• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A good single malt scotch for a beginner?

DonkeyKong

Wondering what would be a good scotch for a beginner. Have yet to try any, I usually stick to whiskey, vodka, and run from rum.

Ignore the fact that I am 20, please and thank you.

Double Diet Coke neat should do it for now! We can make recommendations when you turn 21 :angry:

I hear Shirley Temples are nice. Two Jiggers of vintage ginger ale (Canada Dry) 1 jigger OJ and a dash of grenadine.

Doc.

I like a nice Arnold Palmer on a warm day. 1/2 a glass of lemonade other 1/2 of Iced Tea. Enjoy!

Wow rough crowd here! :angry:

No social commentary about this lads ability to fight and die for his country at this tender age. ;)

His ability to sign a contract ,even one to his detriment such as a marriage contract, at his age. :0

I am quite sure not one of the posters here ever tried a touch of the forbidden juice prior to their official 21st birthday. :sign:

While this board and I obviously /\ /\ would never condone under age drinking except for myself and my children, if I WERE to give this advice to a CP'er I would say get a bottle of GlenKinchie. :thumbs:

PJ

Wow rough crowd here! :angry:

No social commentary about this lads ability to fight and die for his country at this tender age. ;)

His ability to sign a contract ,even one to his detriment such as a marriage contract, at his age. :0

I am quite sure not one of the posters here ever tried a touch of the forbidden juice prior to their official 21st birthday. :sign:

While this board and I obviously /\ /\ would never condone under age drinking except for myself and my children, if I WERE to give this advice to a CP'er I would say get a bottle of GlenKinchie. :thumbs:

PJ

While I agree with the thinking behind your argument PJ, doesn't matter what 's he's done, could do, or might do, he's not 21 and plainly stated that, which is what prompted the responses. It's not like there haven't been a million threads started already asking about starter scotches if he wanted to leave his age out of the discussion.

I agree. Not using Search is the bigger offense.

Really? Is there a $2000 fine. Not to mention child endangerment and child abuse charges as there are where I live. I don't know about where you fellows live, but providing booze to a minor is a serious offense, even if it is your own child. As far as the military goes, and don't forget I've been out longer than I was in, I've never been on a base where a fellow in the service couldn't get a drink. We've always chased off underage smokers. I see no inconsistency in giving underage drinkers a hard time.

Doc.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one Doc. We are not "providing" him with any alcohol, just pointing out what we think is a good starter scotch. I can see where you are coming from, but just giving advice is not endangering or abusing children.

Do I think it's bad form for a minor to post a topic asking for people suggestions about liquor, when the only way he can acquire said liquor is by unlawful means? Yes, but that is a different discussion.

I would suggest MAC 12 as a good starter. I also am particular to Johnnie Walker Black Label, I think it's pretty good and inexpensive.

I guess I didn't make my point very well. Which is, I don't see any problem with giving an underage drinker the business.

Doc.

I don't see any problem with giving him the business, either. Hell, I got a good laugh at the Shirley Temple recipe. Posting a thread like this, when all the answers can easily be found, wasn't the brightest idea, and I think you guys handled it the right way.

I actually wrote "Peat Monster" on my post and then erased it and wrote the other.

I do have issues with legal age however, as I posted!

PJ

I don't see any problem with giving him the business, either. Hell, I got a good laugh at the Shirley Temple recipe. Posting a thread like this, when all the answers can easily be found, wasn't the brightest idea, and I think you guys handled it the right way.

Haha. Well my apologies for causing such a fuss. I felt my particular palet would contribute to my question, as I do not like sweet alcohols.

[/quote]

Haha. Well my apologies for causing such a fuss. I felt my particular palet would contribute to my question, as I do not like sweet alcohols.
[/quote]

That would have been one thing had you mentioned that it your original post, which you didn't . So the consideration of your undeveloped palate for recommendations is a lie. IMO you also intentionally attempted to spark a flame, for whatever reason, with the declaration that you are 20yrs old cannot legally drink alcohol. People can take this and interpet your post as they see fit but, IMO you intentionally wanted to get some attention with this and for good or bad you got it.

For future reference, regardless of merit please do not post or advertise your intent to break the law here or solicit the brothers at CP to aid you in your digressions. You could have searched this topic in any number of venues and for whatever reason you chose to get some attention and post this here. I hope you got what you were looking for.