• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor seasoning

Just to give you guys an update since y'all helped me so. I ended up moving my himidor to a place where no direct sunlight or air vents were around. Once it settled at 68-70* and around 66% I let it stay for 3 more days before I removed the shot glass of distilled water. Then I let it sit another 3 days and I have a constant 66-69* with 66-68%. Added half my cigars and let it sit for 2 days before adding the rest. Everything is holding nicely.
Thanks everyone for the help. Can't wait to get my sampler pack from Niko.

We won't steer you wrong, unless you start taking about putting expensive bands on cheap sticks or posting Unabomber manifesto type YouTube videos. :p

We won't steer you wrong, unless you start taking about putting expensive bands on cheap sticks or posting Unabomber manifesto type YouTube videos. :p
Is that a smokin giovani reference?

I always just wiped the interior down 2x with distilled water. But the older folk always seemed to appreciate a slower method ;)

Great way to ruin wood. Sometime the older folks have wisdom...

That's what I usually hear and I understand why it would. Luckily, I've never actually experienced any degradation in my humidors as a result that I was aware of.

I bought a small glass top humidor and used two or three Boveda seasoning packs along with a small bowl of distilled. Waited 30 days while posting here on CP about it. All sorts of great wisdom here and the biggest best piece of advice was be patient. I was and have had no issues since and the RH is perfect. Looks like you did the same and it paid off. Congrats.