• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Cigars, Good or Bad?

Acids are a gateway cigar, I started with them but have since moved on.

I like the acid cigars , Mostly because that is what i started on ..Love the naturals just because they are not as flavored as the kuba-kuba stuff ...I am getting more into the non flavored cigars and moving away from the acid stuff ..Drew makes lots of regular non flavored stuff ...I guess they are a gateway stogie ...Some girls i know smoke the Acid's ..Nothing quite like a chickie puffing away on a stogie ....

...I want to taste the differences between the wrappers, enjoy the subtle differences in the various cigars I smoke, not be pummeled with tuti-fruti overwhelming perfume. I want to taste the tobacco, not the watermelon flavoring that's been pumped into the cigar. ....B.B.S.

What he said! :thumbs:

..., I've asked a couple of friends of mine that own or work at B&M's and to my amazement, they sell piles of Acid's. ....B.B.S.

Bottom line - chick's dig the smell. 'nuff said... :whistling:

As of now, Natural by Drew Estate is the only Acid I'm really down for occasionally anymore. All the others taste and smell like poupori...

I enjoy a number of Acids (Cold Tea Infusion, Toast, etc) but not all of them. Lately my taste in flavored cigars leans towards coffee and mocha. Tatiana, Tabak Especial, and Drew Estates Javas are all excellent. I think it just depends on my mood and what I might be drinking. As a huge beer fan I have found that the Odell Bourbon Barrel Stout goes particularly well with a Taback Especial Cafe Con Leche. Some days it's just what I like. On other's I'll break out a Gurka or Man O' War.

JD, thanks for your comments, I know it must be tough to read some of this, lol.

With that said, I would like to say a couple of things. First, acids do draw in new smokers which is good for all of us. Its good for all smokers to have more numbers and it's good for Marvin and JD, lol. Next, these guys are very smart and put out a quality product period. I don't know any cigar smokers who don't enjoy at least one of their lines, whether infused or not. Also, it is not up to us or anyone to decide for someone else what a "good" cigar is. Personally, I don't care for the Opus line, but almost everyone on this site will tell you they're wonderful. I'd take anything from the Liga line over an Opus any day, but that's me and shouldn't influence anyone else. Lastly, SMOKE WHAT YOU LIKE.
What you can do hear is expand your options. Whatever any of us say is a "good" cigar that you haven't smoked you can ask why we think it is "good" and if it sounds "good" to you, you might try it.

ACID's are OK. I've tried a couple I like and a couple that I didn't. They definitely have a stronger level of "flavor enhancement" than a lot of people are going to enjoy. I find them to be a good change of pace. That being said, I freaking love the Naturals line. The Dirt Torpedo, the Clean Robusto and the Irish Hops have great tobacco flavors that are really enhanced by whatever JD is doing to them. In addition, The CI Legends Copper Label that Drew Estates blended is excellent, and a great value, and my wife is a big fan of both the Tabak Especials and the Javas. Naturals and the Copper Label will always have a place in my humidor. I haven't had the chance to try any of the Liga Privada line, but I hope to sometime in the near future.

Good or bad, one of the things that I appreciate most about JD is their willingness to try new things. Its nice to see someone willing to take a chance and innovate. Keep doing what you are doing, JD!

Acid are good sticks, I have two boxes in my stash, but I also have seven boxes of non infused(flavored) cigars. They are a good starter cigar, especially for women and people that don't smoke alot.

Fortunately I started with non-infused cigars! But I will admit I have always wanted to try one, just to see what it was like. :whistling:

Give 'em a shot, you just might like them. Just go into it knowing that the ACIDs are going to have some very strong, non-traditional flavors and aromas. You might want to try some of the Naturals or the Tabak Especials first, as the flavors are a little more sublte and traditional. Also, you might want to consider thrying the CI Legends Copper Label by Drew Estates. They have a great flavor to them and are a very nice, affordable smoke that I think is a really great value.

Make sure you try the newly released Axe Body Spray infused Acid Manmusk. MoeCizlak buys them buy the pallet load.

Since I don't care for your tone anybody but MMM is free to purchase them from me. Do you like apples, 3M?

Acids introduce lots of new people to cigar-smoking, and for that I'm grateful. But yeah, they're gross. A few years back I smoked a Kuba Kuba and it tasted like patchouli. I told my wife that it was like smoking a hippy. The wife enjoys flavored cigars, but tends towards the CAO Flavours or Drew Estate and Rocky Patel's Java line. If you like flavored cigars, try CI's Drew Estate Copper Label as my wife loves those too.
Drew Estate puts out a number of worthwhile brands though. For mixed-filler, La Vieja Habana's aren't bad, and the Chateau Real I found to be extremely mild, but pleasant enough. LP#9's are one of the better tasting maduros to a guy that doesn't really like maduros. I still haven't smoked the T52, but I want to. I guess he now has the MF13 and L40 out now as well.

I definitely agree with you. The Kuba Kubas are actually what turned me on to cigar smoking and I think the patchouli taste (because I thought it tasted like that, as well) added to it. I thought I was the only one that thought they had that taste. They are overpriced. However, not to say I will not try them occasionally (and most certainly around seasoned smokers), I usually tend to go with the Javas, also. I have not heard of Cl's Copper Label. I am going to have to look that one up.

I picked up 10 CI Legends Copper Labels a few weeks back. Still one of my favorites and well worth trying. Often CI will have them on a daily special, or better yet, invest in the CI Legends Sampler. You get one of each of the ten different cigars all from different cigar makers rolled exclusively for CI.

My cousin Joeparty still swears by them and buys regularly. He has smoked much of what I have and still enjoys these as well. In other words as long as you try a lot of smokes you taste is always going to be right so enjoy!

The shop i work at sells a lot of Acids. since I'm paid to smoke our product I have tried a few Acids (Toast, Kuba Kuba, Blondie). My impression was that they were different strength cigars with the same herb/oil infusion. I don't care for them. I agree with many of the previous posts: keep them out of your humidor, it's a gateway cigar, try the Liga, smoke what you like. don't smoke them around me.

Acids and the word "good" do not belong in the same sentence. Just my .02 cents.