• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Behike 54 BTO SEP 12

Succubus

This review is for you, George Scott. I'm typing this up as I smoke it, so please excuse any typos :)

Pre-light:

IMG_9103.JPG

Aroma: Barnyard/hay with a little sweetness and a lot of graham cracker.

Cold draw: A lot of leather, a little hay, and sweetness

First Third:

IMG_9105.JPG

The initial taste is sweet with a little bit of spiciness that gives it a pleasant zing. It is very creamy with strong notes of coffee and leather. So far it is pleasant and off to a nice mellow start.

It continues to be really sweet, creamy, and strong in the coffee and leather. I should have had this in the morning with a nice cup of coffee.

The flavors and intensity have stayed the same throughout this third.

Second Third:

IMG_9116.JPG

It's so damn windy I'm surprised this thing is still lit! I'm still really enjoying the burst of sweetness I'm getting with each puff followed by cream and coffee. This is just so fantastic, I wish you could taste!

I've started to pick up on more coffee than before, but it tastes more like coffee beans than brewed coffee. The leather has kicked in more as well. The sweetness has died down a little, the creaminess is still present. The spice has also increased a little more, but is still tasting pretty mellow. There is a good amount of strength though, but it's very refined, not the kind that's gonna kick you in the teeth.

As the second third continues, it's beginning to taste a lot more green and grassy. The brewed coffee flavor has definitely turned more to green coffee beans. Still good, but just different.

Well the sweetness is no longer :(
Yep, it's turned pretty strong!

Final Third:

IMG_9137.JPG

The strength has crept up on me and I can feel it now for sure...

It's still very green and grassy, stronger than before. I don't think I taste any creaminess, well maybe as an after taste. The leather is gone too and I don't think it'll be back!

My little buddy is shivering out here, so I zipped him up in my coat (that I stole from Josh :D)

IMG_9138.JPG

Overall, I enjoyed the flavors most in the first third as that's typically what I like best. It started out pretty mellow and kicked me in the ass by the end :p Having some age on it has definitely calmed it down some, but it still packs a punch! I do wish that I had a box to age, but wouldn't touch them for 10 years.

Well done, Bri. I find them pretty leathery too.
Tell Josh to buy you a Jacket, or an Aristocrat. Your choice...:D

Every one of these that I've had, meaning different sizes, has been very good. I enjoyed your review and appreciate you toughing out the wind. I hate smoking in the wind, it might be my least favorite condition.

Every one of these that I've had, meaning different sizes, has been very good. I enjoyed your review and appreciate you toughing out the wind. I hate smoking in the wind, it might be my least favorite condition.
Yea it's the worst, luckily my covered patio area somewhat helped. I think my pup hated it more than me, well, until he burrowed in my jacket lol

Well done, Bri!

From my one experience with this marca I'd say you nailed it.

Great review. You were starting to get me wondering there with all this talk of timidity in the smoke, as every Cohiba I've ever smoked has threatened to kick my ass by the end. Good to hear this one didn't disappoint. Great photos, too. You need to get that pup a parka...

Great review. You were starting to get me wondering there with all this talk of timidity in the smoke, as every Cohiba I've ever smoked has threatened to kick my ass by the end. Good to hear this one didn't disappoint. Great photos, too. You need to get that pup a parka...
There's a few that do that to me too, but I've noticed that the more age they have, the less they kick me in the ass lol and my pup had some clothes, but be hates to wear his puffy jacket :D

I can't wait until I have the chance to enjoy one of those. Nice review!