• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

I think the number one sign of a newb is someone who complains about the price of Davidoff's. No one constructs or blends a better cigar. They're worth every penny, and not for everyday.

Doc

Yup! Am newb.

I think the number one sign of a FOG is someone who complains about newbs. :D

Warped Flor Del Valle Cristales. Medium plus smoke. Opens with some spice, stays smooth throughout, some notes of honey like sweetness in the middle, ends with some floral. Dominant wood flavor throughout. I swear it has a leaf of fire cured tobacco in it. The aroma is like mesquite BBQ/wood. This left me a little nic buzzed. Good smoke.

A Paul Stulac something or another while I set up a play house my parents got for my girls. I didn't have a high opinion when I got them and guess I still don't. Still good enough to not throw away though.

A Paul Stulac something or another while I set up a play house my parents got for my girls. I didn't have a high opinion when I got them and guess I still don't. Still good enough to not throw away though.

That the one from the box split? I have a couple left as well. Wasn't overly impressed either and it certainly didn't have me looking to try other lines he produced.

Last night was my first fresh Hoyo DC. Being that my first ever Hoyo was from like 1999 and was one of the best smokes I've ever had, I was understandably ruined and found the fresh Hoyo to lack the complexity of the aged one. From my tasting notes, the flavor profile was also significantly different. The fresh Hoyo reminded me far more of an Epi #2 which is a great smoke, but not what I had expected. So far my favorite DC is still the Lusi or the Sir Winnie.

A Hiram & Solomon Traveling Man. I think I got this one from Jerry as part of a trade from the stuff he picked up at the trade show. Interesting to try but nothing crazy memorable- a bit spicy but not a pepper bomb with some cocoa notes. I guess if you a Mason it should be a must try given the whole branding thing. I'm sure that there are some hidden symbols in the cigar band that will kick of a Dan Brown style adventure.

Last edited: