• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I could eat breakfast 3 times a day.

Tonight I'll finish the last of the batch of "chili" I made in the slow cooker. Not a traditional chili by any means but it did turn out pretty damn well. Probably the best I've made thus far.

Made shrimp mofongo the other night. I really enjoyed this dish. Next time I'll probably have a tomato, avocado and cilantro salad dressed with balsamic vinegar to go with this.
20170220_191716_zpskbrkakzx.jpg

Stopped by my favorite Vietnamese spot and got some pho. It was seriously on point tonight, even after driving it 45 minutes back home after work. Best bowl of pho I've had thus far.

New "Real" Butcher in town. Bought a sampling of his sausages.
Cooked up some Philly Cheese Steak Sausages and some Twice Baked Potatoes. Sausage was delicious. My son loved them too.

What's chilaquiles?
It's a dish that you'll love if you love enchiladas. Cut white corn tortillas (preferably slightly old/stale) into quarters. You'll need about 20 tortillas. Fry on a skillet/pan about medium heat with about 1/4-1/3 cup light oil, canola, grape seed, avocado, coconut, corn, or vegetable, do not use olive oil as it is too strong a flavor. You'll want to turn the triangles with a spatula carefully, attempting to flip about 1/4 of the triangles at a time. Continue frying until most triangles are somewhat firm and golden in spots. Do not cook until crunchy and dried out. At this point add your favorite red chili sauce, you can find recipes using ancho, New Mexico and California or Anaheim dried chili pods. I like a combo of all three. Pour over triangles. Flip after cooking for a couple minutes, again being careful to not destroy all the triangles, add more sauce to coat, fry a couple more minutes. Add your favorite shredded cheese, I suggest Chedder and Jack or Mexican/Fiesta blend, about 1/4-1/2 cup, flip after 1 minute, coat with another 1/4-1/2 cup cheese. Turn off heat, cover for a couple minutes until cheese melts. Enjoy with breakfast meats on the side, refríed beans. And the fried egg on top is optional but oh so delicious.

Last edited:
It's a dish that you'll love if you love enchiladas. Cut white corn tortillas (preferably slightly old/stale) into quarters. You'll need about 20 tortillas. Fry on a skillet/pan about medium heat with about 1/4-1/3 cup light oil, canola, grape seed, avocado, coconut, corn, or vegetable, do not use olive oil as it is too strong a flavor. You'll want to turn the triangles with a spatula carefully, attempting to flip about 1/4 of the triangles at a time. Continue frying until most triangles are somewhat firm and golden in spots. Do not cook until crunchy and dried out. At this point add your favorite red chili sauce, you can find recipes using ancho, New Mexico and California or Anaheim dried chili pods. I like a combo of all three. Pour over triangles. Flip after cooking for a couple minutes, again being careful to not destroy all the triangles, add more sauce to coat, fry a couple more minutes. Add your favorite shredded cheese, I suggest Chedder and Jack or Mexican/Fiesta blend, about 1/4-1/2 cup, flip after 1 minute, coat with another 1/4-1/2 cup cheese. Turn off heat, cover for a couple minutes until cheese melts. Enjoy with breakfast meats on the side, refríed beans. And the fried egg on top is optional but oh so delicious.
Sounds good, and I do love enchiladas. Our new neighbors are Mexican so I'm expecting some good food...haha I can hope :D