Hopefully we'll get a 201 pass going after the first of the year. You ready?? :D

I just want to say even though I wasn't in this pass, I've learned a lot by keeping up with it. Thanks for hosting it, Greg.

I hope I can get in on a newbie pass in the near future.

:thumbs:

So I think this is where we're at with our final T/P:

T 90) Camacho Liberty 2007 - $14.40
P ?) Opus X No. 5 - $9

T 100) Tatuaje Drac - $13
P ? ) Opus xXx Pwr Ranger - $10.25

T 104) Tatuaje T110 - $10
P ? ) Opus X No. 4 - $9.75

T 105) Woam - $8.35
P ? ) Xicar HC Colorado Beli - $8.09 (Tex cigars $179.99, Serious $164.95, Atlantic $165 w/21 to a box)

So far, the only one I'm seeing would be to switch the Power Ranger with the Opus No. 4 on the T110.

Would anyone say the T110 has more rarity though than the xXx? Thoughts anyone?

So I think this is where we're at with our final T/P:

T 90) Camacho Liberty 2007 - $14.40
P ?) Opus X No. 5 - $9

T 100) Tatuaje Drac - $13
P ? ) Opus xXx Pwr Ranger - $10.25

T 104) Tatuaje T110 - $10
P ? ) Opus X No. 4 - $9.75

T 105) Woam - $8.35
P ? ) Xicar HC Colorado Beli - $8.09 (Tex cigars $179.99, Serious $164.95, Atlantic $165 w/21 to a box)

So far, the only one I'm seeing would be to switch the Power Ranger with the Opus No. 4 on the T110.

Would anyone say the T110 has more rarity though than the xXx? Thoughts anyone?

Hrmm, I'd say that with the recent news of another release of the T110, the rarity may drop a bit on the T110. Granted, not much as the number of boxes being released is very small, so I think that in the end, the Opus for the T110 is a good trade.

Honestly, I am surprised at you Greg, you didn't mention the WOAM for the Xikar. Are the Xikars considered a HTF? I would think that with the WOAM being a bit more difficult to procure, and it being .35 cents over the put, it would not work.

In the end, to me it is hard to determine how much rarity value there is on Opus that are of the variety regularly released each year. Perhaps they are harder to find than I am led to believe. I dunno.

I dont think any of the puts look that good from here. All puts are less than the takes and the rarity doesnt match up on any. Maybe the xXx for the t110 but otherwise I think that you should go back to the humidor and try tom get a little closer with your pick. Lets finish on a strong note and show how moch the newbie class has learned!:cool:

Greg, ignore me, apparently I didn't read what you said correctly. Two back to back 16 hour shifts has left me slightly brain damaged. :(

I agree, the only one that works is the xXx for the T110. I don't think rarity is an issue here as like I said now that the T110 is being released again, although in a small quantity, the rarity isn't going to bump it to being over the put.

Greg, ignore me, apparently I didn't read what you said correctly. Two back to back 16 hour shifts has left me slightly brain damaged. :(

I agree, the only one that works is the xXx for the T110. I don't think rarity is an issue here as like I said now that the T110 is being released again, although in a small quantity, the rarity isn't going to bump it to being over the put.

No worries my friend! Makes for good discussion! :D

It's really hard for me to rate the rarity of any cigar. I'm really just throwing darts at a dart board. I think Charles has a good point about another release of the T110s. I also know that there have been a lot of people trying to score some T110s but I still have this feeling of Opus being the holy grail of HTFs. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Was a teaching and learning time wanted to see opinions. Larry I have had several of the xXx and still have 11 left but have not tried the drac let me see what I can really do with them

edit: what about tat blacks how can you put a price on them????