• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2008 NHL Playoff Contest.

Yojimbo

Brutish Nubber
The idea is to have a good time rooting for teams, and to win a few sticks when it's all said and done.

Once the 16 NHL playoff teams are determined, teams will be assigned by a blind draw.

The stake for the game is 2 premium sticks, and payout would be 24 sticks to the player that chooses the Stanley cup champ, and 8 to the player choosing the team that makes it to the final series, but loses.

Players
1.Yojimbo - Dallas Stars
2. thatsonofa - Detroit Red Wings
3. muddstick - San Jose Sharks
4. The Black Cloud - Anaheim Ducks
5. Mr_Wolf - Montreal Canadiens
6. bimmer635csi - Nashville Predators
7. Smokin'Sims - Bostin Bruins
8. cookie_1978 - Philadelphia Flyers
9. gtadroptop - Colorado Avalanche
10. pdeleone - Calgary Flames
11. Jonsey - New Jersey Devils
12. imaman - Ottowa Senators
13. br174 - Pittsburg Penguins
14. CigarStone - Minnesota Wild
15. 5 O'Clock Somewhere - Washington Capitals
16. ZippoVette - New York Rangers

I'm in!

[fingers crossed] The Caps are soooo close to making the playoffs. [/fingers crossed]

I'm in!

[fingers crossed] The Caps are soooo close to making the playoffs. [/fingers crossed]

Being a 'Canes fan, I'm listening to the Tampa/Caps game hoping the caps loose. Sorry brother! :whistling:

Got ya added.

Since I live near Detroit, I guess I should take them.

(But in all honesty, I'd rather the Lightning or Maple Leafs win).

Count me in! I just received an order of Camacho 10th Anny's that should make for a fine payout.

Cheers,
Chris

Since I live near Detroit, I guess I should take them.

(But in all honesty, I'd rather the Lightning or Maple Leafs win).

Count me in! I just received an order of Camacho 10th Anny's that should make for a fine payout.

Cheers,
Chris

Got ya added. We'll pick teams once we have all of our players.

/Tiphat Mr_Wolf, Caps pulled it out tonite. As long as Carolina beats Florida tomorrow night though, Canes will take the Caps out of Playoff contention brother! :sign:

/Tiphat Mr_Wolf, Caps pulled it out tonite. As long as Carolina beats Florida tomorrow night though, Canes will take the Caps out of Playoff contention brother! :sign:

Boooooo.

Alex did get his 64th & 65th goals last night! MVP! MVP! MVP! :thumbs:

I am in - This time I want Pittsburgh, not like that baseball contest. :sign:

I've been thinking about the team picking process. Seems like the fairest way is to pick teams is gonna be to set a date and time (once all 16 playoff teams have been determined), and let everyone pick their teams after that time based on forum time.

So basically if picks start on April 9th at 9:00 forum time, then only posts marked after that time will be admitted for the pick process.

I wanna play too! I'll be cheering for the Pens no matter what.

I've been thinking about the team picking process. Seems like the fairest way is to pick teams is gonna be to set a date and time (once all 16 playoff teams have been determined), and let everyone pick their teams after that time based on forum time.

So basically if picks start on April 9th at 9:00 forum time, then only posts marked after that time will be admitted for the pick process.

As much as I want the Pens, I would think the fairest way to do it is a blind draw just like the baseball/football contest. JMHO.

This is good for me. If I "pick" anyone, they are sure to lose.

(Sorry for whoever gets the Red Wings then) :D

...Edit to fix my fancy quote mistake...

Bah, no 'Canes in the playoffs no matter how Washington plays now. :( ???