• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Cognas I've Ever Had

srnadel

I just had the Tesseron Lot 29 Cognac. It's probably the best cognac I have ever had. It's heads and tales above Louis VIII at nowhere near the price. Has anyone had it?

I just had the Tesseron Lot 29 Cognac. It's probably the best cognac I have ever had. It's heads and tales above Louis VIII at nowhere near the price. Has anyone had it?

Yes, I have had it and I agree it is much better than many of the products the top 3 cognac houses produce. Some of the smaller cognac houses have a lot to offer. I'd also recommend Germain-Robin brandies. They are some of the best brandies available. Vange recommended them to me in a post a few weeks ago. :thumbs:

Yes, I have had it and I agree it is much better than many of the products the top 3 cognac houses produce. Some of the smaller cognac houses have a lot to offer. I'd also recommend Germain-Robin brandies. They are some of the best brandies available. Vange recommended them to me in a post a few weeks ago. :thumbs:
G-R brandies are great. I just think there are a little pricey.

They run in the same range as many XO cognacs and in some cases, are much better (IMO).

*edited because I couldn't get the "quotes" to work correctly.

They run in the same range as many XO cognacs and in some cases, are much better (IMO).

*edited because I couldn't get the "quotes" to work correctly.
I agree, but just by default an XO domestic brandy should cost less than an imported XO brandy.

I'm glad this post came up. Just finished a .750 of Remy XO (not in one day lol!)....left a lot to be desired. I have the Tesseron XO lot 60, but haven't cracked it yet. Really like the Martell Cordon Blue (bout a 100 bucks)....but am really pumped up to try the Delamain cognacs...I often here you can pay more but you won't get much better than Delamain. Just what I heard though....no personal experience.

I'm glad this post came up. Just finished a .750 of Remy XO (not in one day lol!)....left a lot to be desired. I have the Tesseron XO lot 60, but haven't cracked it yet. Really like the Martell Cordon Blue (bout a 100 bucks)....but am really pumped up to try the Delamain cognacs...I often here you can pay more but you won't get much better than Delamain. Just what I heard though....no personal experience.

Delamain does make some good cognacs, but again, it really does come down to personal preference. I have a few bottles from the main cognac houses (Remy Martin, Hennessy), but for my personal preference, I really like the smaller cognac houses as they generally release smaller lots and seem to have a better control over quality.

Delamain is great cognac. They took a major price increase a few years ago and I got a little sour on the brand. I still think Tesseron is the best for the money, but that's just my opinion.

Delamain is great cognac. They took a major price increase a few years ago and I got a little sour on the brand. I still think Tesseron is the best for the money, but that's just my opinion.

Have you had Lot 76 yet?

Have you had Lot 76 yet?
Many times. More complexity than you will find with the Remy XO and Martell.

Have you had Lot 76 yet?
Many times. More complexity than you will find with the Remy XO and Martell.

Thanks Seth,

I'll have to pick one up in the near future. I agree, compared to some other cognacs I've had, the Remy XO is lacking.

I'm not against all big name cognacs. I do want to pick up a bottle of Hennessy Paradis some time as I've heard this is pretty good.

Remy Martin and Martell are both solid cognacs. I just like the Tesseron better. I think it has more complexity. Germain-Robin is a great brandy, also. Just a little high in price.

Tess Lot 29 is a fantastic cognac. I had it about 5-6 years back at a tasting and bought it the next time I saw it for $250.
I dont ever see it less than $350 now.

Alfred Tesseron also makes amazing wine, his Chateau Pontet-Canet is one of my favorite Bordeaux. I have had the 99, 2000, 2003, 2004, and 2005. All tremendous vino. The 05 can age easily another 20 years.

Hey Seth, I bought a Delamain Family Reserve from you a long time ago, it is incredible cognac as well. More money than Lot 29, but so damn good.
I crave that rancio flavor in the older cognacs.

Another great well priced cognac is Daniel Bouju. That house has 2 barrelproof bottlings I know of (brut du fut) that are so intense and tasty, its hard to beat them for the money.

Never had LXIII yet, but I suspect it is a lot of it hype ala Cristal champagne. I tend to stay away from the Big Four as you are paying for a name.

Tess Lot 29 is a fantastic cognac. I had it about 5-6 years back at a tasting and bought it the next time I saw it for $250.

Alfred Tesseron also makes amazing wine, his Chateau Pontet-Canet is one of my favorite Bordeaux. I have had the 99, 2000, 2003, 2004, and 2005. All tremendous vino. The 05 can age easily another 20 years.

Hey Seth, I bought a Delamain Family Reserve from you a long time ago, it is incredible cognac as well. More money than Lot 29, but so damn good.

Another great well priced cognac is Daniel Bouju. That house has 2 barrelproof bottlings I know of (brut du fut) that are so intense and tasty, its hard to beat them for the money.

Never had LXIII yet, but I suspect it is a lot of it hype ala Cristal champagne. I tend to stay away from the Big Four as you are paying for a name.

Yeah, I wonder about the XIII, or any other multi-thousand dollar drink for that matter. I doubt they are that much better. My understanding with LXIII is that it has some cognac in it that is 200 years old. I'm not sure the amount, but it's probably not a lot. Don't get me wrong, if offered, I would not refuse. :whistling:

Vange, once again, thank you for that past recommendation you gave me on the Germain Robin brandies.

I remember the Family Reserve. It came in a wooden box, if I remember correctly. We got a few bottles and they were impossible to get. I wish I had more. Louis XII has a great nose, but the taste is a little lacking for the price.

I just started to drink cognac - looking forward to searching for and trying some of the ones listed.

Vange, once again, thank you for that past recommendation you gave me on the Germain Robin brandies.

NP, I think you were looking for American made brandy, there is NO better than GR. The GRs do tend to be lighter than some older cognacs though.
I even have a GR Anno Domini 2000 in my collection. Yet another special occasion bottle I need an excuse to open.

Try a few Armagnacs too, the older the better. I had a Laubade 1967 that was incredible at a wine tasting.

I got a taste of some HINE Triomphe Grande Champagne Cognac the past weekend and it certainly did it for me. However, $250 cognac is not something I buy when there is so much scotch to go. I do like the Martell Cordon Bleu though and will get one occasionally. I also like the Marie Daffau 30 Armagnac at about the same price point.

If anyone can find a source, I'd be forever grateful....I picked up a bottle of Otard Napoleon while in France a few years back and wished I had sampled before bringing home. Would definitely bought two or three more. Hands down the best Cognac I have ever tasted personally.

Can't seem to find here, or anyone that ships to the US. :(

If anyone can find a source, I'd be forever grateful....I picked up a bottle of Otard Napoleon while in France a few years back and wished I had sampled before bringing home. Would definitely bought two or three more. Hands down the best Cognac I have ever tasted personally.

Can't seem to find here, or anyone that ships to the US. :(

Try garrafeira nacional in Portugal they claim "World Wide Shipping" --Jimmy